PDA

View Full Version : T.O. signs with the Cowboys

Skiz
03-19-2006, 03:42 AM
IRVING, Texas - Jerry Jones was finishing yet another explanation of why he believes Terrell Owens will be on his best behavior with the Dallas Cowboys when his new star receiver chimed in.

“Jerry, I know what’s expected of me,” Owens said. “I won’t let you down.”

The Cowboys sure hope so, especially since they didn’t get it in writing.

The receiver who has proven he can wreak havoc on or off the field signed a three-year, $25 million contract with Dallas on Saturday. The deal includes a $5 million bonus and $5 million salary this season, but no added penalties should Owens pull any of the stunts that caused so many problems for his two previous teams, the San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles.

His relationship with the Eagles soured only months after he led them to the Super Bowl, leading to a bitter breakup that ended with his release Tuesday.

“It’s more than his word, it’s about logic,” Jones said. “This is an opportunity for him to basically put it all together and come in here and have a very positive experience. ... Whoever got him after those two experiences was going to get a more knowledgeable and educated player.”

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Jones never requested anything beyond a standard NFL contract. He may not have wanted to bring it up considering Rosenhaus said there were six other teams also aggressively seeking Owens.

“There was so much interest in Terrell, there was no reason to do anything but that kind of deal,” Rosenhaus said.

Full story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11822170/

Busyman
03-19-2006, 07:02 AM
The Redskins archenemy gets a one-up.

I'm definitely going to the Skins/Cowboys DC home game this season.

Depending on when the game is in Dallas, I may go to Texas to see that one too.

Good move for the Cowgirls, tbh.
We do have Pittsburgh's Randle El though.

zapjb
03-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I hope t.o. starts throwing tantrums right away. :)

Skiz
03-19-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't care either way what the 'Skins do, but being as I hate the Cowgirls though, I'm not sure where I stand on this one.

I guess even though I despise the Cowboys, I have to pull for a Texas team.

Busyman
03-19-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't care either way what the 'Skins do, but being as I hate the Cowgirls though, I'm not sure where I stand on this one.

I guess even though I despise the Cowboys, I have to pull for a Texas team.
I keep forgetting you're not a Cowgirls fan, yet are in Texas.

Well you've got the Houston Texans.:stars:

Skiz
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM

yippie

I might actually watch more of them if something exciting happens in this draft.

Bush?

Busyman
03-19-2006, 03:57 PM

yippie

I might actually watch more of them if something exciting happens in this draft.

Bush?
Not likely. He's the President.:shifty:

DS40KS
03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
To tell u the truth I truly think TO will do good with the Cowboys, Him and Drew Bledsoe will have a great relationship.

Skiz
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
LMAO....TO and Drew are gonna but heads like crazy imo.

j2k4
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Parcells and T.O.? :lol:

I can't wait...

maebach
03-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I hope t.o. starts throwing tantrums right away. :)

:lol: :lol:

longhorn49
03-28-2006, 01:22 AM
cowboys are going to own the nfc east this year as now we can focus on the oline since we have a dangerous duo of wr

ttoomm
03-28-2006, 02:13 AM
ROFL tru, thats gonna be joke!!

Adster
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Dallas now have a headache on their team

Busyman
03-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Wow I must be the only that thinks this was a good move by the Cowboys.

Keep in mind that T.O. made the Eagles (an already good team) better, not counting this last season.

Also keep in mind that he'd want to silence his detractors regarding his behavior.

j2k4
03-29-2006, 02:15 AM

Keep in mind that T.O. made the Eagles (an already good team) better, not counting this last season.

Also keep in mind that he'd want to silence his detractors regarding his behavior.

I'd have thought he'd wanted to do that in Philly...:huh:

Adster
03-29-2006, 02:51 AM
jsut imagine it now bledsoe throwing INTs TO mouthing off saying you suck TO should have gone to GB so he can suck brett faves cock

Busyman
03-29-2006, 03:14 AM

He did...'till last season.

If I was a Cowboy fan, I'd rather have T.O. and "make a run" for the Bowl than sink into another no playoff year.

Say what you want about the Eagles' breakdown this past season. They enjoyed a good year before T.O. and good years with him. T.O. is not the reason the reason the Eagles sucked ass this past season. A hurt star QB was a main part of their ducksickness.

j2k4
03-29-2006, 03:26 AM

If I was a Cowboy fan, I'd rather have T.O. and "make a run" for the Bowl than sink into another no playoff year.

