PDA

View Full Version : Are You Serious To Send Me This Email!

RealitY
04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
I got this in an email...

You can block known RIAA and other people from viewing your files without impeding my doing so. Using a PRO firewall will allow you to block known sites from accessing your files and as far as I know there is a way of finding them, someone has a list, however I am not interested. Turning off the only way some people have in finding files is ridiculous and makes you no better than a leech. I have no problems discussing this here or on the forum, sharing is sharing with more people than you see on the forum, a lot of my files over the years were found and downloaded because the other person downloaded stuff from me first. If you must be a leetch or you are afraid of the unknown I suggest you stay off the damn internet, your privacy is never safe, do not fool yourself or use that as an excuse to block your files. As far as I am concerned if I cannot view your files that means I cannot download stuff from you and that would in turn make you a leech. To explain what a leetch is it is a parasite that uses a host without returning anything in trade. IE sucks your blood with no benfit to you and someone who wants to download my files and will not allow me to see what they have to offer is no better, in fact a bit worse, they were not born with that instinct nor nead, they simply choose the easy way to get something they want. Dammit if you want p2p files then share and show them, if not you must not want them. PERIOD!
This is a completely retarded statement.
1. I do share, plenty.
2. I do not intend to be an an "ostrich" denying what is going on here (the unknown as you call it), and my actions are completely sane considering. Also, if users start getting more "Denial Of Service" letters than there will nothing to share, as most only have one choice of bb service.
3. I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights), if you don't like it use winmx and read my post Here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=27248&hl=winmx), this may be more to your liking to have a home where can play "p2p god".
4. Please don't try to define "leech" for me as I could define what type of 12 year old writes or believes these staements!!
5. Lastly, and politely ---- Go Away.
----- Original Message -----
To: "Reality"
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: I posted regarding privacy, let me your thoughts ( From www.k-lite.tk Board )

charlie123
04-25-2003, 09:09 PM
LOL, "I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights)", we all know how u americans love your rights.

bloody americans.

what if ur downloading from a server or a user or whatever in a country where it is that servers/users right to know who you are?

clocker
04-25-2003, 09:29 PM
And where might that be, Moscow?

MagicNakor
04-25-2003, 09:35 PM
China, more likely.

:ninja:

freeksho
04-25-2003, 09:47 PM
:o i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
whats up with that "daddy" <_< ?

RealitY
04-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by charlie123@25 April 2003 - 22:09
what if ur downloading from a server or a user or whatever in a country where it is that servers/users right to know who you are?
You mean the right to know what is in MSF? Sould I take this question seriously?
Hmmm...

clocker
04-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@25 April 2003 - 15:53

You mean the right to know what is in MSF? Sould I take this question seriously?
Hmmm...
No.

RealitY
04-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by freeksho@25 April 2003 - 22:47
:o i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
Are we speaking of the same person here, SD, if so he must be 12 to rag and rag and then not share or have th privacy patch on. What a...

Fatal Error
04-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+26 April 2003 - 14:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 26 April 2003 - 14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--freeksho@25 April 2003 - 22:47
:o&nbsp; i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
Are we speaking of the same person here, SD, if so he must be 12 to rag and rag and then not share or have th privacy patch on. What a...[/b][/quote]
OR..he could be someone thats looking to copy your media file list.. :angry:

In view of everything thats going on right now.. you are just simply asking for trouble if you show your list of shares.. The files are still VERY available to anyone that requests them, if you have them. I dont assume that a person is leeching just because I cant see their shares.. hey, they cant see mine either, and I share every file that I download.. get real. :rolleyes:

Even with PG.. your not gonna block the guy that "nabs" you, but I have to take all the precautions that are available, so I assume everyone else is doing likewise. I agree with you REALITY.

chloe_cc2002
04-26-2003, 09:59 PM
LOL, "I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights)", we all know how u americans love your rights.

you are inviting trouble ....I didn&#39;t quote the "bloody yan*..american" for that very reason. I wouldn&#39;t want to be seen as expressing anti-american sentiment.

