PDA

View Full Version : cordless mouse

Guyver
03-12-2006, 07:29 AM
i just bought as logitech cordless mouse, and my question is, does it turn off by itself when its not active?, to save batterie power or do i have to turn it off manualy?

Skiz
03-12-2006, 07:52 AM
I have a cordless Logitech as well. It must have a sleep mode or something that kicks on after a bit, otherwise the batteries wouldn't last too long. I do have two valuable words for you though:

Rechargeable batteries. :D

Guyver
03-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I have a cordless Logitech as well. It must have a sleep mode or something that kicks on after a bit, otherwise the batteries wouldn't last too long. I do have two valuable words for you though:

on the box its say sumthin about battery saving power, now last up to 8 months lol

so ill just leave it lol

Skiz
03-12-2006, 10:05 AM

on the box its say sumthin about battery saving power, now last up to 8 months lol

so ill just leave it lol

Lats up to 8 months. Mine said something like that, but that's people who are on their pc's like 5 minutes/day. :dry:

Realistically I change mine about every month or so.

tesco
03-12-2006, 05:36 PM
With mine,when I leave it eventually the led starts flashing really quickly, then eventually it goes to a slower flash, then the slowest flash to save power.

accat13
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
LOL I sure hope they have improved my old logitec cordless has lasted about a week or less on one set of batteries...

peat moss
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Ah they don't work for old people like me , I'd be constantly putting it in my coat pocket along with the car keys . How far does the mouse really move anyway ? Bet it sucks for games ?

twisterX
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I have a logitech MX 700 and its a rechargable battery. I got it like 1 year ago and im still using the batteries that came with it and recharging them.

Its also great for games. No lag

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
You'd have thought they would come with a rechargeable docking station :dabs:

Skiz
03-13-2006, 11:04 AM
You'd have thought they would come with a rechargeable docking station :dabs:

They have those too. ;)

lynx
03-13-2006, 02:31 PM
The Logitech rechargables are great.

The leds you would normally get on the keyboard (CapsLock, NumLock, ScrollLock and in my case FunctionLock) are all on the wireless receiver/mouse recharge station, so saving power on the keyboard.

The batteries in the mouse have enough power for at least 15 hours of use (not counting rest periods) before a recharge is necessary. They seem to have a small quirk though. When you first charge them they seem to get to full power very quickly. After a few days the mouse pointer stops moving, although the buttons seem to work. Even a long recharge doesn't seem to fix it for more than a few minutes. However, if you remove the batteries for about 30 seconds then replace them the problem seems to be resolved, but they will now take a long charge to get back to full power. That's happened with 3 units now, not a problem if you know what to do but it would be a real pain if you don't.

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-13-2006, 06:41 PM
I have the logitech mx1000 with the docking base to recharge the built in battery. It is by far the best mouse I have ever owned. It turns itself off after 5 seconds of not moving it. I game moderatly to heavy, and it lasts for about 5 days before I have to recharge it, even then I dont really "have" to charge it, I just like having full battery when I use it :P All wireless mice have some kind of sleep mode I would think.