Say what you want about the Eagles' breakdown this past season. They enjoyed a good year before T.O. and good years with him. T.O. is not the reason the reason the Eagles sucked ass this past season. A hurt star QB was a main part of their ducksickness.

Yeah, so ultimately his stock was not improved by what did occur last season.

Of course, he wasn't found guilty in a court of law, and any anti-T.O. stuff is purely anecdotal.

No reason to suspect he'd be anything but a sterling addition to any team in the league.

Busyman
03-29-2006, 03:28 AM

Of course, he wasn't found guilty in a court of law, and any anti-T.O. stuff is purely anecdotal.

No reason to suspect he'd be anything but a sterling addition to any team in the league.
Egggzackleee

j2k4
03-29-2006, 03:38 AM

Egggzackleee

He is a dog with fleas, to be avoided at all costs.

Speaking of which, watch how well Mike Martz gets along with the new head coach (I can't even remember his name) in Detroit this year.

Should be fun to watch.

I give what's-his-name one year.

jafer
03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
If anyone can straighten out T.Owens, it'll have to be the "big tuna"......

j2k4
03-29-2006, 08:19 PM
If anyone can straighten out T.Owens, it'll have to be the "big tuna"......

A big "if", but you're right as rain.

maebach
03-29-2006, 11:19 PM
aaron brooks to Raiders !!! :)

Busyman
03-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Egggzackleee

So you think that TO was part of the Eagle's Superbowl run?

Sorry I understand the hype of this past season and agree he should have STFU. I can't discount his previous seasons with the Eagles, however.

A talented player is a talented player. Ron Artest is a fuck-up yet he makes Sacremento better.

j2k4
03-30-2006, 10:49 AM

Sorry I understand the hype of this past season and agree he should have STFU. I can't discount his previous seasons with the Eagles, however.

A talented player is a talented player. Ron Artest is a fuck-up yet he makes Sacremento better.

True enough, but both are best considered short-term propositions, and, like serial killers, their behavioral intervals keep getting shorter and shorter.

Do you want to alter team chemistry so drastically?

T. O. is talented, for sure, but...:huh:

Busyman
03-30-2006, 11:01 AM

True enough, but both are best considered short-term propositions, and, like serial killers, their behavioral intervals keep getting shorter and shorter.

Mmk, if Dallas gets a Bowl ring (or even goes deep in the playoffs) and then TO fucks up the very next year what would you have to say...hmmmmm?

j2k4
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM

Mmk, if Dallas gets a Bowl ring (or even goes deep in the playoffs) and then TO fucks up the very next year what would you have to say...hmmmmm?

I will say the same thing I'm saying now.

Tuna won't put up with his shit, and T.O. will not knuckle under to him because to do so would be an affront to his "manhood".

If this all happens in the second season (assuming T.O. makes it that far; who knows, Tuna might retire, too), my point still stands.

Don't make book on Dallas going to the playoffs, however.

They haven't proven they can play a tough schedule.

BigBank_Hank
03-30-2006, 09:25 PM

I think that Dallas can make a serious run with the addition of T.O. Last year they were missing a player that could stretch the field and make big plays and T.O gives them that player. They had decent receivers but none of them could take it the distance after the catch like T.O can. Keyshawn was a possession receiver who could go over the middle but once he made the catch that was it; where as with T.O every play he has the potential to score because he is so strong and so quick.

Not to mention they have a very stout young defense and if Julius Jones can stay healthy they can do some serious damage.

j2k4
03-30-2006, 09:49 PM

I think that Dallas can make a serious run with the addition of T.O. Last year they were missing a player that could stretch the field and make big plays and T.O gives them that player. They had decent receivers but none of them could take it the distance after the catch like T.O can. Keyshawn was a possession receiver who could go over the middle but once he made the catch that was it; where as with T.O every play he has the potential to score because he is so strong and so quick.

Not to mention they have a very stout young defense and if Julius Jones can stay healthy they can do some serious damage.

All of this is true; I happen to think last year was a bit of a fluke, though.

BigBank_Hank
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
We (the Saints) managed to sign the cowboys offensive coordinator away from the so we’ll see if that affects them in any way.

They talked him (Sean Peyton) up as being one of the brightest offensive minds in the game so I sure as hell hope that he can bring some sort of hope the Saints.

j2k4
03-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah-kinda like to see the Saints do something after all this time.

