PDA

View Full Version : With all respect due...

j2k4
03-22-2006, 12:58 AM
...Mr. O'Reilly, He is an amateur.

I am far and away his superior in the fine art of bloviation.

I'm betting you'll all testify to this, if necessary.

As bad as he is, I'm much worse.

EDIT:

Btw:

This is a companion to the 'condescending' thread.

Skiz
03-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Viva la O'Reilly! :fist:

tantric
03-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Who?

100%
03-22-2006, 08:47 AM
respect cannot be demanded

JPaul
03-22-2006, 01:41 PM

I am far and away his superior in he fine art of bloviation.

EDIT:

Btw:

Sitting here, clueless. I suspect a cultural reference :whoosh:

vidcc
03-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Phone his radio show and say "Keith Olberman has your loofer"

what O'rielly thinks of europe (http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/audio/factor-20051207.mp3).... just so those that don't know him can get an idea.

j2k4
03-22-2006, 08:58 PM

I am far and away his superior in he fine art of bloviation.

EDIT:

Btw:

Sitting here, clueless. I suspect a cultural reference :whoosh:

Bill O'Reilly, of FOXNEWS fame.

He is Clocker's favorite.

Skiz
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
I prefer Laura Ingram. :naughty:

j2k4
03-22-2006, 09:06 PM

Well, you're not Clocker, are you?

You probably watch FOXNEWS for the babes, huh? :naughty:

Skillian
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM

what O'rielly thinks of europe (http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/audio/factor-20051207.mp3).... just so those that don't know him can get an idea.

Hah, that clip is hilarious.

What a numpty :D

Biggles
03-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Not the most insightful comment I have ever heard :)

Has he considered stand-up? :whistling

vidcc
03-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Not the most insightful comment I have ever heard
like most right wing pundits that call people who disagree with them on the war "cowards", he never served in the military.

Sometimes he does have a mental breakdown and makes an unbiased comment but basically the man has lost the sanity plot.
He has a habbit of saying things and then denying he said them....even though it's on tape and film.

He has a "call in" radio show and threatened a caller with the law because he mentioned keith olberman, the host of a tv "lighthearted news show" called countdown (nothing to do with the UK word show)

listen here (http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/audio/oreilly-20060303-threat.mp3)

It started after O'reilly set up a petition online to have olbermanns show cancelled (http://mediamatters.org/items/browse/200602240008)

Olbermann responded (http://mediamatters.org/items/200602270007) and people started phoning in to the O'rielly radio show.
All silly fun but the man on the soundbite actually did gat a call from "fox security"

In the run up to Xmas O'reilly had a campaign to boycott stores that said "happy holidays"...oddly enough on his own website he was selling "holiday" ornaments and not "christmas" ornaments.

He does sometimes champion the occasional worthwhile cause but mostly he comes across as either being senile or very very high on something:unsure: :P

JPaul
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Is it really j2.

We deserve to be told.

j2k4
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Is it really j2.

We deserve to be told.

It is not, Thank God.

JPaul
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Is it really j2.

We deserve to be told.

It is not, Thank God.
:lol::earl:

You would say that tho' :ph34r:

j2k4
03-22-2006, 11:37 PM
It is not, Thank God.
:lol::earl:

You would say that tho' :ph34r:

I am not a fan of his.

He is a small property.

vidcc
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I am not a fan of his.

He is a small property.

You own him :unsure:

j2k4
03-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I am not a fan of his.

He is a small property.

You own him :unsure:

After a fashion, absolutely. ;)

Skiz
03-23-2006, 02:37 AM

Well, you're not Clocker, are you?

You probably watch FOXNEWS for the babes, huh? :naughty:

Actually no. I don't even have cable as I don't want to waste $60/month on crap television. The only thing I watch is LOST and reruns of seinfeld and King of the Hill. I get my news via local news, newpaper, radio.

clocker
03-23-2006, 02:42 AM
j2>Bill O'Reilly any day.

Stephen Colbert trumps you both however.

Skiz
03-23-2006, 05:09 AM
Bill O'Reilly isn't all bad. He's just any other political columnist/journalist/talk show host, you have to weed through the commentators personal thoughts to get the actual story.

brotherdoobie
03-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Bill O'Reilly isn't all bad. He's just any other political columnist/journalist/talk show host, you have to weed through the commentators personal thoughts to get the actual story.

I prefer not to wade through such a mess.

Peace bd

Busyman
03-23-2006, 05:44 AM

Hmmm...I'll take Bill O'Reilly. He's at least profound so you know whether he's shit from the getgo.

Verbose round about talkers usually are that way to give the illusion of profundity when it's just the opposite.

On a side note, watch an American politician talk and the amount of 'uhhs' he puts in his speech. It's like they've been taught to insert 'uhh' as filler for not saying anything. Many times it's used in conjunction with the "not answering the asked".

Reporter: Do you think we should pull out of Iraq?

Politician: Well uhh I think that uhh we are uhh doing a uhh great job in uhh the fight in the war on uhh terror.

Reporter: Ok but uhh can you uhh answer uhh my uhh fucking uhh question?

Skiz
03-23-2006, 06:03 AM

Politician: Well uhh I think that uhh we are uhh doing a uhh great job in uhh the fight in the war on uhh terror.

So true.... :lol:

brotherdoobie
03-23-2006, 06:14 AM

Stephen Colbert trumps you both however. Hmmm...I'll take Bill O'Reilly. He's at least profound so you know whether he's shit from the getgo.

Verbose round about talkers usually are that way to give the illusion of profundity when it's just the opposite.

On a side note, watch an American politician talk and the amount of 'uhhs' he puts in his speech. It's like they've been taught to insert 'uhh' as filler for not saying anything. Many times it's used in conjunction with the "not answering the asked".

I see him as the exact opposite of profound.

Peace bd

Busyman
03-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Hmmm...I'll take Bill O'Reilly. He's at least profound so you know whether he's shit from the getgo.

I see him as the exact opposite of profound.

Peace bd
Ahh the irony in the use of that word.:rolleyes:

j2k4
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Yes, he's really quite good, especially given his use of cue cards. :)