In other countries we admire the hard earned freedoms you fought for and the culture of a rights oriented society with constitutionally entrenched protections purporting to protect those freedoms and rights, however they are under attack at the moment. Some speculate that this could be irreversible.

At a practical level in terms of international diplomacy and interventionism we all know that will rights come &#39;responsibilities&#39;....and I don&#39;t want to venture into that territory.....

However I do envy the US for having a Constitution. Some Western countries like Canada now do, but I&#39;ve heard much commentary on it&#39;s shortcomings. We need one in Australia, and many lawyers try to allude to the US Constitution in the judicial arena, but without success. It throws up the contrast as to how the equivalent rights are sought to be enforced by other means which don&#39;t compare favourably. Eg right to counsel, fair trial etc, these are all recognised as &#39;entrenched&#39; and even though I understand they don&#39;t always translate into reality, the very existence of that right legally is dismissed judicially in other countries when the US constitution is raised and a comparison invited when certain rights are at stake.

http://www.imahosting.com/sigs/nutto.jpg

TIDE-HSV
04-26-2003, 11:36 PM
There is no doubt that our rights as individuals have been eroded since 9/11 in ways that attorneys, and informed citizens, never dreamed possible. The two most recently proposed copyright Acts wouldn&#39;t have had a chance of a serious second look without the current climate. At the same time, it&#39;s important to remember that some measures considered standard in most other democracies - for example, a national identity card - are still a political impossibility here.

clocker
04-27-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@26 April 2003 - 17:36
At the same time, it&#39;s important to remember that some measures considered standard in most other democracies - for example, a national identity card - are still a political impossibility here.
Do you doubt that one more high profile terrorist attack in this country will render your statement untrue?

TIDE-HSV
04-27-2003, 12:29 AM
No, I don&#39;t doubt it at all. It will be accomplished through nationalizing our driver&#39;s licenses.

chloe_cc2002
04-27-2003, 12:40 AM
At the same time, it&#39;s important to remember that some measures considered standard in most other democracies - for example, a national identity card - are still a political impossibility here.

A national ID card is not necessary. The equivalent can easily be achieved through the integration of databases and co-operation whether at a formal or informal level between agencies, State, local, Federal, and even international.

Especially in an atmosphere where the Executive allows Agencies a more than usual degree of latitude to invade a person&#39;s legitimate right to provicy.

I would bet that most people wouldn&#39;t even have a clue what &#39;information&#39; exists on databases that touches upon or concerns them. By the time a person becomes aware that there is a virtual dossier of &#39;information&#39; that has been generated over time, it is much more difficult to displace.

Agencies have been using the current political climate and their extra powers for collateral purposes. To maintain that this is not the case, is to be in a state of denial.

clocker
04-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Driver&#39;s license? DRIVER&#39;S LICENSE?&#33;

I don&#39;t NEED no stinkin&#39; drivers license&#33;&#33;

or something like that...

TIDE-HSV
04-27-2003, 12:48 AM
A national ID may not be needed, but it&#39;s very handy. It gives one unique number to tie all those databases back to and, especially needed in the present climate - a photo - possibly a very detailed digitally sophisticated one. I know you are in Oz and your significant other is American, but you may not realize exactly what the climate here has become. Clocker - the equivalent of a driver&#39;s license - a pic ID - will be required. It already is, just to cash a check.

chloe_cc2002
04-27-2003, 01:08 AM
I realise this and I realise there is a move towards trying to use biometrics to get retina scans and fingerprints etc. They have tried it before but it obviously isn&#39;t going to happen overnight and I don&#39;t know how foolproof it is. Besides would the trade off in privacy be possible.

The issue of DNA databases is a big one here at the moment because of the propensity for them to be misused.