It was agonizing to see them bordering on greatness back in the Mora years and end up accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Mora was an enigma as a coach. :huh:

BigBank_Hank
03-31-2006, 05:24 AM
accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Diddley poo as he so eloquently put it.

I tell you what I didn’t care for him as a coach but he sure as hell made up for it with those great post game news conferences.

j2k4
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Diddley poo as he so eloquently put it.

I tell you what I didn’t care for him as a coach but he sure as hell made up for it with those great post game news conferences.

Fact. :D

Busyman
03-31-2006, 12:36 PM

Tuna won't put up with his shit, and T.O. will not knuckle under to him because to do so would be an affront to his "manhood".

If this all happens in the second season (assuming T.O. makes it that far; who knows, Tuna might retire, too), my point still stands.

Oh well if TO plays well and Dallas plays well, all of what you are saying means nothing (he starts stirring shit then what I say means nothing).

I wonder do the Eagles think he was a bad addition, you know, with them going to the Superbowl and all.

Was TO a disruption to the Eagles last year or since he was an Eagle?

The Eagles were better with TO. Fact.

j2k4
04-01-2006, 12:35 AM

Oh well if TO plays well and Dallas plays well, all of what you are saying means nothing (he starts stirring shit then what I say means nothing).

I wonder do the Eagles think he was a bad addition, you know, with them going to the Superbowl and all.

Doesn't make him worth the trouble.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 05:11 AM

Riiight...him causing trouble 2 years later. Gotcha.

Going to the Superbowl may not be worth the trouble I guess.

j2k4
04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Riiight...him causing trouble 2 years later. Gotcha.

Going to the Superbowl may not be worth the trouble I guess.

We think differently, I guess.

He didn't like 'Frisco?

He's out of there.

He didn't like Philly?

He's out of there, too,

He had years of unrealized "potential" in San Fran, he finally gets his shit together, and now he's unbearable for longer than a year or so.

Not my kind of player.

manker
04-01-2006, 03:42 PM
What I'm getting from this thread is that Busyman is a 'win at all costs' type of guy whereas j2 is more reticent in that he appreciates the path one uses to reach the summit.

In the UK, j2 would be an Arsenal fan and Busyman would support Chelsea.

j2k4
04-01-2006, 03:55 PM
What I'm getting from this thread is that Busyman is a 'win at all costs' type of guy whereas j2 is more reticent in that he appreciates the path one uses to reach the summit.

Great.

Send me a jersey and a fat contract.

I'm most agreeable, you'll find.

BTW-so that I might further appreciate my status, could you recount for us here the respective lineups vis a vis our board members?

I'd like to know who I'm standing with...:)

manker
04-01-2006, 04:08 PM

Great.

BTW-so that I might further appreciate my status, could you recount for us here the respective lineups vis a vis our board members?

I'd like to know who I'm standing with...:)Hmm, I'm not sure I can do that but you might like to know that DarthInsinuate (recently, DorisInsinuite) is, and always has been so far as I can ascertain, an Arsenal fan, whereas DanB and Peerzy are both Chelsea fans. Both of whom supported different teams in the not so distant past.

Dan definitely used to support Wimbledon and I think Peerzy said something about only supporting Chelsea in the past few years (coincidently after they were bought by a Russian billionaire - who then proceded to buy them the Premier League).

JPaul
04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
The rangers fans affiliate themselves with Chelsea and vice versa.

T'Hoops associate themselves with manutd and Liv'pool. Which is odd as the mankers and the scousers hate each other.

manker
04-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I've got a hat with Man Utd on the one side, and Celtic on t'other. I used to have a scarf with the same theme.

Never understood the connection altho' I understand the affiliation has been there for over half a century. Unlike the johnny-come-lately scousers who have only been associated with Celtic since the signings of messrs Dalgleish and Hansen :dry:

j2k4
04-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Great.

I'd like to know who I'm standing with...:)Hmm, I'm not sure I can do that but you might like to know that DarthInsinuate (recently, DorisInsinuite) is, and always has been so far as I can ascertain, an Arsenal fan, whereas DanB and Peerzy are both Chelsea fans. Both of whom supported different teams in the not so distant past.

Dan definitely used to support Wimbledon and I think Peerzy said something about only supporting Chelsea in the past few years (coincidently after they were bought by a Russian billionaire - who then proceded to buy them the Premier League).

Well, then-

Arsenal it is.

Been a fan all me loife.

