PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bluetooth

Smith
03-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a Motorola V551 and it has Bluetooth capabilities. I was wondering if that means I can connect to another phone and transfer files back and forth, or does that only mean I can connect to one of those headset thingys?

Vamp
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM
The former.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Also, you can get a USB bluetooth dongle so you can connect your phone to your PC, and transfer files back and forth, synchronise addressbooks, etc, blah blah blah.

lynx
03-22-2006, 10:18 AM
The restriction is that you can only transfer files that your phone recognises.

For instance, I've got a Windows Smartphone which can use wma files for ringtones. A Motorola phone doesn't understand wma ringtones so it won't accept those files (but mp3 files are ok).

Smith
03-23-2006, 01:10 AM
The thing is I can put a ROKR besides my phone and they wont read each other. When I press find me it wont find the other phone.

Thats my problem :(

In the search menu it only says search for headset, does that mean it can only do headsets?

HCT
03-23-2006, 01:29 AM
The thing is I can put a ROKR besides my phone and they wont read each other. When I press find me it wont find the other phone.

In the search menu it only says search for headset, does that mean it can only do headsets?

yes

lynx
03-23-2006, 12:06 PM

In the search menu it only says search for headset, does that mean it can only do headsets?I should think that's extremely unlikely.

That menu is probably just for connecting headsets, so there won't be any other options. General bluetooth options are on a different menu, I've seen it on a friend's phone.

One problem with Motorola's implementation of bluetooth is that it seems to go to sleep (in order to save power) if left unused for a while. I believe that turning bluetooth off, then back on will re-activate it.