PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Juve

JPaul
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Arsenal 2 - 0 Juve.

Arsenal to go thro' over the two legs.

DorisInsinuate
03-27-2006, 09:52 PM
:O I think it will be Juve all the way, dominating the midfield and putting pressure on the woeful left-back Flamini.

manker
03-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Arsenal to spawn their way into the semis :dry:

madonion
03-27-2006, 11:28 PM
i wish there was a way they could both be eliminated and neither pass on to the next round! :lol:
nothing to look at here, folks.... hopefully the winner of this matchup will get knocked off in the semis........ :cool:

madonion :cool:

manker
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
An absolutely beautiful goal finished by Fabregas of Arsenal. I loved it.

Loved the goal, still hate Arsenal, mon the Juve.

manker
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
2-0 Arsenal now, they're all over 'em :dabs:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I am so much the best predictionist in this thread. Fact

manker
03-28-2006, 08:40 PM
I thought your first was a bit amphibian, actuellement.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought your first was a bit amphibian, actuellement.
Yeah, I left it as open as possible.

manker
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Cool, I didn't know whether that would work or not :D

enoughfakefiles
03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Just got back from the local football match :dry:

How was Patrick Viera's welcome back :unsure:

manker
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Just got back from the local football match :dry:

How was Patrick Viera's welcome back :unsure:Given respect by the crowd (well, most of it) and Fabregas has one pop at him - but he's too much of a midget nancy boy to kick him properly.

Viera played okay in the first half, didn't see much of him in the second. He was also robbed, brilliantly, by Pires when Arsenal scored their first.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Terry Hendry skinned him for laughs.

Spider_dude
03-28-2006, 09:15 PM
we need arsenal or inter to not win the cup as that will mean the bhoys don't go into the champs leage straight away, we'd have to play a qualifier.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
we need arsenal or inter to not win the cup as that will mean the bhoys don't go into the champs leage straight away, we'd have to play a qualifier.
Really.

C'Mon the Juve

Spider_dude
03-28-2006, 09:22 PM
i reckon barca will win it anyway, but mon the teams who are playing arsenal and inter and the huns.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 09:26 PM
i reckon barca will win it anyway, but mon the teams who are playing arsenal and inter and the huns.
I didn't realize that these results had an influence on whether we got straight in or not.

C'mon the people Spidey said.

manker
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
I think it's also the case if Villareal or Benfica win the Champs League (them being the other teams not in qualifying places in their domestic leagues).

JPaul
03-28-2006, 09:49 PM
C'Mon the people who are playing agin' the people manker mentioned.

manker
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Just hate everyone except the team you support, like I do, it's much easier and you're sure not to miss anyone :happy:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Just hate everyone except the team you support, like I do, it's much easier and you're sure not to miss anyone :happy:
How does that work in a champs league game, the outcome of which may help determine whether we have to qualify or not next year.

Do I hate one slightly less than t'other.

manker
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
How does that work in a champs league game, the outcome of which may help determine whether we have to qualify or not next year.

Do I hate one slightly less than t'other.Hate every team apart from your own equally (except Liverpool - you always hate them more than anyone, no matter what), until information, like that presented in this thread, requires you to hate a team (or teams) more than the rest.

Can't go wrong, mate :naughty:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 10:08 PM

Do I hate one slightly less than t'other.Hate every team apart from your own equally (except Liverpool - you always hate them more than anyone, no matter what), until information, like that presented in this thread, requires you to hate a team (or teams) more than the rest.

Can't go wrong, mate :naughty:
Thanks for the advice.

C'mon the Team playing agin' every team apart from my own (except Liverpool - I always hate them more than anyone, no matter what, unless they are playing agin' my team), until information, like that presented in this thread, requires me to hate a team (or teams) more than the rest.

manker
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
:01:

If only more folk thought like us, football discussions would be a much more logical affair :smilie4:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
:01:

If only more folk thought like us, football discussions would be a much more logical affair :smilie4:
Indeed.

Some people just don't understand the basics.

maebach
03-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I watched the Barcelona v. Benfica game, really slow and boring. Benfica should've got a penalty shot in the last 10 mins I think.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I watched the Barcelona v. Benfica game, really slow and boring. Benfica should've got a penalty shot in the last 10 mins I think.
C'mon spunky, be more decisive.

Did they deserve a penalty shot or not. Be positive about it, there's no plaice in football for "I think".

DanB
03-28-2006, 11:02 PM

I just watched the highlights and the commentator said it was the most exhilirating 0-0 draw he had ever seen :huh:

Must admit it looked pretty damn good to me too.

JPaul
03-28-2006, 11:05 PM

I just watched the highlights and the commentator said it was the most exhilirating 0-0 draw he had ever seen :huh:

Must admit it looked pretty damn good to me too.
She's from Canadia. Subtlety is not a national trait.

maebach
03-28-2006, 11:40 PM

Did they deserve a penalty shot or not. Be positive about it, there's no plaice in football for "I think".

The Barcelona defenseman put out his arm in the 18-yard box (about 1m in the box), and blocked the shot. It was easily a penalty shot, but the linesman and the ref didnt call it.

manker
03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
The Barcelona defenseman:dabs:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 11:45 PM

The Barcelona defenseman put out his arm in the 18-yard box (about 1m in the box), and blocked the shot. It was easily a penalty shot, but the linesman and the ref didnt call it.
That's the ticket, tell it like it is.

If the defenseman put his arm out 1m inside the 18-yard box and blocked the shot then it's a penalty shot. Fact.

You are to be congratulated on having the spunk to just say what happened. Without fear or favour.

Proper Bo
03-28-2006, 11:48 PM
The Barcelona defenseman put out his arm in the 18-yard box (about 1m in the box), and blocked the shot. It was easily a penalty shot, but the linesman and the ref didnt call it. That's the ticket, tell it like it is.

If the defenseman put his arm out 1m inside the 18-yard box and blocked the shot then it's a penalty shot. Fact.

You are to be congratulated on having the spunk to just say what happened. Without fear or favour.

canadiaianised football commentary; it's the way forward:happy:

JPaul
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
That's the ticket, tell it like it is.

canadiaianised football commentary; it's the way forward:happy:
What did the semi-colon ever do to offend you. :angry:

Proper Bo
03-28-2006, 11:52 PM
nothing the question mark ever; did to you.:snooty:

manker
03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
The doesn't know how to use the semi-colon, either.

It's like there's some kind of grammar cognoscenti operating on the board :o

Proper Bo
03-28-2006, 11:57 PM
I used to know how to use semi-colons properly; I just got bored of it:snooty:

manker
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
They're pretty crap anyhow; :dabs:

Adster
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
fuck em and anyone that looks like em