You know it's true. :)

JPaul
04-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Unlike the johnny-come-lately scousers who have only been associated with Celtic since the signings of messrs Dalgleish and Hansen :dry:
V Poor.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM

Well no. I'd weigh the commotion a player may 'cause against his talent.

Different personalities are a part of life. It would sound like j2 rather have a player of TO's talent out of the league. j2 rather have perfect citizens.

That ain't realistic. Asshole players are a dime a dozen.

Personally, I hate that he's going to the Cowboys. The move makes a division rival better...not worse. This move sure doesn't help the Redskins.:unsure:

manker
04-01-2006, 05:31 PM

Different personalities are a part of life. It would sound like j2 rather have a player of TO's talent out of the league. j2 rather have perfect citizens.

Personally, I hate that he's going to the Cowboys. The move makes a division rival better...not worse. This move sure doesn't help the Redskins.:unsure:It would have saved time if you'd just posted the :whoosh: smiley.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 05:42 PM

Personally, I hate that he's going to the Cowboys. The move makes a division rival better...not worse. This move sure doesn't help the Redskins.:unsure:It would have saved time if you'd just posted the :whoosh: smiley.
True dat.

j2k4
04-01-2006, 05:43 PM

As usual, you misapprehend.

It is the liberal contingent (such as yourself) who believe either that humans are perfectable, or, given their imperfections, that these be overlooked.

I believe detrimental imperfection ought to be re-assigned, rehabilitated or punished.

You might look upon this post as a "crack" for your otherwise misbegotten program.

Just drag and drop, Busyman.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 05:47 PM

It is the liberal contingent (such as yourself) who believe either that humans are perfectable, or, given their imperfections, that these be overlooked.

No it isn't.

I believe detrimental imperfection ought to be re-assigned, rehabilitated or punished.

See below.

You might look upon this post as a "crack" for your otherwise misbegotten program.

Wtf are you talking about?

Just drag and drop, Busyman. Wtf are you talking about?
He got punished in Philly. His behavior lost him his bonus (I think 5 mil).

What would your remedy had been...suspended for 5 years for not getting along?:ermm: He did his job on the field and had a big mouth off of it.

Also what do think of the rule about no end zone celebrations?

j2k4
04-01-2006, 06:18 PM

No it isn't.

See below.

Wtf are you talking about?

Just drag and drop, Busyman. Wtf are you talking about?

What would your remedy had been...suspended for 5 years for not getting along?:ermm: He did his job on the field and had a big mouth off of it.

I think he was supremely stupid in his handling of the situation in Philly; he was warned at every juncture of the implications and ramifications of his actions, including possible forfeiture of his bonus, yet he persisted.

It's like if someone offers you a beer, and, when you say no, thanks, pissing and moaning when you aren't handed a beer.

He was so enamored of his "principles", he overlooked that others might feel the same about their own.

In any case, he's right; someone will always want him...until no one wants him anymore.

One can't help but recall Jeff George.

End zone celebrations are like commercials; every hundredth one of them is entertaining.

Such attention-seeking behavior is no-class.

I don't care for them, but in the larger scheme, the touchdown has been made, and I'm off to the fridge for a cold one, or to the bathroom for a piss.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM

I think he was supremely stupid in his handling of the situation in Philly; he was warned at every juncture of the implications and ramifications of his actions, including possible forfeiture of his bonus, yet he persisted.

It's like if someone offers you a beer, and, when you say no, thanks, pissing and moaning when you aren't handed a beer.

He was so enamored of his "principles", he overlooked that others might feel the same about their own.

In any case, he's right; someone will always want him...until no one wants him anymore.

End zone celebrations are like commercials; every hundredth one of them is entertaining.

I don't care for them, but in the larger scheme, the touchdown has been made, and I'm off to the fridge for a cold one, or to the bathroom for a piss.
I think they cool.....most of them.

Ones like Randy Moss fake mooning the crowd are of no taste. I think it's ridiculous to say a player can't dance or twirl a ball in the end zone. Most of them are not disrespectful in any way.

In fact I think it's the biggest bullshit since the time when they had instant replay and didn't use it.

Oh and that's bullshit. Right after a touchdown you are still right there in your La-Z-Boy...everyone stays for the instant replay of a score...even if it's the opposing team.:whistling

j2k4
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM

Ones like Randy Moss fake mooning the crowd are of no taste. I think it's ridiculous to say a player can't dance or twirl a ball in the end zone. Most of them are not disrespectful in any way.