TIDE-HSV
04-27-2003, 01:17 AM
DNA is also huge here. We are moving towards involuntary testing all of convicted miscreants, regardless of the offense. The Commonwealth of Virginia is the leader, having started before any of the other 49 in mass collection. I think the national IDs will combine technologies presently available plus some still in development. I bemuses me to remember that, visiting Europe for the first time thirty some-odd years ago, I resented filling out hotel forms which made me detail from where I had traveled and what my destination was to be. :angry:

chloe_cc2002
04-27-2003, 01:57 AM
I guess some convicted criminals and other assorted miscreants who were framed with the best of the state of the art technology by a combination of bad forensics and/or corruption might have felt a little inconvenienced too.

It has been known to happen.

There is also a big debate over how DNA information might be used by insurance companies and other &#39;stakeholders&#39; to deny persons with predispositions to certain things (eg cancer etc) insurance despite the fact that the gene might be able to be established to be recessive and they are not likely to acquire it. This and other consequences of DNA databases have been thrown up for debate that touch on the legitimate rights and expectations of citizens.

chloe_cc2002
04-27-2003, 01:57 AM
I guess some convicted criminals and other assorted miscreants who were framed with the best of the state of the art technology by a combination of bad forensics and/or corruption might have felt a little inconvenienced too.

It has been known to happen.

There is also a big debate over how DNA information might be used by insurance companies and other &#39;stakeholders&#39; to deny persons with predispositions to certain things (eg cancer etc) insurance despite the fact that the gene might be able to be established to be recessive and they are not likely to acquire it. This and other consequences of DNA databases have been thrown up for debate that touch on the legitimate rights and expectations of citizens.

TIDE-HSV
04-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Yep. Same debate here.

RealitY
04-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Holy S**T caped crusaders.

Seems where the Topics starts and ends is very interesting. You guys are a political tornado. Well reading this thread reminds me of depressing thoughts that I thought would come to be amongst us all long ago (about 20 yesars ago in my early teens). Truthfully I think I need to stop reading this as I am becoming depessed while felling the presence of "big brother" lurking over my shoulder.

I am now hungry for, and think I will sit and have a big plate of "denial"and wash it down some "apathy". Huh, what, DNA, DL, ok, and, well... I&#39;m tired so I gotta sleep, I ate to much. Hmmm, if I still did mood altering things, I would be on it right now as I am getting sick to my stomake thinking of how someone always has to have control, from the basics of Religon to Politics. I guess the theroy is that we can not govern ourselves or be productive and power is to entising. Yuk, I&#39;m gonna puke as I write this as it is incrediblly depressing.

Fatal Error
04-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Its funny.. I was just thinking the very same thing. :ph34r: Seems I have this problem that I just cant get passed.. "anything that is unique.. is no longer anonymous"

RealitY
04-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Well on another note I heard the FCC is going to mandate that cell phone companies use GPS satellites with their service. I am not sure of the details but let me say what I think of this. If you have read any of my post than you may enjoy my analogy of this...

Imagine if the GPS that was tied into your cell phone was then linked to the sophisticated cameras out there, like the ones that can read your license plate from outer space. Well instead of attempting to triangulate the location of a cell phone, now they will be able to tell what you ate for breakfast while you are tying your shoes, all while simply making a call on your cell phone.

Well, I guess big brother is here.
The movie that comes to mind I believe is Fight Club where he is ultimately striving to blow up the communications center bringing us all back to an even level, though my memory here is faded and I&#39;m not sure if I am thinking of the right movie.

S**T I&#39;m gonna throw up again.

Jibbler
04-29-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@29 April 2003 - 00:10
Imagine if the GPS that was tied into your cell phone was then linked to the sophisticated cameras out there, like the ones that can read your license plate from outer space. Well instead of attempting to triangulate the location of a cell phone, now they will be able to tell what you ate for breakfast while you are tying your shoes, all while simply making a call on your cell phone.

