PDA

View Full Version : The Lounge

JPaul
03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
The Lounge is just spamworld now.

We used to discuss stuff, which would eventually just get more and more off topic until it was just general chat. Or alternatively threads would get cawkjacked.

Nowadays, whatever the topic is, folk just post spam, almost from the begining.

Guillaume
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Alright. Who are you and what have you done with JP? :dry:

JPaul
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM
As if to illustrate the point, he'll say it was a rod now.

DorisInsinuate
03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
It's because we don't have anything decent to talk about, and the bandwagoning is a bit more fun.

Barbarossa
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
JP is coming up with some fascinating topics! :)

JPaul
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
JP is coming up with some fascinating topics! :)
Thank you, I thought I might try having some discussion, in addition to the spamfests. Without getting precious about the whole thing. I love the spamfests as much as anyone, I think that's :captainobvious:.

GepperRankins
03-21-2006, 06:25 PM
the bandwaggoning is boring.

the whole picking sides thing is kind of suck. look at the juggernaut thread. the geppers shied away from posting for whatever reason, until cheese said it was a boring concept. he was wrong, but still people either backed him or tried to look neutral for fear of contradicting him.

then the phottshopped pics started. mang, that was some bullshit. the cartoon was funny, but you bitches decided through force of habit or whatever, that you had to contradict the americans who'd already posted. fagz :dry:

Proper Bo
03-21-2006, 06:28 PM

the whole picking sides thing is kind of suck. look at the juggernaut thread. the geppers shied away from posting for whatever reason, until cheese said it was a boring concept. he was wrong, but still people either backed him or tried to look neutral for fear of contradicting him.

then the phottshopped pics started. mang, that was some bullshit. the cartoon was funny, but you bitches decided through force of habit or whatever, that you had to contradict the americans who'd already posted. fagz :dry:

aids :no:

RealitY
03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Would be nice if there was some balance to the section...

:rod:

Gripper
03-21-2006, 06:30 PM
I thought the Juggernaught thread became very amusing with the photoshopped piccy's,the actual cartoon was boring after 5 mins

JPaul
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM

I think it's a bit unfair of you singling cheese out. Everyone chose to do whatever they did. To blame that on one person is to abrogate people's responsibilities for their own actions.

I must have a wee read at the thread and see how I went personally.

I do see your overall point tho'

manker
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Dave's made another schoolboy error.

I'd point it out but if he actually reads the thread and takes in the words this time, he'll see why Cheese's assertion that the cartoon was boring (the basis of his whole band-wagon premis) isn't all it seems :dabs:

Bitch!

JPaul
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM

I'd point it out but if he actually reads the thread and takes in the words this time, he'll see why Cheese's assertion that the cartoon was boring (the basis of his whole band-wagon premis) isn't all it seems :dabs:

Bitch!
Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.

Skillian
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I liked the Lounge when serious off-topic stuff was mixed in with the spammy threads. That changed in the run-up to the Iraq war.

So basically I blame Bush and Sadaam.

GepperRankins
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM

Bitch!
Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.
i don't understand the relevence of "mike nelson" :unsure:

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I liked the Lounge when serious off-topic stuff was mixed in with the spammy threads. That changed in the run-up to the Iraq war.

So basically I blame Bush and Sadaam.
That's fair.

I think people see it as "The Drawing Room is there for serious stuff".

However we used to also talk about less weighty matters in here, but pretty much stay on topic. There were also total spammy threads, in fact most threads ended up that way. Or like I said were cawkjacked.

Now it's "spam on" as soon as a thread is started.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
i don't understand the relevence of "mike nelson" :unsure:
Best ask the person who said it, mate. Mike Nelson himself, or manker alluding to the fact that you missed the point / relevance. I haven't a clue.

RealitY
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
However we used to also talk about less weighty matters in here, but pretty much stay on topic. There were also total spammy threads, in fact most threads ended up that way. Or like I said were cawkjacked.

Now it's "spam on" as soon as a thread is started.
Have to agree its a bit much and makes the section less atracive to the majority...

:norod:

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Hvae to agree its a bit much and makes the section less atracive to the majority...

I take it your referring to my last but one post, rather than my last one.

Skillian
03-21-2006, 07:08 PM
It's now either deep politics or spam. Semi-serious topics kinda lost their place somewhere along the line.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
It's now either deep politics or spam. Semi-serious topics kinda lost their place somewhere along the line.
That kind of sums it up.

EDIT - Do people think thats a good thing, bad thing, or not really worth bothering about.

I'd post a poll but I've had my 2 today.

RealitY
03-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Hvae to agree its a bit much and makes the section less abrasive to the majority...

I take it your referring to my last but one post, rather than my last one.
Edited and quoted to alleviate any confusion...

manker
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Bitch!
Cheese used his Mike Nelson account to say that talking over the top of cartoons is crap, Mike Nelson does MST3K which does similar stuff.

Cheese likes Mike Nelson, hence the account and the irony of using it to say that talking over the top of old cartoons is crap.

I got it because I downloaded a few MST3k episodes (on Cheese's recommendation a year or so ago - I thought they were meh, but that's not important right now). I was the first to post a pic because I fancied dredging up the old bandwagon (of which The is a fully paid up member) that Busyman looks like Carlton Banks.

So, yeah, Dave was a confused noob. Again, bitch!

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Cheese used his Mike Nelson account to say that talking over the top of cartoons is crap, Mike Nelson does MST3K which does similar stuff.

Cheese likes Mike Nelson, hence the account and the irony of using it to say that talking over the top of old cartoons is crap.

I got it because I downloaded a few MST3k episodes (on Cheese's recommendation a year or so ago - I thought they were meh, but that's not important right now). I was the first to post a pic because I fancied dredging up the old bandwagon (of which The is a fully paid up member) that Busyman looks like Carlton Banks.

I didn't get any of the references there at all. Which is probably why I didn't really join in. Other than later on when it had really become a phoatie posting thread.

GepperRankins
03-21-2006, 07:20 PM

/implodes

manker
03-21-2006, 07:23 PM

I didn't get any of the references there at all. Which is probably why I didn't really join in. Other than later on when it had really become a phoatie posting thread.At least you didn't accuse everyone of behaving in a sheep-like manner.

I mean, when I don't understand what the big boys are talking about, I generally don't comment because making naive assertions is rather foolhardy.

Mind, that only ever happened to me a few times - when there were those threads on needlepoint and fancy crochet patterns.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I didn't get any of the references there at all. Which is probably why I didn't really join in. Other than later on when it had really become a phoatie posting thread.At least you didn't accuse everyone of behaving in a sheep-like manner.

I just don't accept that there are cliques. I give you more pelters than practically anyone else here. The difference is how you respond to them. Likewise you rod me and rip the pish out of me more than most other people. I take it as fun.

If people found the way cheese turned the thread round funny, then joined in, they are not behaving like sheep. They are reacting to something they find funny and joining in with it. There was no "only certain people can now post pics" warning. It was, as it always is, a free for all.

peat moss
03-22-2006, 06:01 AM
The beauty and also irony of the lounge is how quickly a thread gets buried .
Its funny one minute and lost in all the other witty threads the next . Thats kinnda what always drew me here . I could post what I thought was a goofy reponce, got a few chuckles then never to be seen again .

The pic reponces are the best tho, a picture is worth than a thousand words ?

Cheese
03-22-2006, 06:32 AM
The pic reponces are the best tho, a picture is worth than a thousand words ?
That depends. Are we talking Canadian or American words?

On-topic: The juggernaut video was ok, as I was using my Mike Nelson account at the time it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. To me, my post was like one of those obscure pop culture references you get in Family Guy. They're freakin' hilarious, bitch!

Mr. Mulder
03-22-2006, 08:56 AM
the cartewn was a bit boring though' :dabs:

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 10:23 AM
I thought it was amusing to post pictures with famous lines in films followed by the word "BITCH!". I didn't know joining in would be frowned upon. :ermm:

The cart00n was well boring without sound :dabs:

Cheese
03-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Next week all my posts will be links to audio files of me speaking my posts so that Barbie will never know what I am saying.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Next week all my posts will be links to audio files of me speaking my posts so that Barbie will never know what I am saying.

I'll have to learn how to lip-read. :dabs: