PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, Comcast increased my upload speed1!!!

Formula1
03-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I just realized today that my upload speed has increased dramatically from the standard 45kb to around 96kb, holyshit im so excited.

All those people who have comcast regular service should check their connection.

w00t, i now have 6mbps/768kbps :D :D . Bittorrent here i come :D

edit: comcast once sent a feedback asking if i was planning on changing service, and i said maybe. Then they asked why, i said that they should increase their upload speed. :D Take that verizon assholes :P :P

and i need to change my router or else...

suprafreak6
03-19-2006, 11:16 PM
yes i have noticed and i have comcast also, it is great

Busyman
03-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I just realized today that my upload speed has increased dramatically from the standard 45kb to around 96kb, holyshit im so excited.

All those people who have comcast regular service should check their connection.

w00t, i now have 6mbps/768kbps :D :D . Bittorrent here i come :D

edit: comcast once sent a feedback asking if i was planning on changing service, and i said maybe. Then they asked why, i said that they should increase their upload speed. :D Take that verizon assholes :P :P

and i need to change my router or else...
All you probably had to do in the first place was ask.

Also, once Verizon's FIOS hits my area, it will blow Comcast outta the water.

When I was changing my tivo box out at the Comcast service center there were 2 people returning their cable modems 'cause they got FIOS.

Comcast's fucking prices are too high and there are so many customers that will jump at the chance to get their internet and TV from Verizon.

Formula1
03-20-2006, 12:09 AM
the main reason alot of people use comcast is because they dont have to sign a fucking contract like verizon does. And proportionally, it's a better deal.

2x faster download speed + actually helpful technical support = much worth the money. Im pretty sure comcast will find a way to overcome FIOS..

Busyman
03-20-2006, 12:59 AM
the main reason alot of people use comcast is because they dont have to sign a fucking contract like verizon does. And proportionally, it's a better deal.

2x faster download speed + actually helpful technical support = much worth the money. Im pretty sure comcast will find a way to overcome FIOS..
I'm with Comcast 'cause they gave me the same price that Verizon DSL is and it's slightly faster. Everyone also gets a discount when having cable TV with internet.

However, I'd want FIOS 'cause it's way cheaper, faster, and runs over fiber. Even for TV, the bandwidth kicks Comcast in the teeth.

Comcast DOES NOT have answer for FIOS. Just like they didn't hae answer for DirectTV/Dish Network.

FIOS internet IS going to take tons of their customers away unless they do a nice price cut and FIOS TV will absolutely take away many of their TV customers. Customers are pissed that their cable bills have risen well past inflation since deregulation.

While Comcast has to be careful about their HD offerings bandwidth wise (and number of SD channels), Verizon can't add HD and SD channels willy nilly because of less bandwidth restrictions.

30Gbps internet with Comcast...not even an option. It is with FIOS.

Comcast would have to start running fiber themselves which I haven't seen a hint of them doing.

Damnatory
03-20-2006, 07:55 AM
All you probably had to do in the first place was ask.
I wonder if RoadRunner would do that? 40kB/s is simply not fast enough for playing online games. I get owned unless I'm hosting, which is only because they are moving as slow as I am...

I never understood why RoadRunner has such high speed downloading, but CRAP upload speeds. 5mbit connection = 600kB/s down, and 40kB/s Up, wtf?

asmithz
03-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I was noticing my speed was 200kb/s more :) Now i am at 800kb/s. Been that way since comcast came and fixed everything.

Formula1
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
asmithz, do you pay for the addtionall 10$ fee, to get faster internet?

asmithz
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
asmithz, do you pay for the addtionall 10$ fee, to get faster internet?

I'm not sure, I just moved into this house, and its not my account. If not, I am gonna pay to increase the speed.

eMinor7
03-23-2006, 03:17 PM
dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-03-23 10:12:26 EST:
1629 / 68
Your download speed : 1629 kbps or 203.6 KB/sec.
That is 64.2% worse than an average user on comcast.net

Your upload speed : 68 kbps or 8.5 KB/sec.
That is 82.6% worse than an average user on comcast.net

That was my speed test and I have normal comcast internet. Why is it so bad? Is there anything I can do. btw I upload at about 35kb/s so maybe the test was faulty, I'll do another one.

EDIT: lol I had uTorrent running with 2 dl's goin when I did the first test. I did it again and my upload speed is 43kb/s dl speed is 709kb/s