In fact I think it's the biggest bullshit since the time when they had instant replay and didn't use it.

Oh and that's bullshit. Right after a touchdown you are still right there in your La-Z-Boy...everyone stays for the instant replay of a score...even if it's the opposing team.:whistling

You've chosen (for once) to ignore my reference to T.O.

I take it then that you submit to my superior reasoning and proper conclusion.

As to that last, you are quite wrong.

I don't care for a replay of what I just saw, and if it's warranted, they're gonna play it some more after the break, anyway.

Occasionally I've come back after the break only to discover someone's missed the PAT.

Busyman™
04-01-2006, 07:38 PM

No. They went to the Superbowl. What trouble he caused was public record. TO is an asshole. So is Keyshawn. Those aren't new to football or any sport for that matter. You haven't posted a revelation.

I don't care for a replay of what I just saw, and if it's warranted, they're gonna play it some more after the break, anyway.

Occasionally I've come back after the break only to discover someone's missed the PAT.
Hmm, that's weird....

First off, PATs are rarely missed.

Also I wasn't talking about a break. I was talking about a TD. Everyone I know waits to see if there was controversy regarding the TD or simply see the great play again. It's very weird that you would, as soon as the TD is scored, just up and hit the pisser right after the ref raises his hands.

I mean RIGHT after the TD is scored, the player might do a dance or high-five a teammate. I wonder would high-fives be cool. It sure is a celebration. The replay is immediately after that. You must drink alota beer, speedy.

j2k4
04-01-2006, 10:42 PM

No. They went to the Superbowl. What trouble he caused was public record. TO is an asshole. So is Keyshawn. Those aren't new to football or any sport for that matter. You haven't posted a revelation.

Hmm, that's weird....

Also I wasn't talking about a break. I was talking about a TD. Everyone I know waits to see if there was controversy regarding the TD or simply see the great play again. It's very weird that you would, as soon as the TD is scored, just up and hit the pisser right after the ref raises his hands.

I mean RIGHT after the TD is scored, the player might do a dance or high-five a teammate. I wonder would high-fives be cool. It sure is a celebration. The replay is immediately after that. You must drink alota beer, speedy.

I wasn't trying to be relevatory; neither was I trying overly-hard to rehabilitate T.O.'s value, as you seem to be doing.

As to assholes, you are right on that score; I've had mine for years.

Actually, I don't drink beer while watching football; I lied.

The point is that my eyes have other things to do, and points are not (yet) awarded for end zone celebrations.

I high-five or a spike is fine, but T.O. with a Sharpie?

T.O. streaking to midfield to lay the ball on Dallas's helmet?

Daunte Culpepper doing his klutzy fat-man dance?

The asshole with the cellphone?

I can't even stand the Packers jumping into the stands.

It's all tomfoolery.

Bring Back Barry!

Class-fact.

Busyman™
04-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Hmm, that's weird....

I wasn't trying to be relevatory; neither was I trying overly-hard to rehabilitate T.O.'s value, as you seem to be doing.

As to assholes, you are right on that score; I've had mine for years.

TMI.:unsure:

Actually, I don't drink beer while watching football; I lied.

The point is that my eyes have other things to do, and points are not (yet) awarded for end zone celebrations.

I high-five or a spike is fine, but T.O. with a Sharpie?

T.O. streaking to midfield to lay the ball on Dallas's helmet?

Daunte Culpepper doing his klutzy fat-man dance?

The asshole with the cellphone?

I can't even stand the Packers jumping into the stands.

It's all tomfoolery.

Bring Back Barry!

Class-fact.
I have to agree that some of those you mentioned were shit celebrations. However, the multitude of end zone celebrations are not that bad whatsoever.

A player dancing in the end zone is nothing to penalize a team for. A player jumping up to hug the fans isn't bad either. I'm sure the fans like it.

Oh and regarding your beer piss...I figured you were lying.

I don't need to rehabilitate TO's value. He plays football extremely well. I think he's a loud mouth shit person. So is Ron Artest in basketball (now of Sacremento) Keyshawn Johnson, and Shawn Taylor of the Redskins.

A player shouldn't call his teammates out in public..you know like Peyton Manning did when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh.

j2k4
04-02-2006, 05:18 AM
A player shouldn't call his teammates out in public..you know like Peyton Manning did when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh.

Yeah.

That was cheesy, and I think much less of him for that.