PDA

View Full Version : Think this MP3 player is worth getting???

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 05:36 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855102209

It is $378 I really like it but it's very pricey do you think this is worth it's money? I don't like the Ipod but this seems to be better imo.

natedogg
03-21-2006, 05:38 AM
i'd say get it :D

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 05:42 AM
It looks awsome I think it might be worth it but I need a few more comments from other people here

captain_azad
03-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Nee, stay away from the Creative Zen. I'm not too familiar with the Vision model, but the Creative Zen PMC that I had (20gb) was nothing but trouble, RMA'd it twice (counting next one), im sending it off again (2nd time) to get the hdd fixed. I'm selling it when I get it back on ebay, its too much of a hassle. Trust me dude, the only people that really use those kind of things are tv episode whores that like to watch eps when doing work or w/e. It is very impracticle for everyday use for average people, learned it the hard way.

But your choice, get it, but trust me, you'll get what you paid for in the end, once again, only get it if you're really that type of person that loves to watch tv shows on that thing.

P.S. don't run with that thing, nothign but trouble.

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 06:43 AM
I like it because I can put movies on to it and just watch it right on my tv. I love the look of it too. Since you don't like this what would you recomend? $500 is my max

Edit: I like this but is this going to be too big to just carry around my pocket? I just want an Mp3 player that can do all of the above that 378$ thing can do.

captain_azad
03-21-2006, 07:17 AM
I like it because I can put movies on to it and just watch it right on my tv. I love the look of it too. Since you don't like this what would you recomend? $500 is my max

Edit: I like this but is this going to be too big to just carry around my pocket? I just want an Mp3 player that can do all of the above that 378$ thing can do.

If you want a PORTABLE MEDIA PLAYER, not an mp3 player (since you said mp3 player that can do all of the above...last time i checked mp3's were not video), then go ahead and get it.

It's a biatch to carry around, it becomes more of a hassle then you think. At first, its uber sweet and all your friends are gonna be impressed or w/e, give it a week and I know for a fact you'll start having regrets (if not many, at least some).

If you really really want to carry around a device that can play video then go for it dude, it fits the bill for that. But if you want a nice mp3 player this is not for you, in so so many ways.

Hell, you should consider Ipod Video 30gb, almost same price (or is it cheaper), way smaller, and lighter too, catch is screen is ridiculously small.

Either way, there are pros and cons, don't rush into buying something this expensive (which I regret very much) without giving it heavy consideration.

Once again, if you love to watch movies (quality = horbs, the compression that it uses is straight through Windows Media Player, it synchs with it, so you can imagine the power of the codec used..uber gay) and listen to music, while not minding too much about the size of the thing, then it's perfect for your needs.

If the above paragraph doesnt apply to you, then get something else and save like 250 bucks.

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
If it's smaller then the psp I may get it if I hear any more bad reviews I MIGHT go with a ipod

Busyman
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
For an mp3 player I'd go with the Creative Zen Micro.

I'd never get an iPod.

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Just my luck I was going to buy it and it had to be TAKEN off the list of newegg I hope there are other sites that have it

Skiz
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
$400 mp3 player? Get real.

Surely you have something better to spend your money on. How about some pussy a lady?

imasoldier
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't need to buy women sorry that comes in free. Also I have the money so I can do what I wish with it. I found it on zipzoomfly.com going to get it.

GepperRankins
03-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Nee, stay away from the Creative Zen. I'm not too familiar with the Vision model, but the Creative Zen PMC that I had (20gb) was nothing but trouble, RMA'd it twice (counting next one), im sending it off again (2nd time) to get the hdd fixed. I'm selling it when I get it back on ebay, its too much of a hassle. Trust me dude, the only people that really use those kind of things are tv episode whores that like to watch eps when doing work or w/e. It is very impracticle for everyday use for average people, learned it the hard way.

But your choice, get it, but trust me, you'll get what you paid for in the end, once again, only get it if you're really that type of person that loves to watch tv shows on that thing.

you serious? i've never heard of an mp3 player breaking like that.

i run with my cheapo acer one all the time. dropped it a good few times too. i find it hard to believe after all the years of laptops and stuff that creative can make a media player with a HDD that breaks when moved :dabs:

captain_azad
03-21-2006, 10:56 PM

you serious? i've never heard of an mp3 player breaking like that.

i run with my cheapo acer one all the time. dropped it a good few times too. i find it hard to believe after all the years of laptops and stuff that creative can make a media player with a HDD that breaks when moved :dabs:

you're telling me, have a look around the creative forums and you'll be surprised. Maybe it's just the PMC they messed up on (portable media center/player). Either way, I'm not buying anything from Creative, or at least no MP3 players any time soon. The 2nd time it broke (now), all I did was put it in my pocket (bitch and a half if you dont have big pockets) and went outside for a walk, that's not a run, a freakin walk. It was cold, maybe that contributed to it...but it was like 5degrees celcius and the freaking thing was inside my sweater pocket....and ya, it just poof broke.

Basically it stopped playing (i was listening to music), I pulled it out, flipped the cover and turned the screen on, it flashed, and then it displayed a picture (RMA it please).

Never again though.

@ Skizo, his money dude, if he wants to waste it, let him do so, his loss.

Peerzy
03-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Sony NW-A3000 Black

'Nuff Said.

captain_azad
03-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, and to think I was gonna buy a nano, jesus, my friend bought one YESTERDAY and it's already scracthed beyond belief.....it had a protective case (not the one that comes in the box, he bought a case for like 18 bucks) and on top of that it was the white version. Unbelievable.

I'm gonna mp3playerless for a bit, until something decent comes out.

That Sony doesnt look bad tho peerz, but 20gb = overkill.

imasoldier
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Well I bought it with an Overnight delivery. If anyone is interested I will give my review on it. I think it's well worth the money

Seedler
03-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Ah I have my 80GB Aigo mp3

I'll sell it to you if you want:P

natedogg
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Well any player will break if you drop it :dry:

Smith
03-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Do a google for the Creative Vision M, its Creatives answer to the Ipod Video. And it can do .avi and Divx :D

imasoldier
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Well I just got my Creative Zen 30gb Media Player and I have to say it's awsome its about a few inches smaller then the Psp. It can play Divx, Xvid, Avi, Mpeg. Pretty much any movie codec out there. The music quality is excelent. Its very lightweight. Also I did a little running with it "NO" skipping at all. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love how i can just put movies on to this thing then plug it into any tv and just watch it. Beats Ipod anyday