PDA

View Full Version : Which "File Cleaner" do you use?

Wolfmight
04-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Which ones?
edit: 2nd to last choice should read: I clean files manually half the time

also: if your an advanced user and have never used Tree Size Free or Professional and/or jv16 Power Tools 2006, I highly recommend you try them. They are the two godly hands that can truly manage many aspects of XP. TreeSize Professional gives you an entire layout of your file statistics. It has really helped me gain tons of free space by deleting old crap I forgot was even stored on my drive. You'll be suprised with what you find.

Besides that, CCleaner is also very handy. Make sure you uncheck the "Clear Prefetch" option though. All-in-All, CCleaner is also another godly program from XP file cleaning.

lee551
04-14-2006, 07:37 PM
i run ccleaner once and awhile. i usually clear my stuff manually though.

i've had treesize for awhile. it's a nifty program, but i never really looked at it as being useful in the 'file-cleaning' dept. i was just looking for something that would summarize all my folders' sizes nicely, and it works grand for that.

fkdup74
04-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I have an awesome file cleaner......it's called the "delete" key. :happy:

Wolfmight
04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
TreeSize really helps me out, because I edit tons of videos on here in AVI format. I always find 1-3 of them hideing somewhere without me needing them anymore.

lee551
04-14-2006, 07:59 PM
TreeSize really helps me out, because I edit tons of videos on here in AVI format. I always find 1-3 of them hideing somewhere without me needing them anymore.

:lol: i know what you mean. when i was really using it the first time i kept saying to myself, "what the hell is hiding in there that is that size??"

StephG
04-14-2006, 08:29 PM
What do you mean by "File Cleaner". Im not sure what that is.

S!X
04-14-2006, 08:48 PM
CCleaner and Dustbuster XP.

Wolfmight
04-15-2006, 01:21 AM
What do you mean by "File Cleaner". Im not sure what that is.
File Cleaner, as in cleaning up (deleting) useless files that take up space.

StreetBit
04-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Im using two File cleaners on my pc, Window washer and CCleaner.

peat moss
04-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Ccleaner and Tuneup Utilities 2006 right now, liked Norton system works and System Mech. 6 aswell .

Wolfmight
04-16-2006, 02:01 PM
CCleaner Leads. No suprise there, that program rocks.

peat moss
04-16-2006, 02:17 PM
CCleaner Leads. No suprise there, that program rocks.

Just dawned on me I did n't vote . :lol: It is a good program and gets better with every update , wonder how long be before its not free anymore ? :(

kopi8
04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
XP's disk cleanup, easy and simple, guess that makes me a noob though.... :P

Appzalien
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I used to have to format my hard drive every 3 months or so but since I started using BCWipe to delete files instead of send them to free space heaven, and Tuneup Utilities to clean the registry after uninstalls, I can go a couple years before my system shows signs of slowing down. I also use CCleaner for the logs and tracks. BCWipe can be set to the old 7 pass wipe but I never need that, one pass is sufficient to keep from dumping files into the freespace of the drive.