PDA

View Full Version : Dear Muppets And Retards

charlie123
04-25-2003, 04:07 PM
hi,
this is only intended for the bloody idiots out there.
i dont appreciate downloading stuff at 0.02k/s. i dont think anyone does. so incase ur too retarded to figure this out, if you only have a small amount of upload bandwidth, set the number of users allowed to something realistic. if you have 56k only set it to 1 person. the problem is, you see, that kazaa, despite what the readme says, is very reluctant to search for more sources if there is already one or more, now if im downloading something and its going at a stupidly slow speed, and im talking 3000hours remaining type of speed, kazaa rarely bothers finding a decent source, cos a download is a download as far as it is concerned.
The message to the muppets with 56k, or maybe even broadband but are too retarded to share more than the minimum, who set the number of users to umlimited or as i have already said dont share more than the minimum amount, which is just an insulting number, you are clogging up kazaa with your worthlessness. Use your brain just a little bit and realise that the 100 ppl downloading from you at 0.05k/s probably would appreciate you cancelling their download so they can find a source with some bandwidth.

And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. I have my upload speed set on unlimited and i allow for 4 connections, which means people can download at reasonable speeds, and those who cant fit in, can download, hopefully, from another source sharing a realistic amount.

jay973
04-25-2003, 04:38 PM
A bit harsh but basically I agree with you.
It happens a lot out of ignorance I think.
:(

Switeck
04-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by charlie123@25 April 2003 - 11:07
And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. I have my upload speed set on unlimited and i allow for 4 connections, which means people can download at reasonable speeds, and those who cant fit in, can download, hopefully, from another source sharing a realistic amount.
And since you don't have 'unlimited' upload bandwidth, why not set the upload bandwidth limit to something sensible -- like 128kilobits?

After all, setting it higher just increases the packet loss and resends.

I've used NETSTAT -S and watched my connection with various settings -- this is no joke!

Probably a lot of users though have "Optimal Bandwidth While Idle" enabled, thinking it will help their connection -- and since it never goes into that mode while they're AT their computer, they never get to see all the uploads running really slowly and failing constantly.

You just have to message the idiots, 1 idiot at a time.

Kid1A
04-25-2003, 05:40 PM
A Bit Harsh Language but a fair point

charlie123
04-25-2003, 09:26 PM
And since you don't have 'unlimited' upload bandwidth, why not set the upload bandwidth limit to something sensible -- like 128kilobits?

After all, setting it higher just increases the packet loss and resends.

i didnt know that, i will change that now, thanks.

sim one
04-25-2003, 09:32 PM
The message to the muppets with 56k
F*ck you, I have a 56k connection and have my uploads set to 1 with unlimited bandwidth. You have your bandwidth restricted. Why are you restricting peoples download speeds?
If your not happy downloading from me, then don't, go elsewhere.

m8t
04-26-2003, 05:36 AM
:unsure:
hi there !
amongst all the bun fights i've learnt something. 128k=15kbs.
i can now open up a few more upload slots and feel like i really can help. thanks for the info Charlie 123 !
regards
m8t :rolleyes:

Switeck
04-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by sim one@25 April 2003 - 16:32

F*ck you, I have a 56k connection and have my uploads set to 1 with unlimited bandwidth. You have your bandwidth restricted. Why are you restricting peoples download speeds?
because he's giving out all he's really got instead of trying to give out at 'unlimited' speeds which just causes PACKET LOSS, forced resends, and very occassionally CORRUPT files.

SAS
04-26-2003, 06:30 AM

If your not happy downloading from me, then don't, go elsewhere.

You Twat!!! :angry: You may have you uploads set to One, but I bet you not limited you downloads!!!!
Your downloads is his uploads you moron....
I wish there was a Peer to peer for the retargeted 64kers in the world...
I pay my hardened dosh for my connation only to get a tight git to slow me down....
It playing online game that really pisses me off....
So Sim one is that simple one then....
F*ck You To!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

No Regards
SAS :ph34r:

m8t
04-26-2003, 08:11 AM
<_<
hi there &#33;
more bun fights, but thankyou SWITECK &#33;
i too am capped on uploads by my isp to 128. i&#39;ve now changed the default from unlimited to 128 hoping it helps in particular the 56ker&#39;s.
regards
m8t :blink:

nahan
04-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Easy cowboys nobody should be angry
the guy is talking about muppets and he is right if you can see your
uploads going at speeds of anything under 1.5 stop sharing or jack up the bandwidth for uploads
If this dosent include you because your upload speeds are higher than that coo ,dont get piss off by it.Its a very good point

DOWN WITH MUPPETS, DOWN WITH MUPPETS, DOWN WITH MUPPETS,

Yeah they cutt snoop from the muppet christmas show and that makes me even more piised off,and I dont even like snoop that much.

