PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9.0 Beta

peat moss
04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Opera lets you surf the Internet in a safer, faster, and easier way. One of the most full-featured Internet power tools on the market, it includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. You can customize the look and content of your browser with a few clicks of the mouse.

Opera has the following other editions available: Opera for FreeBSD, Opera for Linux and Opera for Mac OS X.
Latest Changes:

* Several memory leaks fixed
* Display issues fixed - noticeable e.g. on gmail and vBulletin sites
* Fixed bug with attachment button on gmail
* Fixed bug with pages not loaded on restart
* Fixed content blocker
* Fixed Proxy On/Off toggle in Quick Preferences
* Added setting for show widget handle in Preferences > General
* Ongoing work on widget GUI

:source: Source: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Opera_for_Windows/945720329/1
:view: Homepage: http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/

penis911
04-02-2006, 04:04 AM
i dunt like this browser its very idunno different i guess cant get used to it i tryed it tho for a time

Tempestv
04-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I like it, exept that the back buttion on my g-15 mouse doesn't work on this browser- any ideas how I could fix this? if not, I will probably go back to FF

peat moss
04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
I like it, exept that the back buttion on my g-15 mouse doesn't work on this browser- any ideas how I could fix this? if not, I will probably go back to FF

Opera supports mouse gestures , have a look in settings ?

ilw
04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Just a slight warning that Opera 8333 (linked above) is actually a weekly build
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/
So its basically more beta than opera's normal beta. Most of the weeklies are fine (I tried a couple), but some have had fairly major bugs

I'm totally not getting this widget thing, (along with the incorporation of a "mobile AJAX framework") its apparently part of some masterplan to make your browser "a platform for applications". Means nowt to me and all the widgets so far are a bit gay.

@tempestv I think you should be able to set this up in tools, preferences, advanced, shortcuts, mouse setup, edit,
on mine i can see mouse button 6,7 its probably those
the changing of mouse and keyboard settings isn't that intuitiive, but a bit of trial and error should get you there

twisterX
04-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Download the mouseware program for your mouse. :)

Tempestv
04-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Download the mouseware program for your mouse. :)
I actually had it installed- in fact that's how I fixed the problem- I remaped the button to the keystroke Alt+left arrow. I messed around in the prefrences enough, so I found another way not involving opera.

youraclown
04-05-2006, 12:37 PM
always liked opera better than firefox, but alot of people have never tried it.

Tempestv
04-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I like it way better now that I have mouse problems sorted out.

peat moss
04-07-2006, 01:24 AM

I like both , my only complaint with FF is after a new release my extensions crap out . :(