PDA

View Full Version : Budget 2006

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
What's the effect of the new car tax rules and when do they come into effect.

In short, do I save money or what.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
The BBC normally do a budget calculator, but I can't find it this year.

Under the road tax changes, which take effect on Thursday, Mr Brown said 50% of cars would have their duty cut or frozen.

There will be a zero rate for a "small number of cars with the very lowest carbon emissions" and then rates of £40, £100, £125, £150, £190 up to £210 for the "most-polluting" cars.

:whoosh:

manker
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, that's happened again, has it.

If I have time, I'll read the Sun tomorrow and get a proper gist of things.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Accountants, lol

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/bud06_completereport_2320.pdf

Here's the Budget in full, cawkbreath. Impress the peons by having it.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
If you buy the sun today, you get a free bag of McCains Oven Chips Worth £1.69 ($655) FTW

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh and for those worried, my wee cars are VED group C so a £5 reduction, but I don't know when it starts.

This works it out for you.

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/ved/index.asp

manker
03-22-2006, 03:35 PM

Are you mad.

That .pdf hasn't even been edited by someone to show me what bits I absolutely have to read (in green) and what bits I should read (in yellow).

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
The BBC normally do a budget calculator, but I can't find it this year.

Under the road tax changes, which take effect on Thursday, Mr Brown said 50% of cars would have their duty cut or frozen.

There will be a zero rate for a "small number of cars with the very lowest carbon emissions" and then rates of £40, £100, £125, £150, £190 up to £210 for the "most-polluting" cars.

:whoosh:

:ermm:

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM

Are you mad.

That .pdf hasn't even been edited by someone to show me what bits I absolutely have to read (in green) and what bits I should read (in yellow).
Who said anything about reading it.

They'll just be impressed that you have it, this time.

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
So what's the word, does anyone know when they take effect or am I going to have to find that out myself as well.

manker
03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Are you mad.

Who said anything about reading it.

They'll just be impressed that you have it, this time.Ah, good plan. I'm off out for a while, so what I'll do is close down this browser window with fst - and leave open the one with the .pdf.

That way, when the staff walk past, they'll think I've been reading up on the budget.

Seriousement. When the peons see the Sun tomorrow, I'll be inundated with stupid phonecalls - none of which I'll be taking, hoff course.

Barbarossa
03-22-2006, 03:41 PM
So what's the word, does anyone know when they take effect or am I going to have to find that out myself as well.

:badrod:

Incidentally, my car is not listed on that site. :ermm:

JPaul
03-22-2006, 03:42 PM

:badrod:

Incidentally, my car is not listed on that site. :ermm:
Bugger, I knew going for a double was over-playing it. However you've got to give it a try sometimes.

Chapeau.