J'Pol
04-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Yeah, stand up for the muppets.

What about us retards.

sleepnmojo
04-26-2003, 12:16 PM
U can&#39;t say it is the slots all the time. Location is a key here. I can never max out my connection on kazaa, nor do i have the control to do it the way i want, as i do in emule. But i have uploaded to people and they get only 0.05 kb/s while my upload is a T1. I ask myself, why the hell do they do a slot based system, it just wastes my capabilities. These people stay on, while the fast ones go through, till eventually another slow one comes in. Eventually the slow one take all my slots, and i am no longer sharing files at the rate i was before. Now you tell me that these people are 56kers, but that is not always the case, most of these people have cable or dsl, and get this speed, then blame me for having a slow connection, when in fact it is neither our fault. So its not number of slots, there are a number of factors involved which give you slow dl speed. I agree some people are stupid, but if you are stupid enough to dl games from kazaa then you deserve it. You complain about corruption, but thats because you don&#39;t use alternatives.

toddiscool
04-27-2003, 10:32 AM
I usually see my uploads going pretty slow, I do not really pay much attention to the settings other than to three connections, my isp bitches about uplaod amounts. (cable) But usually 1 of the 3 is going at 20 kb/s or higher and the rest at 1 or 2. I just always assumed the slow were peeps with bad connections, should be doing something to help my fellow sharers out.

It is funny how a thread started with such anger can end up helpful
Peace

metookay
04-27-2003, 10:33 AM
at the mo i have a 600K up strream and 128k down-.but at speeds of 80Kbps i&#39;m in and out in minutes which probably pissing less people off(people with T1/BB/ect)but with speeds like 0.2k come on what&#39;s the point&#33; i migt as well buy a ferrari and drive it : 20mph. :angry:

===== Price&#39;s in my area
Phoneline
56k - £14.99(BT) :blink:
NTL: CABLE
128Kb - £14.99 (2x faster than dial-up) :lol:
600Kb - £24.99 (10x faster than dial-up) :rolleyes:
1Mb - £34.99 (20x faster than dial-up) :D

Http://www.ntlhome.com/ (http://Http://www.ntlhome.com/)

sjohnston
04-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Its a fair point, 56K users should limit their upload to one user, there&#39;s nothing worse that sitting there waiting for a download at 0.02kbs.

I use DSL and I limit my upload to 4 users, they usually each enjoy an upload of 30+kbs. Surely a more sensible way to share.

At this moment in time, I have two users one is 44kbs they other 33kbs, and I bet they are sat there all nice and happy. :D

Switeck
04-28-2003, 08:29 PM
If you&#39;re not actually messaging the people with incredibly slow uploads and telling them it SLOWS THEIR DOWNLOADS TOO -- nothing will change.

All the complaining in the world here won&#39;t help much.

MagicNakor
04-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Depending on how their connection is set up, that may not be true.

:ninja:

Switeck
05-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@28 April 2003 - 17:32
Depending on how their connection is set up, that may not be true.
True, but does it hurt to ask?

I mean -- what good is uploading at sub 0.1 KB/sec speeds?

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 04:27 AM
Telling someone that them having slow uploads is slowing down their downloads is probably not true. I know it&#39;s not true for me, although I have no idea how many people are on 56k and downloading off me. Often I&#39;ll have people with speeds between 0.5 and 1.75kb/sec.

Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading. ;) When you&#39;re hunting for files as rare as I am currently, anything is better than nothing. Right now I&#39;ve got 2.5kb/sec for a 700 meg file. ;)

I&#39;m sometimes reminded of Homer Simpson reading the speed complaints here: "Thirty seconds&#33;?&#33; But I want it nooooow&#33;"

Jibbler
05-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 00:27
Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading. ;)
Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files. :huh:

Unafraid Cheese
05-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Quot : And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. (read above)

Thats a load of bollox for a start I have the same NTL conection in Wales and I`m not restricted to 128k I down load at 60 to 80 kbs. Who restrics you NTL??? why would they want to do that you are paying for 600k service you should get it, Complain to them if your only getting 15kbs down loads then you truly have a 128k connection.

