PDA

View Full Version : windows vista

shadyyy
04-02-2006, 04:59 AM
hi..i prepare presentation for windows vista can any one help me in what's the new features in it.
thanks

tesco
04-02-2006, 05:17 AM
The biggest thing is it's supposed to be a lot easier for users to use...new layout, nice effects, things put in places easy for beginers to find and making it more efficient.
Other things are the new IE7 which is supposed to have a lot more features such as RSS and proper support for css and other standards and less holes for spyware to come through, as well as a redesigned user system making it so only admins can install programs, or something along those lines, like the way it is in Linux.

What's the presentation for? If you need a lot of info look on google you can find a TON of info there.

twisterX
04-02-2006, 06:15 AM
I hate it when they make it easier to baby you. Its like click here and here and here. FUCK YOU!!! I CLICK WHERE I WANNA CLICK :lol:

I like how OS X does it. Its all easy and nice but also much more advanced for power users.

{I}{K}{E}
04-02-2006, 09:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_Vista

zedaxax
04-02-2006, 09:57 AM
http://digg.com/search?search=vista&submit=Search&area=promoted&type=title&age=60
scroll down

zapjb
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Think Win ME, but more f*cked up.

peat moss
04-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Why don't you include system requirements in your presentation ?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/entpguid.mspx#ECAA

clocker
04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Other things are the new IE7 which is supposed to have a lot more features such as RSS and proper support for css and other standards and less holes for spyware to come through,
As of last week I believe that IE7 has been removed from Vista.
Available as a stand-alone addon only, not a core product.

Apparently, even Microsoft can't figure out how to pry IE6 from their code either.

twisterX
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
^^^

Then what the hell are they making for so fucking long?? All those little fucking graphics? Besides the graphics i can't tell a difference between Vista and XP except that vista is 2X slower.

ApacNTS
04-02-2006, 06:56 PM
from everything i've seen it's copying mac os x, well that's what it's being compared to. big surprise there, yet another stolen "innovation" by microsoft.

tesco
04-03-2006, 12:00 AM
from everything i've seen it's copying mac os x, well that's what it's being compared to. big surprise there, yet another stolen "innovation" by microsoft.
That's true have you seen that video where they have Bill Gates' commentary going over some new features in vista alongside a video of some guy showing those exact features in MacOSX?:lol:

Clocker, Where did you hear that IE7 won't be in Vista?

ApacNTS
04-03-2006, 01:43 AM
yeah i saw that video on youtube and laughed. even people who are doing the prelaunch videos are like "its more os 10 like".

clocker
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Clocker, Where did you hear that IE7 won't be in Vista?
I'm trying to backtrack and find the site that talked about this.
IE7 has definitely been pulled from SP3 (although it will be "supported") and beta testers are apparently finding increasing numbers of bugs with the newer releases instead of fewer, as expected.
I tried an earlier release of IE7 and was underwhelmed.

fkdup74
04-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Apparently, even Microsoft can't figure out how to pry IE6 from their code either.

:glag:

That's my next sig quote. Classic.

ziggie216
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
sweet! I just got invited for Vista build 5342... now to partition my hd...

allboy
04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
do u know any place where i can download win vista beta for free?? thx

delimare
04-09-2006, 07:51 PM
do u know any place where i can download win vista beta for free?? thx

Go to torrentz.com and search using the word vista. The first one you see listed should do just fine... it's sitting around 400+ seeders right now. I'm using that build myself and I can't seem to get rid of the 14 day activation... other than that it's fine. I'm running it on a partitioned drive and have no problems with it at all.