PDA

View Full Version : Owen calls for English appointment

Mike Nelson
03-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Story (http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=371707&CPID=219&clid=&lid=2&title=Owen+calls+for+English+appointment)

Why? I'd rather he be good. English managers are crap. Fact.

When was the last time an English manager won the Premiership? I don't know. I doubt anyone does.

Having said that, I'd be a good manager and I'm English. I have taken Gateshead from the Conference North to League Two within three years. We are now consolidating our position in League Two (ie fighting a relegation battle).

Barbarossa
03-17-2006, 11:18 AM
When was the last time an English manager won the Premiership? I don't know. I doubt anyone does.

I know. :)

manker
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
When was the last time an English manager won the Premiership? I don't know. I doubt anyone does.Off the top of my head; George Graham with Arsenal in 1989 when they beat Liverpool with a late Michael Thomas goal at Anfield.

A good day for football :smilie4:

Mike Nelson
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I know. :)

Was it back in the days when they didn't have substitutes, they played in those long shorts and the fans all wore flat-caps?

Barbarossa
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
When was the last time an English manager won the Premiership? I don't know. I doubt anyone does.Off the top of my head; George Graham with Arsenal in 1989 when they beat Liverpool with a late Michael Thomas goal at Anfield.

A good day for football :smilie4:

:rod:

An English manager has never won the premiership.

Anyway, that wasn't even the last time an English manager won the league. :cool:

manker
03-17-2006, 11:37 AM
God sat on the settee with a wife-beater, a gay-basher and the most English sounding Welshman since Vinnie Jones. This was shown live on SKY Sports.

The same day, an Englishman managed a club to the top league title in English football.

It's ingrained upon my memory, never to be shifted.

Incidently, God saw the error of his ways a few short months later :happy:

manker
03-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Okay, you're prolly not going to be able to google that.

Who are the four player I'm referring to that sat on the settee? :smilie4:

DorisInsinuate
03-17-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.carlstadunited.se/nysida/grafik/spelare/TontonZolaMoukoko.jpg

Mike Nelson
03-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Are three of them Vinnie Jones? :dabs:

manker
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM

Are three of them Vinnie Jones? :dabs::glag: :lol:

Mike Nelson
03-17-2006, 11:58 AM
So it was Alan Shearer sat next to three Vinnie Jones then. :happy:

With an army of three Vinnie Jones I could probably take over a small section of the UK. Like Saltash, the East End or Wales.

Proper Bo
03-17-2006, 04:10 PM
I have taken Gateshead from the Conference North to League Two within three years. We are now consolidating our position in League Two (ie fighting a relegation battle).

Bet you couldn't do the same with the spartans:snooty: