PDA

View Full Version : Best TV Torrents

DrSteve
04-07-2006, 12:04 AM
I want to have in my library all episodes for all seasons of South Park, The Simpsons and the show 24. Any suggestions. I have used newsgroups with excellent sucess and download speeds, but I can only download 4 gb/month.

Any suggestions? :whistling :no2: :whistling

{I}{K}{E}
04-07-2006, 07:56 AM
requesting torrents is not allowed

DrSteve
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Sorry {I}{K}{E}. I am just looking for general advice on using Torrents, and good sites for my needs, and to figure out if torrents really work, especially what I am looking for. And to compare the speeds. I tried a couple of times many months ago, and failed miserably with torrents. I can only get 4-5 gigs a month from newgroups, and then my ISP cuts me off.

T0TAL-RECALL
04-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry {I}{K}{E}. I am just looking for general advice on using Torrents, and good sites for my needs, and to figure out if torrents really work, especially what I am looking for. And to compare the speeds. I tried a couple of times many months ago, and failed miserably with torrents. I can only get 4-5 gigs a month from newgroups, and then my ISP cuts me off.

Go premium on Newsgroups... Much better plus you can get unlimited at full connection speeds.

I currentley have a 2Mb connection and download at max speed from Newsgroups where as torrents I alwasy peak at half the speed.

graemek
04-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Bitmetv.org is a very good tv shows site

DrSteve
04-07-2006, 03:09 PM
But that would cost me about $30.00/month, and I no liek that! :naughty:

Go premium on Newsgroups... Much better plus you can get unlimited at full connection speeds.

I currentley have a 2Mb connection and download at max speed from Newsgroups where as torrents I alwasy peak at half the speed.

DrSteve
04-07-2006, 03:11 PM
is a very good tv shows site

Looks like this is an invite only site. :frusty:

graemek
04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Sometimes they open for signup, but it is invite only at the moment. I am also waiting for an invite, as i had an account with them a while ago and got disabled for none use as i was offline for a while

WiiiE
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM
private trackers often only have new releases (28days or less).
I'd try DC++ if I were you..

mootaccount
04-08-2006, 09:01 AM
www.tvtorrents.com
Great community!

DrSteve
04-08-2006, 09:23 PM
www.tvtorrents.com
Great community!

Not sure this is still alive. Site down, perhaps for good!?

DrSteve
04-08-2006, 09:25 PM

What is DC++ ??

Yolgezer
04-08-2006, 09:43 PM

What is DC++ ??
:stars: :wacko: :huh:

ghurka
04-09-2006, 07:22 PM
www.tvtorrents.com
Great community!

Just checked and logged in without any problem. Site is alive and kicking. If anyone is interested there's over 4000 torrents there.

fabul
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
It's an ok community. ;-)

heyjimidude
04-10-2006, 03:13 AM
what ever happened to eztv? I can't find them

maminoodles
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I like http://tvtorrent.info

RealitY
04-20-2006, 05:15 AM
I like http://tvtorrent.info

tvtorrent.info is an information only resource which gathers and presents hyperlinked information from mininova for information

maminoodles
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
tvtorrent.info is an information only resource which gathers and presents hyperlinked information from mininova for information

Hehehe.. I figured as much since it always links to mininova. I just like how they organize the list... very simple. :)

caravan70
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
The site recommendations are great - does anyone have idea in particular which ones specialize in full TV show DVDs, though (rips or straight from digital TV broadcasts)? It's frustrating to see all the episode listings and note that the shows are compressed into AVI and DivX files... I prefer to obtain them in the best quality possible.

Thanks in advance!

Darren

NinjaDuck
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
www.tvtorrents.com
Great community!

It's blocked by PeerGuardian

DrSteve
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
The site recommendations are great - does anyone have idea in particular which ones specialize in full TV show DVDs, though (rips or straight from digital TV broadcasts)? It's frustrating to see all the episode listings and note that the shows are compressed into AVI and DivX files... I prefer to obtain them in the best quality possible.

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Amen to that. avi's are ok to watch in your own computer, but I like the big screen, and avi just doesn't cut it!

Where can we find the big DVD releases? The shows that come from a released DVD perhaps. (I am looking for all seasons of 24). We thank you in advance!

:whistling :no2: :whistling :no2:

maminoodles
04-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Amen to that. avi's are ok to watch in your own computer, but I like the big screen, and avi just doesn't cut it!

Where can we find the big DVD releases? The shows that come from a released DVD perhaps. (I am looking for all seasons of 24). We thank you in advance!

:whistling :no2: :whistling :no2:

Try demonoid.. Saw a couple of seasons with DVD quality. Registration is open right now.

j0hn
04-21-2006, 11:55 PM

It's blocked by PeerGuardian
i dont see the point in the http blocking on peer guardian
also, its a bunch of idiots who make the lists up.
i like pg for p2p, but it blocks way too many decent sites.

Aphy
04-22-2006, 04:20 AM
PeerGuardian does get annoying sometimes. It used bluetracks blocklist and they blocked the utorrent site after news broke that ludde had sold a dll to peerfactor, don't know if it's still doing that now though.

j0hn
04-22-2006, 07:09 AM
the bluetrack staff are the idiots i was referring to
i was talking about a log i read between ludde and 1 fo their staff members when he was requesting the block be removed
such an arrogant b******
like i said, i dont see the point in the http blocker, i disabled that

NinjaDuck
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
i dont see the point in the http blocker, i disabled that

Even with it disabled the site gets blocked.

j0hn
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
no it doesnt
open pg2 and click "allow http" in the top right
i use µtorrent on a regular basis, and run pg2 24/7.

unholy182000
04-24-2006, 09:48 PM
if you can get bitmetv its just great