PDA

View Full Version : SoulSeek Section With Adster At The Front

RealitY
04-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Weve decided to rebuild the SoulSeek Section and seems the best Forum Moderator for it is Adster whose title is now FST SS Legend by request. We've moved the section out from a sub in Music to the main page in FileSharing to get it going. The pinned topic has also been updated. Theres a room on SoulSeek now for FST members at "FileSharingTalk.com". It would be great to see some of the regulars and newer members from the site join. The more the better. Would like to thank Adster for taking on the section...

:) :)

twisterX
04-05-2006, 11:48 PM
:lol: You always spell We've wrong.

RealitY
04-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Nope just never use those thingys...

twisterX
04-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Yea i hate using those things all the time but sometimes it doesn't makes sense without it.

thewizeard
04-06-2006, 06:20 AM
..sounds a good idea...I wonder if the rooms is already in existence.....let me see...:)

thewizeard
04-06-2006, 09:32 AM
It is..come on you lot, come and join us...but please...only queue maximum of 2 albums.. :)...oh and congratulations, Adster :D

JPaul
04-06-2006, 08:54 PM
The problem I have with things like that is that folk who are mods here may think that they are also a mod in the Soulseek room.

No offense to Adster, he's a decent chap for a mentalist.

Congratulations to him on getting the job here tho'.

Oh and FST SS Legend :ftw:

RealitY
04-06-2006, 09:19 PM
There are no mods on SoulSeek so no worries...

JPaul
04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I know that, I've used it for a few years.

However if you make a chap the SS mod here, then they go into the FST room in SS, it's all too easy for them to get the impression that they are a mod there too.

Or even worse, bring problems they have there back here.

Like I said, no offense to Ad, I like him, he's a good lad.

manker
04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
They're called apostrophes - and perhaps you should learn how to use them.

It looks terribly unprofessional to have an admin writing things like 'weve'.

RealitY
04-06-2006, 09:46 PM

However if you make a chap the SS mod here, then they go into the FST room in SS, it's all too easy for them to get the impression that they are a mod there too.

Theyre not a mod there nor is anyone form the site. FACT.

If your concerned regarding his role its merely to deal with the section here. I dont see any drudge that would be dragged between the two and it shouldnt happen. The rooms as I recall have always been light with lots of rodding per say. Whats here is just to get things going there once again...

Guess thatde be my choice for now then...

Style. FACT. :unsure: :rolleyes:

JPaul
04-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Well maybe you should learn how to use """".

JPaul
04-06-2006, 09:52 PM

Theyre not a mod there nor is anyone form the site. FACT.

If your concerned regarding his role its merely to deal with the section here. I dont see any drudge that would be dragged between the two and it shouldnt happen. The rooms as I recall have always been light with lots of rodding per say. Whats here is just to get things going there once again...

I've no problem with the idea, I was merely making a comment with regard to the potential pitfalls anent the psychology of the individual (not specifically Ad). I wouldn't want problems from SS being brought back here.

Fill yer boots mate, I'm not arguing with anyone about it. Just giving my 2p worth.

RealitY
04-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I've no problem with the idea, I was merely making a comment with regard to the potential pitfalls anent the psychology of the individual (not specifically Ad). I wouldn't want problems from SS being brought back here.

Fill yer boots mate, I'm not arguing with anyone about it. Just giving my 2p worth.
Completely understand what your saying just dont see it happening and if so it should be put to halt at first sight...

JPaul
04-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Completely understand what your saying just dont see it happening and if so it should be put to halt at first sight...
:D

RealitY
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Does that mean your going to join and call all authortaiy you find there names.
Not sure what the underlining of that smiley is now...

:unsure: :lol:

JPaul
04-06-2006, 10:35 PM

I thought you said there wasn't any authority there.

Freudian slip or what.

RealitY
04-06-2006, 10:44 PM

Freudian slip or what.
Oh noessss my content has been misread due to lack of wording...

JPaul
04-06-2006, 10:52 PM

Freudian slip or what.
Oh noessss my content has been misread due to lack of wording...
:O

Adster
04-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I think hes kinda on the line with what happened a few years ago with FC and the forum wars that occured here back in KLF days those days are long gone there is no modding in the soulseek forum what goes on in soulseek stays there and what goes on in here this forum stays here

Skiz
04-07-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm in there as graves_73

FYI

DanB
04-07-2006, 03:28 AM
i havent used soulseekfor years, ever since it wanted to index my 150Gb everytime I started it up and it locked up my pc for 10 mins a time while doing it. :dabs:

is it any better now?

tesco
04-07-2006, 03:40 AM
I'm in there as graves_73

FYI
Oh kool was wondering who graves was...

Adster
04-07-2006, 03:49 AM
i havent used soulseekfor years, ever since it wanted to index my 150Gb everytime I started it up and it locked up my pc for 10 mins a time while doing it. :dabs:

is it any better now?

well it actually index's while your in there now

and oh yeah added graves to my list now

manker
04-07-2006, 09:02 AM

Well, maybe you should learn how to use """".You're weakness with the humble comma shines like a beacon from within your prose.

zedaxax
04-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Congratulations Adster

JPaul
04-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, maybe you should learn how to use """".You're weakness with the humble comma shines like a beacon from within your prose.
Rod off "your boi"

Re indexing.

I have tried to log onto SS for about a week now. Every time I try it gets about half way thro' indexing the files and crashes. I just get fed up with trying.

I've even tried it with less hard drives switched on and still no joi.

callum
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
You're weakness with the humble comma shines like a beacon from within your prose.
Rod off "your boi"

Re indexing.

I have tried to log onto SS for about a week now. Every time I try it gets about half way thro' indexing the files and crashes. I just get fed up with trying.

This won't help you much just now, but if you manage to get all your files indexed, copy your attributes.cfg and put it somewhere else. It's only when that file gets corrupted that all you files are indexed, so when that happens just close slsk and replace the attributes.cfg. It never takes me more than a few minutes to get slsk up and running with all files indexed.

JPaul
04-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Rod off "your boi"

Re indexing.

This won't help you much just now, but if you manage to get all your files indexed, copy your attributes.cfg and put it somewhere else. It's only when that file gets corrupted that all you files are indexed, so when that happens just close slsk and replace the attributes.cfg. It never takes me more than a few minutes to get slsk up and running with all files indexed.

Might help me actually.

I'll just add a drive at a time and re-index manually. If that works I can then save the cfg file for future use.

Thanks for the suggestion.

callum for second SS mod. Might be a good idea.

thewizeard
04-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Good idea callum, as sometimes it can seem to take for ages...

callum for second SS mod. Might be a good idea.

yes, I would second that..if we had the choice...