PDA

View Full Version : Real, Official, Actual, 100%, Homework Thread. Fact.

JPaul
03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Ask your homework question here.

tesco
03-22-2006, 11:12 PM
What words in The Stone Diaries (crappy book we're reading) are significant and why did the author choose to use them.
Something like that, atleast that's how i've been answering it. :P

JPaul
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
What words in The Stone Diaries (crappy book we're reading) are significant and why did the author choose to use them.
Something like that, atleast that's how i've been answering it. :P
I'll leave that one to Chebus. He does that poetry thing.

100%
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I need to change the door in living room so that it does not swing forward open to the right but forward to the left. Any cheap tips?

JPaul
03-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I need to change the door in living room so that it does not swing forward open to the right but forward to the left. Any cheap tips?
That's not homework, spammer.

Spider_dude
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
what swear words can you spell out using only chemical symbols. example.

Argon and Selenium = ArSe

http://www.molres.org/03222006/PeriodicTable.gif

This periodic Table should help

tesco
03-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Take old door off, unscrew hinges from door jam, fill with some wood filler (or, if you really want it to look good, replace the board ;) ), use a chisel to make indentations for hinges on other side of door opening, screw it in (predrill holes to prevent cracking wood :) ), attack door (you might need to swap something around on teh door depending on how it's made, pics would help maybe).

100%
03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
That's not homework, spammer.
Hence homework has become a metaphor for problems you bring home?
(like another woman)?:huh:

Spider_dude
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
CopperNitrogenTitaniumGalliumSulphurSeleniumSulphur

yes i know sulphur has been americanised now in the chemistry world, but i hate the bastardisation. sulfur i mean its such a gay spelling.

100%
03-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Take old door off, unscrew hinges from door jam, fill with some wood filler (or, if you really want it to look good, replace the board ;) ), use a chisel to make indentations for hinges on other side of door opening, screw it in (predrill holes to prevent cracking wood :) ), attack door (you might need to swap something around on teh door depending on how it's made, pics would help maybe).
Exactly my thoughts, but the wife (examinator) does not agree and believes we should buy a new door.... + frame - thank you for confirming - i will proceed to "attack" the door

tesco
03-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Exactly my thoughts, but the wife (examinator) does not agree and believes we should buy a new door.... + frame - thank you for confirming - i will proceed to "attack" the door
Just go for it, and if it doesn't turn out right or you run into a problem, you can then by the door and/or frame.
What have you got to lose? :)

100%
03-23-2006, 12:25 AM
i think my homework question was actually - how to confirm with the wife that money need not be wasted - homework assignment accomplished

tesco
03-23-2006, 12:41 AM
My homeworks are done (semi).

twisterX
03-23-2006, 02:25 AM
I have a math question.

Uhhh. whats 2x2. i think its 4. :lol: and if 2x2 is 4 then 4x4 is 8 right. :unsure: :lol:

clocker
03-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Compare and contrast the use of poetic imagery in Joyce's Ulysses to that of Enya's Sail Away.
My entire semester's grade depends on this...

twisterX
03-23-2006, 02:44 AM
I have a really tough one here. I need a FULL ANWSER though.

Whats the square root of pi?

100%
03-23-2006, 02:47 AM
both enya and joyce sat in small rooms and create "travel for the mind" without moving, much like the internet - however i suggest you question the issues of the nimph voice luring you to ears that cannot close inrelation to reading a obese novel which is still killing young irish tallents today.

maebach
03-23-2006, 02:54 AM
I'll probably post a math question on here tommorrow, that I need help with

tesco
03-23-2006, 02:58 AM
I have a really tough one here. I need a FULL ANWSER though.

Whats the square root of pi?
sqrt(pi)
That's an exact answer. :happy:

twisterX
03-23-2006, 03:02 AM
:( I need the anwser with the numbers.

tesco
03-23-2006, 03:39 AM
http://www.google.ca/search?q=sqrt(pi)

twisterX
03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
:( :no: wrong anwser

tesco
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
:( :no: wrong anwser
Lies :no2:

Barbarossa
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM

Affix a mirror to the wall next to the door. Then from a certain point of view it will appear to open the other way to that which it actually does :smilie4:

GepperRankins
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
just walk through it the other way

Barbarossa
03-23-2006, 11:37 PM

Or turn your whole house upside down :smilie4:

DorisInsinuate
03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Or fit one of those revolving doors, no swinging there.

GepperRankins
03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
or salloon dorrs. they'll do every kind of open you could want

DorisInsinuate
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Or a doggie flap, handles are for pussies.

edit: :unsure:

Barbarossa
03-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I bet 100% has already got saloon doors between his kitchen and dining room :cool:

Cheese
03-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Anyone want to help me with my homework? I'm writing a script for a play.

Barbarossa
03-24-2006, 12:35 AM
/me exits stage right

DorisInsinuate
03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Anyone want to help me with my homework? I'm writing a script for a play.
Only if you do my homework and write a script for a news show.

Cheese
03-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Actually I am having quite good fun writing my play. So far it has zombies and people eating cats in it.

maebach
03-24-2006, 01:07 AM
I need help on finding info on the movie Hero (2002). Ying Xiong is the proper name.

Tempestv
03-24-2006, 01:50 AM
I need help on finding info on the movie Hero (2002). Ying Xiong is the proper name.
this will get you started:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0299977/

Spider_dude
03-24-2006, 01:59 AM
imdb noov

Cheese
03-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Wikipedia ftw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ying_xiong

No offence, but imdb is where you go for a flame-war.

"this film iz teh WURST FILM EVAR"

"no u r"

"STFU"

"no u r"

Etc...

DorisInsinuate
03-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Actually I am having quite good fun writing my play. So far it has zombies and people eating cats in it.
Hmm, my news show needs a rewrite.

Mr JP Fugley
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
eeek, a people eating cat.

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 08:47 AM
its 1am here and my brain cant comprehend this question (its a rather simple physics question, but tonight it's not being simple, bastards):

750N mass is attached to 2 strings, blah blah, heres a pic:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/cptazad/physics.jpg

Find Ft1

I got this far (system of equations):

E(sum)Fy (in y direction) = 0
EFx = 0
duh cuz its in equilibrium...i think

therefore:

Ft1y*sin20 + Ft2y*sin60 - Fgy = 0

Ft1y = (Fgy-Ft2y*sin60/sin20)

?? is it right, i plugged stuff in but I have no clue what Ft2 is supposed to be equal to.

as for the x direction:

-Ft1x*cos20 + Ft2x*cos60 = 0
(Fg shouldnt have anything to do with right? since you can break it into both x and y components, and the x component can be either positive or negative...right??)

Ft1x = Ft2x*cos60/cos20

any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

edit: oh and i tried:

Fn-Fg = 0
Fn=Fg

by taking Fn and using that as the y value, but that didnt help (yet another pic):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/cptazad/physics2.jpg

Barbarossa
03-27-2006, 09:55 AM
its 1am here and my brain cant comprehend this question (its a rather simple physics question, but tonight it's not being simple, bastards):

750N mass is attached to 2 strings, blah blah, heres a pic:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/cptazad/physics.jpg

I got this far (system of equations):

E(sum)Fy (in y direction) = 0
EFx = 0
duh cuz its in equilibrium...i think

therefore:

Ft1y*sin20 + Ft2y*sin60 - Fgy = 0

Ft1y = (Fgy-Ft2y*sin60/sin20)

?? is it right, i plugged stuff in but I have no clue what Ft2 is supposed to be equal to.

as for the x direction:

-Ft1x*cos20 + Ft2x*cos60 = 0
(Fg shouldnt have anything to do with right? since you can break it into both x and y components, and the x component can be either positive or negative...right??)

Ft1x = Ft2x*cos60/cos20

any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

edit: oh and i tried:

Fn-Fg = 0
Fn=Fg

by taking Fn and using that as the y value, but that didnt help (yet another pic):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/cptazad/physics2.jpg

Not wishing to appear thick or anything, but what's the question? :stars:

DorisInsinuate
03-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Find a.

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 11:47 AM

Oops, edited the post, Find Ft1 (tension of the 1st string [left]) :)

I'm so close to solving it but its 3:45am here and i need sleep, plus i have to do some stupid french project and i was preoccupied with Calculus as well since we have a test on differential rules...oh....no offense to the french, but french sux balls

Cheese
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I am doing two pieces of work this week.

The first is a three piece portfolio for my Dramatic Writing module with commentary. I have to write about a pantomime I wrote, the film I made and a play I have planned. Almost done, which is nice.

The second piece of work is entitled:

‘Late-Victorian fiction reworks the figure of the double in various ways in order to explore cultural contradictions and desires’ Discuss in relation to one or more literary texts on the module.

If anyone wants to help me with that they are more than welcome. I am planning on using The Picture of Dorian Gray as my primary text whilst using Woman in White and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde to help my argument (whatever that may be...).

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 12:01 PM

The first is a three piece portfolio for my Dramatic Writing module with commentary. I have to write about a pantomime I wrote, the film I made and a play I have planned. Almost done, which is nice.

‘Late-Victorian fiction reworks the figure of the double in various ways in order to explore cultural contradictions and desires’ Discuss in relation to one or more literary texts on the module.

If anyone wants to help me with that they are more than welcome. I am planning on using The Picture of Dorian Gray as my primary text whilst using Woman in White and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde to help my argument (whatever that may be...).

First off, don't flame my post, because it seems you always do regardless of what I post...

Anyways, I have to ask, is a degree (univ level) in English super hard?
No sarcasm intended.

Looking at your post I'm scared, I hate writing and some of my courses for Univ that I have are English, including one creative writing class :pinch: (why I do not know, apparently you need to take English courses for an Engineering degree :dry: )

Just want a heads up is all.

edit: oh and just to let u guys know, I did inquire about the creative writing class, the nice people at teh reception desk told me that it's not "that" hard of a class, something about being just a bit above high school level writing, but not a full blown university course....

