PDA

View Full Version : Help with XP Guest account

WannaPlay
03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I've got a guest account on my computer but people can't access the internet and certain things. I would like people to access certain programs and the internet through it, but not allow them to install any programs or anything of the sort. How would i go about doing this, restricting and allowing access to certain programs and getting the net to work on it?

vivitron 15
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
i'd personally setup an extra account, with a name (call it "Public/Guest/...") and make it "restricted user" instead of "admin" and this should all work how you want....though i suspect Guest is just that (though never used)

fkdup74
03-30-2006, 03:45 AM
What OS are we talking about here?

WannaPlay
03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
windows xp pro sp2

JPaul
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
i'd personally setup an extra account, with a name (call it "Public/Guest/...") and make it "restricted user" instead of "admin" and this should all work how you want....though i suspect Guest is just that (though never used)
That's it and exactly what a Guest account is used for..

Install any programmes you want them to use and chose the option "install for all users" or words to that effect.

Standard things like Explorer should already be available to guests.

If you have your own account set as the administrator (default) then only another administrator account can install new progs etc.