But your are correct if we all open the BW then we can all get what we want faster. But thats not gona happen so deal with it. Sorry M8 but its a crule world out there and thats a fact.

Unafriadcheese :blink:

J'Pol
05-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Unafraid Cheese@1 May 2003 - 10:11
Quot : And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. (read above)

Thats a load of bollox for a start I have the same NTL conection in Wales and I`m not restricted to 128k I down load at 60 to 80 kbs. Who restrics you NTL??? why would they want to do that you are paying for 600k service you should get it, Complain to them if your only getting 15kbs down loads then you truly have a 128k connection.

But your are correct if we all open the BW then we can all get what we want faster. But thats not gona happen so deal with it. Sorry M8 but its a crule world out there and thats a fact.

Unafriadcheese :blink:
I think you&#39;ll find it was 128k upload the chap was saying.

The NTL 600 service gives 600k down and 128k up.

Roughly 70 and 15 respectively

Unafraid Cheese
05-01-2003, 10:24 AM
sorry you are correct my fault ( slaps self)

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+1 May 2003 - 07:07--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 1 May 2003 - 07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 00:27
Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files. :huh: [/b][/quote]
Not if your client has error correction. In the case of Kazaa, I&#39;ve uploaded files at that speed, and I haven&#39;t once recieved a corrupt file. I guess I&#39;m either lucky, or doing something right. ;)

phatty
05-01-2003, 05:10 PM
[B] ;) Simple problem, simple solution. If you&#39;re a 56k user, be helpful, and set your uploads to one user. If we help each other out, and give a little bit of info from time to time, we will all get what we want faster. Thanks for the info Charlie&#33; To those of you who can&#39;t understand this, maybe you should take your a&#036;&#036; to Music Land and pay &#036;20.00 for your cd. :unsure:

Switeck
05-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 23:27
Telling someone that them having slow uploads is slowing down their downloads is probably not true. I know it&#39;s not true for me, although I have no idea how many people are on 56k and downloading off me. Often I&#39;ll have people with speeds between 0.5 and 1.75kb/sec.

Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading. ;) When you&#39;re hunting for files as rare as I am currently, anything is better than nothing. Right now I&#39;ve got 2.5kb/sec for a 700 meg file. ;)
If you&#39;re on a fast connection and you&#39;re downloading from someone and only getting 0.1 KB/sec speeds from them, chances are they could be downloading faster if they had fewer uploads going.

About the only reason why this WON&#39;T speed them up is if they&#39;re being jerks and have uploads set to >10 and upload bandwidth set to only 3 KB/sec TOTAL between those 10+ uploads.

The fewer uploads you have -- down to just enough to keep your SPARE upload bandwidth saturated -- the faster you will be uploading files.

If you can upload to 10 people at 0.1 KB/sec each, then you could probably upload to 2 people at 0.8 KB/sec each or 1 person at nearly 2 KB/sec. This is not to say 1 upload max is best (except perhaps for 56k users...), but just a limitation of internet+network connections.

For those with 128k upload caps and trying to &#39;give all they can&#39;, this means they have about 13-15KB/sec upload speed to devote to Kazaa Lite++ if nothing else is going on. With just 1 upload allowed, they&#39;d be wasting >80% of their bandwidth alot of the time due to slow downloaders. But beyond about 5 uploads at a time, they&#39;re wasting more and more bandwidth trying to keep extra connections going. In short, they get fewer bytes+files out.

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 10:53 PM
If their bandwidth for both up and downloading is shared. Most broadband isn&#39;t. 56k is.

Jibbler
05-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor+1 May 2003 - 06:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 1 May 2003 - 06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jibbler@1 May 2003 - 07:07
<!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 00:27
Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files. :huh:
Not if your client has error correction. In the case of Kazaa, I&#39;ve uploaded files at that speed, and I haven&#39;t once recieved a corrupt file. I guess I&#39;m either lucky, or doing something right. ;)
[/b][/quote]
The error correction in Kazaa is known to be poor in comparison to Emule and some others out there. Keep in mind that on 56k, you have very little upload bandwidth, so uploading at .1kb/sec doesn&#39;t leave much room for overhead bandwidth, such as requests for files, etc. :huh: