PDA

View Full Version : Keep being logged off

Knocky
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi adminguys, great site but i have one little niggle.
I keep being logged out intermittently while on the site. Is this a common problem or am i just jinxed?

RealitY
04-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Havent had any other complaints regarding this. Might be you have something cleaning cookies in ie settings or a cleaner type app, If so most have options to keep certain cookies. Make sure that you keep those set by this site...

Damnatory
04-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Havent had any other complaints regarding this.

I complained about it... However you gave me the same advice, it didn't work.

For some reason FireFox won't even save my username and pass here...

RealitY
04-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Well that was some time back and had forgotten about that. Ive had strange things with FF on occasion not logging out properly on the first try though no issues with remaining logged in. Have had no issues at all with IE though. Wondering what browser the poster is using now...

{I}{K}{E}
04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi adminguys, great site but i have one little niggle.
I keep being logged out intermittently while on the site. Is this a common problem or am i just jinxed?

do you have 'cookies' disabled?

Knocky
04-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi again, im using AOL 9.0 as my browser, but that uses IE6.0 doesnt it??
Yeah do run a cleaner after every internet session so you may be right, but if i am not cleaning cookies during my session, why would i still just be logged out???

{I}{K}{E}
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi again, im using AOL 9.0 as my browser, but that uses IE6.0 doesnt it??
Yeah do run a cleaner after every internet session so you may be right, but if i am not cleaning cookies during my session, why would i still just be logged out???

as fas as i know there is no problem with the website/server, so it must be your browser that logs you out/deletes cookie

thewizeard
04-18-2006, 05:26 PM
try this..log out altogther..

You do however need to delete your current forum cookie ( under document and settings/your user profile/cookies) The name should be [email protected].

And clean your caches, (internet options/Delete files)

Then try to log back in...the above solution was not for a vb board and I adjusted the quote to filesharingtalk.com...but it might work anyway..

edit...NB. you will be asked for your password...

tesco
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
You could try turning off whatever clears your cache each time you close IE and see if it still logs you out that way. If not then the problem lies somewhere in that program/plugin/option.