PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Copy/paste Question

hobbes
04-26-2003, 02:33 AM
I would like to update my avatar, but the net link is very long. I would like to copy/paste into the available window, but when I right click my options are: back, forward, stop, refresh, home.

I have only been on one other forum and copy/paste worked easily.

Also when I'm editting a post, I would like to select a block of text, right click, delete. But I don't get that option.

What's up? Thanks.

amphoteric88
04-26-2003, 02:41 AM
for pasting try using ctrl+v instead of right clicking, this works in the majority of cases
as for the delete, have you tried just highlighting the text and pressing backspace?
i suppose you could highlight it and then right click and cut it, but then it would be stored in your clipboard

dlingeverything
04-26-2003, 02:59 AM
The kazaa web window only lets you use these five options.

Easiest way to solve this is use regular internet explorer/netscape, etc.
You should be able to copy and paste doing this.

Hope this helps :)

hobbes
04-26-2003, 03:09 AM
Great job, both of you.

ctrl z- that's why I hate computers. How is that logical? I suppose I would have to look through a manual to figure that out.

But, that problem is solved. I was using the Kazaa-lite browser. If I instead connect via the web and IE, I am able to get my good old copy/ paste function options.

Thanks guys.

New problem though, I have been captured and placed in a cage by a small but crafty Japanese girl. I'll keep you posted on my escape plans.

the-ninja69
04-26-2003, 03:15 AM
Ctrl c is copy and Ctrl v is paste.