PDA

View Full Version : Guy Stuff

JPaul
03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
http://classicsunbeam.free.fr/tiger/moteur%20V8.jpg

j2k4
03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Yes, a small-block Ford, which, if I recall correctly, occupied the engine bay of your Sunbeam Tiger in 221 and 260cid displacements during the sixties, and currently offered in 302cid (5.0 liter) for retro- and kit/reproduction use.

I have one of those.

manker
03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Is that a close up of a Borg ocular implant :blink:

manker
03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, a small-block Ford, which, if I recall correctly, occupied the engine bay of your Sunbeam Tiger in 221 and 260cid displacements during the sixties, and currently offered in 302cid (5.0 liter) for retro- and kit/reproduction use.

I have one of those.I have no idea what that means, however thanks for the input.

JPaul
03-19-2006, 09:41 PM

I have one of those.I have no idea what that means, however thanks for the input.
:lol: :earl:

Plagiarist :angry:

j2k4
03-19-2006, 09:43 PM

It's a guy thing; likely beyond you. :P

Nah-I used to build them, that's all.

I do have one of them, though.

Makes about 450 HP.

j2k4
03-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I have no idea what that means, however thanks for the input.
:lol: :earl:

Plagiarist :angry:

I like to think of myself as an enabler. :)

manker
03-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Sport aside, I'm not too good with traditional guy things - I like to think I'm one of those progressive new age men types.

However, I'm just pish at stuff that doesn't interest me. I don't think it's important how a shelf is put up, it's just up. Also, my AA membership has got me out of many a flat tyre situation over the years :smilie4:

Guillaume
03-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Sport aside, I'm not too good with traditional guy things - I like to think I'm one of those progressive new age men types.

However, I'm just pish at stuff that doesn't interest me. I don't think it's important how a shelf is put up, it's just up. Also, my AA membership has got me out of many a flat tyre situation over the years :smilie4:
You're one of the crab people. :dry:

JPaul
03-19-2006, 09:52 PM

Makes about 450 HP.
How many torques has it got.

JPaul
03-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I like to think I'm one of those progressive new age men types.

Just write Gaylord. It saves a lot of words.

manker
03-19-2006, 09:54 PM

You're one of the crab people. :dry:

Really :unsure:

manker
03-19-2006, 09:56 PM
I like to think I'm one of those progressive new age men types.

Just write Gaylord. It saves a lot of words.I like to think I'm a gaylord, however, it's just that I'm pish with stuff that doesn't interest me.

I duno, writing the sentence that way lacks panache :dabs:

JPaul
03-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Just write Gaylord. It saves a lot of words.I like to think I'm a gaylord, however, it's just that I'm pish with stuff that doesn't interest me.

It works surprisingly well, actualement.

enoughfakefiles
03-19-2006, 10:01 PM

Th AA are good at getting people out of situations like this one. There a site worker at my place of work who's spent mega amounts of money on his triumph spitfire :unsure:

It had a triumph T4 engine in it with an electric fuel injection sytem on to keep up with the petrol usage. He decides he wants to put some fancy carbs on the car so he does, but when he try's to get the car going it wont start. He rings up the AA chaps and tells them it just wouldn't start when he came to it in the morning.

The nice AA man took a quick look at it and told him to get in it while he pushed him down the hill to bump start it, cause all he had done was flooded the engine so it wouldn't start :lol:

/edit guy stuff.

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tv2/movies/wl528_snatch_d.jpg

manker
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I think effy just wants me to post the recently plagurised 'I have no idea what that means, however thanks for the input.' line again :smilie4:

JPaul
03-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I think effy just wants me to post the recently plagurised 'I have no idea what that means, however thanks for the input.' line again :smilie4:
It's actually a V Poor rod. Cars with electronic fuel injection don't have carburators.

Only a n00b would fall for that one.

j2k4
03-19-2006, 11:05 PM

Makes about 450 HP.

About 325 ft.lbs.

I have it cammed for a fairly light car.

j2k4
03-19-2006, 11:10 PM

Such a lack leads you to mistakes of the chrome waste bin variety.

Having hobbies thus allows you solitary activities to tide you past those days when no one can abide you on a bar-stool.

Strictly a matter of self-sufficiency.

JPaul
03-19-2006, 11:12 PM

About 325 ft.lbs.

Not the remotest clue what that means, but jings it makes me feel quite masculine just reading it.

Gripper
03-19-2006, 11:15 PM

About 325 ft.lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/brum_splash-big-2.gif
:P

j2k4
03-19-2006, 11:20 PM
About 325 ft.lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/brum_splash-big-2.gif
:P

:lol:

BRUM, BRUM!

:lol:

Barbarossa
03-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Also, my AA membership has got me out of many a flat tyre situation over the years :smilie4:

Alcoholics quite often have hidden talents :smilie4:

JPaul
03-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Also, my AA membership has got me out of many a flat tyre situation over the years :smilie4:

Alcoholics quite often have hidden talents :smilie4:
No, he's a smackhead. I'm an alcoholic.