PDA

View Full Version : Tv Torrents

Xanex
04-25-2003, 12:42 PM
I was thinking about TV episodes. Since you are allowed to record TV onto VHS (after the long court case regarding the use of VCR's) then what about sharing TV things on your PC, surely they have been granted the license to show them on TV hence public viewing.

Just wanted to know the RIAA's (or any other company) approach to sharing TV episodes.

Xanex

ugluk
04-25-2003, 03:58 PM
if you think it's legal to share tv-episodes, think again! the networks pay to air the show. and they sell commercials to make some money of their own. or they just have pay-per-view...
soooooo! you cannot download and share tv-shows!! its illegal! shame on you! :pirate:

swarnel
04-26-2003, 04:46 AM
not much difference tho :huh:

i.dragonfly
01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
The legality will vary from country to country. I believe the point in question is sharing. Even though you can record shows on your VCR, it's supposed to be for personal use and not shown or shared publicly.

In the US the MPAA has been sending letters to people who share TV eps on bittorrent networks. (Typically on public trackers) They can see your IP when you share and then track you down to your ISP.