PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Questions.

tdamary
03-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Hello All,

I'm new with the newnib stuff and all.

I want to know thing or two about uploading (I lways say dont be only a leecher :no2: )

Now,
my problem is that my upload is very very low!
According to this, is that a problem for me to upload?
Or I just create the NZB file and upload the small file?

Is it accepted to publish other NZB files that you didnt created?

Thanks in AdVance
tDA

4play
03-31-2006, 01:50 AM
yeah you can post nzb's from other sources. you dont have to upload anything to usenet if you dont fancy it.

just try to add a pic and nfo with the nzb file as well.

Beck38
03-31-2006, 02:49 AM
my problem is that my upload is very very low!
According to this, is that a problem for me to upload?
Or I just create the NZB file and upload the small file?

Most home-style net connections are asymetrical (one way much larger/more capacity than the other), virtually always large downstream (net to home) versus small upstream (home to net).

On average, the ratio is around 25:1; example, 6Mb/s vrs. 250kbps. This is 'beginning' to change, with fiber to the premise (your home), but it will be a slow process. DSL (twisted pair), Cable (broadband coaxial), and Wireless (Wifi/WiMax), are all about the same scheme.

Even though your upstream speed may be slow, and a reasonable filepack of 6GBytes may take 5 days or more, it's do-able. Hopefully, you don't have lots of power outages or sags (lights dim, etc.); small ups's are pretty cheap these days, and will 'bridge' the few seconds or minutes of your local power provider nodding off. The broadband connection (DSL/Cable/Wireless) of course has good power backups. Don't forget to plug not only your PC but any modem(s)/firewall's/other network hardware, into the ups as well.

The first upload I ever did took just shy of 6 days (128kbps), some 6 years ago. The POS machine I had at the time was slow as well, I couldn't even check my email while uploading!

So, again, doable but do some figuring and go from there.