PDA

View Full Version : n00b at work!! help!! ftp, flash etc

hugh.jeego
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello,

I'll start by saying i am a complete n00b when it comes to creating web pages. I have had a web page for a year (unused) but it was some free template that i got, and i edited it in frontpage etc.

Now we have started to do some html in school, and i have created very basic website, as a small starter html project.

I created the site completely in notepad as the exercise was teaching us html, not how to create a really flashy site...anyway. Seeing as i already have a domain and webhost, i am gonna upload my new site to my unused web host, using smart FTP.

For those of u that are still reading, here are the questions:

1. How does i create flash video's and display them in my site

2. How do i use my server to host files for people to download (small volumes of people/traffic. Like right click, save as, etc.....

Thanks, any help would b appreciated.

orcutt989
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
To create flash videos you are going to need Macromedia Flash, any version. You will import your video into the program, and then save it as a flash file. Then you are going to have to embed this flash file in your webpage, google around and you will find out how to do this.

tesco
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>
For embedding flash into html.

You need the height and width in both the embed AND object tags, because apparantly IE recognizes one and netscape recognizes the other.

To host files for others just upload it to the server, and put a link.

<a href="file.ext">Text</a>