PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Board Recommendations

jakert50
04-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Hello all,
Right now I am trying to set up a forum at my website (intrepidstudios.net). I currently have a forum set up, but I'm really not fond of it. I tried to download the Invision Power Board (the one used here) because I like this board very much. Unfortunately, I found out after uploading all the files that my web server doesn't support MySQL and PHP (at least, not with the current plan I am using). Are there any other discussion boards that someone could recommend I use? I know the web server I use now allows me to use CGI scripts, but I'm not sure about anything else. If you have a suggestion, please let me know, and I'll (1) check it out and see if I like it, and/then (2) attempt to install it to my website.
Thanks!!
Jaker

MusicWorld
04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
:huh: What is intrepidstudios about? :huh:

jakert50
04-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Intrepid Studios is a little "company" a friend of mine and I formed. It all started with a program I wrote for this forum for Kazaa (KazIE). (Go to intrepidstudios.net and download it if you're curious :P). We thought it would be cool to have a forum so people could easily post bug reports, as well as what people would like to see added.
If you have a suggestion, let me know!

MusicWorld
04-25-2003, 01:28 AM
<_< Ok...I installed it.

When I click on the Kazie in the start menu it says "Another instance of KazIE is already running&#33;".

Ummm running where?I do not see anything? <_<

MusicWorld
04-25-2003, 01:36 AM
:) Ahhh nevermind.It is for Kazaa Lite.Don&#39;t use Kazaa Lite no more.Thanks anyway buddy. :)

jakert50
04-25-2003, 02:22 AM
...you can check your system tray, too...