PDA

View Full Version : @ Lurkers

JPaul
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Post something, join in, or start a thread.

What's the worst that can happen, it's only the interweb and people are genuinely just having a laugh. None of it is serious.

Unless it's a serious thread, even then it's only semi-serious.

Virtualbody1234
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
No thanks.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
No thanks.
Fair enough, no problem either way.

manker
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
No thanks.Good.

There are enough lady-boys with low self-esteem posting as it is.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
No thanks.Good.

He'll take that as a deeply offensive insult and report you.

Seriously people, what's the point of just lurking. Join in and if you don't like someone's posts then just put them on ignore. Or don't join in with threads that they are posting in.

Why should you not post here and join in, simply because you don't like how someone else posts, including me. Life's too short to sit reading the pish other people post. Post some pish of your own.

manker
03-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Good.

He'll take that as a deeply offensive insult and report you.Yeah, probably.

I like your thread tho', JP, it has a nice sentiment behind it.

I saw no reason at all for the "no thanks" post from a so called 'Forum Star'.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 09:36 PM
He'll take that as a deeply offensive insult and report you.Yeah, probably.

I like your thread tho', JP, it has a nice sentiment behind it.

I saw no reason at all for the "no thanks" post from a so called 'Forum Star'.
It wasn't entirely unexpected, mate. Personal vendettas are more to be laughed at than to take offence from.

I just hope it doesn't stop other people joining in. I would prefer that they had a go at joining in, then made a judgement based on their own experiences.

NikkiD
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Most of the time, I admit, I lurk. This is not because I'm afraid to post anything, but for a variety of different reasons. Sometimes it's simply because I don't have anything interesting to add to - or detract from, as the case may be - the conversation. I also generally pop online in the mornings before work, when I don't have time to read replies, or from work, where I get distracted frequently. When I get home from work, I'm generally also distracted by other things :naughty: so I don't post as much as I once did. At the moment, "other things" is doing the dishes, so I thought I'd post some.

JPaul
03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Most of the time, I admit, I lurk. This is not because I'm afraid to post anything, but for a variety of different reasons. Sometimes it's simply because I don't have anything interesting to add to - or detract from, as the case may be - the conversation. I also generally pop online in the mornings before work, when I don't have time to read replies, or from work, where I get distracted frequently. When I get home from work, I'm generally also distracted by other things :naughty: so I don't post as much as I once did. At the moment, "other things" is doing the dishes, so I thought I'd post some.
I'm not suggesting that lurking is wrong, to each their own. Just that people may get more out of things if they were to actually join in.

It's sort of like, why go to a dance, then sit at a table all night watching everyone else.

Sometimes it's fun to get up and dance, even if you do look a bit silly.

NikkiD
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm not suggesting that lurking is wrong, to each their own. Just that people may get more out of things if they were to actually join in.

It's sort of like, why go to a dance, then sit at a table all night watching everyone else.

Sometimes it's fun to get up and dance, even if you do look a bit silly.

I agree completely, however, I never look silly when dancing. :snooty:

manker
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I think if you sit down and watch any one person dancing for longer than a few seconds, they look kinda silly :dabs:

JPaul
03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I think if you sit down and watch any one person dancing for longer than a few seconds, they look kinda silly :dabs:
I certainly do.

However in my head I'm The Dancing Queen.

Damnatory
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm The Dancing Queen.
Selective quoting ftw!

brotherdoobie
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM

Rhythm-tard?

Peace bd

JPaul
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm The Dancing Queen.
Selective quoting ftw!
You don't really have to selective quote that, mate. It works just as well if you quote the whole thing.

Better if anything.

DorisInsinuate
03-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Just had a thought. Maybe there's so many lurkers because they're trying to find the Hello, Noobs thread.

Guillaume
03-22-2006, 12:22 AM
FFS, where have you been for the past two weeks? They're all afraid of JP, Cheese and their gang of bullies.

fkdup74
03-22-2006, 12:40 AM
FFS, where have you been for the past two weeks? They're all afraid of JP, Cheese and their gang of bullies.

Dude, get over it.

ahctlucabbuS
03-22-2006, 12:43 AM

Quoted for truth, apart from the "dishes" part. :snooty:

I'm not online much these days anyway, so I don't even have the opportunity to lurk. My last thread were titled "fuck you all so very much", which I thought was a nice way to leave things....

:D

RealitY
03-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Just had a thought. Maybe there's so many lurkers because they're trying to find the Hello, Noobs thread.
They already know where that is though maybe the Lounge is hidden from them...

:unsure: :O

twisterX
03-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Well that plan didn't work. I see no noobs

RealitY
03-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Well that plan didn't work. I see no noobs
Theyre everywhere your just not paying tenshun...

DorisInsinuate
03-22-2006, 10:18 AM

Is the noob thread actually hidden then?

Because then they're probably posting in it, and waiting for a reply.

Guillaume
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM

Is the noob thread actually hidden then?
You can see it if you log out.

Reminds me of the olden days.

Also reminds me of why the guest room was suppressed, but who am I to question the high and mighty admins' decisions? :flamehide

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Hello <me>,
Our records indicate you have never posted to our site! Make your first post today by saying hello to our community in the New Member Welcome thread!

:blink:

N00bs, the community can't read your greetings, we're not deliberately ignoring them, honest! :frusty:

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 10:42 AM
omg! There's like a whole sub-forum within the forum, called "Guests and n00bs"

:o :glag:

Is it like nursery school? Moderators can post, presumably to teach the n00bs what to do so they don't get bullied when they move up to the "Big Forum" :schnauz:

DorisInsinuate
03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Oh dear god.

It looks like a concentration camp in there. Segregation to the max.

Racists.

Carcinus
03-22-2006, 10:59 AM
As long as they graduate to the rest of the Forum and don't remain in there I don't see a problem with gaining a bit of confidence before emerging into the big harsh world. Because it's obvious that many people have been around for ages and developed their own individual and group dynamics, it can be intimidating to new members.

However if they remain in the new members section discussing things amongst themselves it will defeat the purpose of a new members section, and create a pointless and isolated subforum.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Presumably, once they've made a certain number of posts and become a full member, then they can't get back into that section.

Bummer if the last post they make there is a critically important question of the highest import! :lol:

Carcinus
03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Presumably, once they've made a certain number of posts and become a full member, then they can't get back into that section.

Bummer if the last post they make there is a critically important question of the highest import! :lol:

Maybe it's after the thirty day period. I can still get into the new members thread and apparently don't get any stars until I've been here for thirty days. What a great incentive to stay. :ermm: :lol:

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 11:17 AM
n00bs Members Posters and FST Crew

n00b - Your title will be set as a n00b when you you first signup.
(you can access the Arcade and all sections of the board though posting in some are restricted)
Member - Your title will change to Member once you have 5 posts and been at FST for 30 days.
(can post in the BitTtorrent Invites Section and will have an increased PM capacity of 50 messages)
Posters - Your title will change to member once you have 100 posts and been at FST for 60 days)
(can create Polls in any section and will have an increased PM capacity of 75 messages)
FST Crew - These positions are chosen based on criteria within certain forums such as posting News regularly.
(set as forum moderators and will have an increased PM capacity of 100 messages)

Yes, yes I think you're right. :)

enoughfakefiles
03-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Meh... i was winning with the most spam in that thread :pinch:

Tempestv
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
just looked at the user list- out of 114678 registered users, 93193 have never posted a single post- what is the point of registering if you aren't going to post?
over 80% of the registered users went through the hassle of registering, yet has never posted. can't you read the posts with out registering? why go through the hassle of joining? are there any areas that only members can see?

DanB
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
seems a rather foolish idea to me

RealitY
03-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh noessss...

Some register to see sections that you cant see the threads. As for the Guests And N00bs area was setup as a thought and then spawned into what it is though suprised want noticed earlier. Think manker was tinkering in the panel again. Think its time to clean it up. As for the stars that been set to be by postcount again rather than time.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 05:48 PM
6 stars? :w00t:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3875/untitled1ju.jpg

cool? :ermm:

RealitY
03-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh ffs...

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Make the "5000 post" ghey bluey ones silver and all will be forgiven :sly:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3039/member5k7nh.gif

RealitY
03-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Make a Poll of it and see what your comrads think...