PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Useage

JPaul
04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
How much time do you spend listening to your MP3 player.

I don't have one me'self but the boys all have iPod Nanos and they think they are the wasp's nipples.

Guillaume
04-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Don't have one.

Stoped using these things after I realised my hearing was going down the drain. :(

enoughfakefiles
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't have one either because they take the links away in the lounge when people make free iPod posts :dry:

j2k4
04-09-2006, 02:46 PM
When I got mine, I was still working afternoons and weekends, and I probably used it 30+ hrs a week.

Since I'm working days, the occasions are fewer and further between; when I do use it, it's plugged into my car system or at my workbench in the basement.

I wouldn't be without it, though-3500 tunes, when- and wherever I want them?

You damn betcha-I've got it in a small camera case with every patchcord known to man, AC and DC adaptors, two set of buds and the remote.

It's vital, ya'know? :)

MagicNakor
04-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Over thirty hours a week. I listen to it every day at work, and since I work nights, it's the entire shift. ;)

:shuriken:

tesco
04-09-2006, 04:06 PM
0-10, mainly just if i'm going somewhere in the car or have to walk to/home from school.

missie
04-09-2006, 04:11 PM
10 - 20 hours roughly.
I've just recharged and added some yeehaw music to mine.

It's great for when I'm walking teh moog, but I can't stand the Itunes programme you have to use with it.

JPaul
04-09-2006, 04:14 PM
10 - 20 hours roughly.

It's great for when I'm walking teh moog, but I can't stand the Itunes programme you have to use with it.
Can you not just treat it like an external drive, or doesn't it work like that.

DorisInsinuate
04-09-2006, 04:21 PM
10 - 20 hours roughly.

I didn't realise you had to walk your moog. That explains why mine was starting to make weird sounds.

Guillaume
04-09-2006, 04:23 PM
but I can't stand the Itunes programme you have to use with it.
You don't need it anymore. Winamp does it better. (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=113877&highlight=Itunes)

GepperRankins
04-09-2006, 06:48 PM
like. music has to always be playing.

first thing in the morning, plug mp3 player into usb port and put music on. stop music and put heaphones in then go to work. not listen to music :dqavbsL . put headphones in, go home. get home, put music back on my PC :01:

Mr. Mulder
04-09-2006, 07:15 PM
i don't have one and look down on anyone who can't do a simple task like walk to the shops without one :dabs:

j2k4
04-09-2006, 08:04 PM
10 - 20 hours roughly.

You can sync it with WMP, but file control kinda sucks-I use deubox
for that; it makes tagging and file management a breeze.

I haven't used the IPod software, but I imagine it's similar.

Just DL or rip the files, run them through MP3gain, and shift them to the player right onto the appropriate playlist.

GepperRankins
04-09-2006, 08:28 PM

Just DL or rip the files, run them through MP3gain, and shift them to the player right onto the appropriate playlist.
you make it sound so complicated :dabs:

steal, drag. works :unsure:

Seedler
04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Home to School 30 min X 2=1hr X 5=5 hrs

another 1 hr or so at home everyday so thats around 12 hrs a week.

RealitY
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Mines a car unit and then of course on the pc also. Dont have a portable. Would say combined under 10 hrs though. Listen to Pandora.com (http://pandora.com/) alot lately though as its just simple...

/Music

Chewie
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
My kids all have one that they listen to constantly, but I don't.

My car stereo plays mp3s, so if that counts I listen about 20mins/day.
Hmm, 2hrs a week max... not a lot at all, really.

j2k4
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM

you make it sound so complicated :dabs:

steal, drag. works :unsure:

Complicated?

Surely not to JP, for whom I formulated my post.

I wouldn't wonder that you are confused...

Cheese
04-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Whenever I leave the house. So like once a fortnight for five minutes.

missie
04-09-2006, 11:04 PM
You don't need it anymore. Winamp does it better. (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=113877&highlight=Itunes)

Fixed-ed it now, tankschoo. :happy:

maebach
04-10-2006, 12:47 AM
0-10 hours

HCT
04-10-2006, 02:46 AM
but I can't stand the Itunes programme you have to use with it. You don't need it anymore. Winamp does it better. (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=113877&highlight=Itunes)
no, Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org) does it better.
drag and drop

Seedler
04-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Why even use a media player prog?

Why not just open use explorer and drag and drop?

Barbarossa
04-10-2006, 09:20 AM
0-10. Usually on car journeys.

Gripper
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
10 - 20 hours roughly.

Mp3 players can be used loike that,Ipods try to make it awkward,but as has been posted there are ways round it,

manker
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't have one.

In the car I have a CD player, at home or in work I use the computer to listen to music and if I'm on a long journey (public transport), I prefer to read.

Mr. Mulder
04-10-2006, 05:03 PM
ipods are the gay.

loobi got one of those video ones t'other day and it cawked her computer up real nice. took some doing to undo the gheyness it caused.

dunno if its just her mobo but it won't post if you start up the computer with the ipod connected. it also cawked up some root certificate, codecs and zone alarm. its sorted now like, after upgrading itunes, the ipod bios and the mobo needed a bios flash also, not to a newer version, just to clean up the mess it caused :dabs:

also itunes is ghey and buggy, and its so called conversion software doesn't do anything making you use a third party encoder :dabs:

also they're for students and students are cnuts.

Afronaut
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I dont have mp3 player.

No vote.

missie
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Lobbed my Ipod into a brickwall today. :happy:

They are very durable and sturdy in such situation, and it's determination to stay turned on amazed me so much I felt the need to throw it harder.

I think I'll test it's swimming powers in a mug of cha if it doesn't do as it's fecking told again.

Guillaume
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Slightly mental, uh?

missie
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Hey!!! It is insured, like. :unsure:

Besides, it kept playing really gheytunes.
I'm sure YMCA came with it.

DanB
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Lobbed my Ipod into a brickwall today. :happy:

They are very durable and sturdy in such situation, and it's determination to stay turned on amazed me so much I felt the need to throw it harder.

I had a mobile like that once. The wall eventually won.

I haven't listened to my mp3 player for about a year but I might start using it again now I have to catch the train to work. :music:

jt196
04-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Got one of these MobiBlu cube things. I got it to start listening to these audiobooks and TTC lectures that I got and its amazing - just walking around listening to them. Seeing the perspective of your world around you change as more knowledge gets sucked into your head. Fantastic.

missie
04-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Mine makes me piddle meself when it asks ya to rate the song.
I mean, why would it be on their if it was only a one star worthy tune. :huh:

erm, yeah. So which foo' put YMCA on me Ipod? :fist:

Guillaume
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Blame the dawg. :shifty:

BTW, don't come asking when that thing doesn't work anymore. :snooty:

missie
04-11-2006, 06:19 PM
That's just ballcawks.
You can fixed-ed anything. :happy:

apart from your own pc, tatt is. :pinch: