PDA

View Full Version : win rar

ahardie9
04-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi there i have down loaded many things before and opened them using win rar but for some reason every file bigger than 4gb it wont let me extract it with win rar, it gets all the way to the 100% then a warning message comes up and says`THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DISK!! WRITE ERROR, ONLY NTFS FILE SYSTEMS SUPPORT FILES LARGER THAN 4GB.....please can someone hepl me or tell me a way round this withoout formating my hard drive!! :D

zapjb
04-09-2006, 09:48 AM
If you're using the FAT32 file system. Then I'd think WinRAR is correct.

Chewie
04-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi there i have down loaded many things before and opened them using win rar but for some reason every file bigger than 4gb it wont let me extract it with win rar, it gets all the way to the 100% then a warning message comes up and says`THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DISK!! WRITE ERROR, ONLY NTFS FILE SYSTEMS SUPPORT FILES LARGER THAN 4GB.....please can someone hepl me or tell me a way round this withoout formating my hard drive!! :D
Yes.
Convert the partition to the NTFS filesystem.

andremario
04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Yes.
Convert the partition to the NTFS filesystem.
Indeed