PDA

View Full Version : Is This You

JPaul
04-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

GepperRankins
04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
:dabs: is this some starsign thing :ermm:

JPaul
04-01-2006, 09:21 AM
No, but it's based on the same idea.

Could a mod remove the extra "g" for me.

GepperRankins
04-01-2006, 09:23 AM

oh i get it. now i feel like a noob for ruining it :pinch:

JPaul
04-01-2006, 09:29 AM

oh i get it. now i feel like a noob for ruining it :pinch:
You're not ruining it mate. If folk read it honestly then it doesn't really matter if they know it's a technique or not.

GepperRankins
04-02-2006, 08:18 AM
bump. i think you made people uncomfortable :smilie4:

manker
04-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I haven't read the first post yet, is it worth it :smilie4:

JPaul
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Meh

manker
04-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm taking that as a no.

JPaul
04-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes

manker
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I just read it because I felt bad for not doing so previously.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like me, nay, it's that vague that it sounds like it could be anyone in the world :dabs:

JPaul
04-02-2006, 10:56 AM
It's a cold reading. Gullible twonks take it as being them. It's one of the basics for a lot of your mentalists, mediums and so forth. It works a lot better when the normal paraphernalia is added.

Hot reading is when they use clues given by the suckerclient or they do a wee bit of research into the person.

GepperRankins
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
:dabs: you might have caught someone if we weren't all cynical cunts on here

JPaul
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
:dabs: you might have caught someone if we weren't all cynical cunts on here
It wasn't meant to catch anyone, mate. It was more by way of illustration.

I was watching Derren Brown and he used it as part of an experiment / trick. It just interested me and I thought I would post a "reading" which I copied from somewhere. By way of making people aware that the practice exists and that possibly they shouldn't take such things at face value.