Big brother watches us all. They do have the resources, they are that corrupt. They&#39;ve been watching us for a while. :huh:

Anyone here use EZ Pass? There a real life conspiracy for you. :o

Fatal Error
04-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler+29 April 2003 - 01:03--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 29 April 2003 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--REALITY@29 April 2003 - 00:10

Big brother watches us all. They do have the resources, they are that corrupt. They&#39;ve been watching us for a while. :huh:

Anyone here use EZ Pass? There a real life conspiracy for you. :o[/b][/quote]
Agreed.. THAT was the reason why Osama stopped using his cell phone..he realised that his location was being tracked with it. :o

There is no question that certain technology has legitimate uses and purposes.. there is also no question in my mind that there are agencies out there that will (and have) misused it for their own "questionable" purposes. The lure is just too appealing. Gee, and you probably thought the Lo-Jack system that you had installed in your car would only be used to track your car in case it was stolen.. :unsure: :angry:

Pretty scarry huh ?

*passes a towel to REALITY,and takes one for myself.*

MagicNakor
04-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Ha ha&#33; I don&#39;t have a car-tracking system&#33; Or a cell phone&#33; :D

I sure showed them.

RealitY
04-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 06:29
Ha ha&#33; I don&#39;t have a car-tracking system&#33; Or a cell phone&#33; :D

I sure showed them.
I take it you happen to be the "cliche" broke file sharing guy then.

MagicNakor
04-30-2003, 08:12 AM
No. ;) I just don&#39;t have a car tracking system (my car isn&#39;t that nice, nor crime that bad) or a cell phone. Both of those are rather superfluous. Most of the area around where I live doesn&#39;t get cell service anyhow.

chloe_cc2002
04-30-2003, 08:54 AM
Hey. POLARIS software, one of the more controversial companies if you do a search on them and a preferred supplier to intelligence agencies..lmao...is delivering just some of these high tech innovations to spy on us.

Their chief CEO allegedly locks people up in India during a "minor misunderstanding over contract deals"

lmao

chloe_cc2002
04-30-2003, 08:57 AM
http://imahosting.com/sigs/nutto.jpg

Sorry, forgot the image to go with it.

Best way to protect yourself is go round with a tape in your hand and a camcorder on you at all times.

That way there can be no credibility fest later on.

The problem with Police footage and intelligence footage and data is that it just happens to fail at the most inopportune times. But nonetheless they still use it, and it is getting more sophisticated. :rolleyes:

Fatal Error
04-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 04:12
No. ;) I just don&#39;t have a car tracking system (my car isn&#39;t that nice, nor crime that bad) or a cell phone. Both of those are rather superfluous. Most of the area around where I live doesn&#39;t get cell service anyhow.

I hear ya Magic.. but eventually you WILL have to get another car and it just may come with an "OnStar" system.. for "roadside assistance".. handy little feature, especially if you get stuck.. and dont have a cell phone. :o

And to think that this whole conversation began over a "privacy patch" :blink: :D :D

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Well, I just bought this car last August. ;) It&#39;ll be ..quite some time before I have to buy another one.

clocker
05-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 18:43
Well, I just bought this car last August. ;) It&#39;ll be ..quite some time before I have to buy another one.

Not if you have to drive 45 min. to get to the nearest music store...

TIDE-HSV
05-01-2003, 01:08 AM
And particularly if CDs go back "retail."

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by clocker+1 May 2003 - 02:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 1 May 2003 - 02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 18:43

Not if you have to drive 45 min. to get to the nearest music store... [/b][/quote]
Consider that the total driving time I&#39;ve put on it in the last 5-6 months is about an hour... ;)

clocker
05-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 19:30

Consider that the total driving time I&#39;ve put on it in the last 5-6 months is about an hour... ;)

So you&#39;re the one destroying the ozone layer&#33;

MagicNakor
05-01-2003, 04:19 AM
I guess so. :lol: