PDA

View Full Version : Burn multiple iso images into one dvd

asymvivastos
03-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Hello ppl,

my problem is that I have several iso images (interactive tutorials from lynda.com,etc) and I want to burn them into one dvd and when I put it in the drive to ask me which tutorial to load.

Is this possible???I tried with nero and magic iso but I couldn't do it.

Any suggestions either with those 2 programs or with any other one???

muchspl3
03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
you could burn the iso's as data in udf mode or you could extract them with isobuster to folders; then just burn as data

Virtualbody1234
03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
you could burn the iso's as data in udf mode or you could extract them with isobuster to folders; then just burn as data
Why burn them to extract them? ISO buster can extract from .ISO

Edit: Sorry. I misread it. I now see "or". :blushing:

muchspl3
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Why burn them to extract them? ISO buster can extract from .ISO

Edit: Sorry. I misread it. I now see "or". :blushing:
after I proof read it, I was going to rephrase it, but got lazy...

asymvivastos
03-14-2006, 08:11 PM

Thanks for your reply.If I do it with this way how I can choose which image to load when I put the dvd in the drive???

Does a simple autorun file is ok??

accat13
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Well I have never done this with tutorials, but I have done it with some games. This link may help http://www.speedlabs.org/index.php/topic,105.0.html

muchspl3
03-14-2006, 08:44 PM
no it will not "auto run" but if you burn the iso's as data, then just pop the dvd in and load up deamon tools
kind of a pain in the ass but...

asymvivastos
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Ok thanks guys.:)

accat13 I'll check the link and see if it help.;)

Chewie
03-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Create a directory, calling it something like Tutorials DVD or whatever.

Extract each iso to separate folders inside your new one - WinRAR & isobuster can both do this for you.

Install CDMenu Creator, or anything similar, and create a root menu inside your main folder.
For your menu options you should be able to enter the open= string from each iso's autorun.inf file (disregard the icon=xxx line).

Burn everything inside your folder to DVD as a data disc.

Don't ask where to get a menu creator; if you're here then you must know where to look.
;)

muchspl3
03-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Create a directory, calling it something like Tutorials DVD or whatever.

Extract each iso to separate folders inside your new one - WinRAR & isobuster can both do this for you.

Install CDMenu Creator, or anything similar, and create a root menu inside your main folder.
For your menu options you should be able to enter the open= string from each iso's autorun.inf file (disregard the icon=xxx line).

Burn everything inside your folder to DVD as a data disc.

Don't ask where to get a menu creator; if you're here then you must know where to look.
;)
hey chewie

About that menu creator, can you make a menu for divx/xvid for my dvp642
thats the only thing I don't like about that dvd player is the menu, but I haven't figured out how to make a menu for for data files (divx/xvid)
if that can't do it, do you know anything that would work
I hope I explained it where you understand what I'm trying to do.

Chewie
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
My first thought is that the menu system is inbuilt in the DVD player.
They are for playing mp3 data discs, so I presume it'd be the same for video data discs.