Barbarossa
03-27-2006, 12:12 PM
My Hard Physics Problem

As you say, in equilibrium, so forces horizontal = 0, and forces vertical = 0.

Ft1(cos20) = Ft2(cos60), therefore Ft2=Ft1(cos20)/(cos60)
Ft1(sin20)+Ft2(sin60) = 750

Substitute Ft2:

Ft1(sin20)+Ft1(cos20)(sin60)/(cos60) = 750
Ft1((sin20) + (cos20)(sin60)/cos60)) = 750
Ft1 = 750/((sin20) + (cos20)(sin60)/cos60))

So I'm reckoning Ft1 = 380.785 N :blink: ??????

*disclaimer - I haven't really got a fucking clue. I'm really going by your logic, but for the record, by my calculation, Ft2 = 715.641 N, and if you substitute these into the original equations, then they all balance, ftw :01:

Cheese
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM

First off, don't flame my post, because it seems you always do regardless of what I post...

No sarcasm intended.

Looking at your post I'm scared, I hate writing and some of my courses for Univ that I have are English, including one creative writing class :pinch: (why I do not know, apparently you need to take English courses for an Engineering degree :dry: )

edit: oh and just to let u guys know, I did inquire about the creative writing class, the nice people at teh reception desk told me that it's not "that" hard of a class, something about being just a bit above high school level writing, but not a full blown university course....
I find the degree reasonably easy though there are some elements that I really can't get my head around. Judging by my grades I find the creative side of the degree the easiest but I don't just write stories or poems and hand them in, I have to write about the process of composition and where I think my work fits into the literary canon.

There are people in my creative writing modules who took them as an easy way out but are now regretting it, it's not as easy as it sounds. You have to produce creative work that is going to impress someone who has a Phd in English Literature and has had their own creative work published.

At the end of the day, trite cliches ahoy, you have to choose a course that matches your abilities. I made the mistake of doing English by itself because I didn't think I had any real creative talent. Now I wish I had done a Creative Writing degree. Speak to the teachers or students (not the reception desk, they're receptionists for a reason) and make an informed decision (like wat i nevar did).

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 04:08 PM

No sarcasm intended.

I find the degree reasonably easy though there are some elements that I really can't get my head around. Judging by my grades I find the creative side of the degree the easiest but I don't just write stories or poems and hand them in, I have to write about the process of composition and where I think my work fits into the literary canon.

There are people in my creative writing modules who took them as an easy way out but are now regretting it, it's not as easy as it sounds. You have to produce creative work that is going to impress someone who has a Phd in English Literature and has had their own creative work published.

At the end of the day, trite cliches ahoy, you have to choose a course that matches your abilities. I made the mistake of doing English by itself because I didn't think I had any real creative talent. Now I wish I had done a Creative Writing degree. Speak to the teachers or students (not the reception desk, they're receptionists for a reason) and make an informed decision (like wat i nevar did).

Alright, thanks.

Barbarossa
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
How come you thank him, when all he's done is moan, and you don't thank me, when I've done your stupid homework for you? :dabs:

Cheese
03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
How come you thank him, when all he's done is moan, and you don't thank me, when I've done your stupid homework for you? :dabs:

I think he's just thanking me for not flaming him. :unsure:

captain_azad
03-28-2006, 12:41 AM

Sorry, didn't see that post, ya it's 380N :)

So a big thank you to Barbarossa, I figured out the answer in school today, I should have just checked this thread b4 heading out, but thanks anyway dude, appreciate it for taking the time to do it.

And I was thanking him on telling me first hand account, not because he didnt flame (since he always does, this being the first occasion gone otherwise).

Barbarossa
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
So a big thank you to Barbarossa, I figured out the answer in school today, I should have just checked this thread b4 heading out, but thanks anyway dude, appreciate it for taking the time to do it.

I should think so too! :snooty:

:P

JPaul
03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
And I was thanking him on telling me first hand account, not because he didnt flame (since he always does, this being the first occasion gone otherwise).
Ain't that the truth.

zedaxax
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM

1.i have neither read your pantomine nor seen the film you made nor telepathically read the play you planned hence my contribution can sadly only be (envision cheerleaders) (naked) (waving their pompoms) yelling in adoration of you (their hero) "go for it Cheese, your our man".

2.inrelation to second focus -
Late-Victorian fiction reworks the figure of the double in various ways in order to explore cultural contradictions and desires’i dont know who are on the list of "late victorian" but iim sure shaky was not as "pure as he represents himself, you could relate to the much hated (by me) Jane Austen (post Victorian /Vikky) although mr cheese are not all genius novelists fighting against present restrictions in society????????????
Lawrence vs new age....
Shakyspeare vs capitalism
Lorca vs fascists
Austen vs Housewives (pro Monika Lewinsky)
Conrad vs bush administration
etc etc

Adster
03-29-2006, 12:41 AM
why do homework at home?