PDA

View Full Version : anyone spare some rain?

vidcc
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
The temperature is rising, 93 °F / 33 °C yesterday, a bit cooler today and the air conditioning is on. Haven't had any rain for a long long time. :cool2:

So if anyone has any rain to spare please consider donating to those in need.:cheers:

peat moss
04-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Oh we have lots here ! Some of the mom's and dad's were wearing long underwear at the baseball game this morning in the rain . Almost called in the 5 th inning . :ph34r:

vidcc
04-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Some of the mom's and dad's were wearing long underwear at the baseball game this morning

Were you peeking up from under the bleachers :unsure:

TkR
04-16-2006, 07:16 AM
We usually have some rain to spare, but none recently

thewizeard
04-16-2006, 07:17 AM
The temperature is rising, 93 °F / 33 °C yesterday, a bit cooler today and the air conditioning is on. Haven't had any rain for a long long time. :cool2:

So if anyone has any rain to spare please consider donating to those in need.:cheers:

Yes... plenty...please give me your exact location ...

MagicNakor
04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Quite a bit, but I'm keeping it for myself. :P

:shuriken:

vidcc
04-16-2006, 02:54 PM

Yes... plenty...please give me your exact location ... New Mexico, if you could put it on a p2p network and post the hashlink I'll let the others know :) (the texans could do with some as well)

BigBank_Hank
04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
New Mexico, if you could put it on a p2p network and post the hashlink I'll let the others know :) (the texans could do with some as well)
Don’t leave us out Vid, we haven’t had any rain here in over a month.

vidcc
04-16-2006, 07:23 PM
New Mexico, if you could put it on a p2p network and post the hashlink I'll let the others know :) (the texans could do with some as well)

A month????? that's like a constant downpour compared to here....bob geldolf is threatening a record with all his friends it's been so dry.

mind you last year you louisianans were complaining about too much water...can't please you lot :lol:

thewizeard
04-16-2006, 09:38 PM
New Mexico...erm.. well here is the hash link... rain is coming up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish

and to keep you cool while I perform "the rain dance" ...
http://acatte.club.fr/_borders/Tanzanie_Kilimandjaro_glaciers-sommitaux-de-cote.jpg

fishyhell
04-17-2006, 01:02 AM
freaking too much rain in northern california recently

Seedler
04-17-2006, 02:16 AM
meh it's only 93 degrees...

Wait when it's like 103 degrees, and doesn't rain for like a month.

Then I'll really larf.

vidcc
04-17-2006, 02:28 AM
meh it's only 93 degrees...

Wait when it's like 103 degrees, and doesn't rain for like a month.

Then I'll really larf. 103 is a cool summer day here, the heat I can take and actually like but the dryness is awful.
I doubt we have had more than 3 inches of rain since last spring, much less than the 12 inch annual average.

thewizeard
04-17-2006, 05:56 AM
...and there is some guy here in the lounge wanting to go and live on Venus!!..give me the cool 10 degrees Celsius type temperatures that is a daily occurrence here, during this time of the year in Holland...

but seriously, you would not feel so comfortable in the Netherlands during the summer due to exactly the opposite, being a "waterland"...the humidity goes sky high as soon as the temperatures soar..

BigBank_Hank
04-17-2006, 03:17 PM

A month????? that's like a constant downpour compared to here....bob geldolf is threatening a record with all his friends it's been so dry.

mind you last year you louisianans were complaining about too much water...can't please you lot :lol:
It’s really been one extreme to the next around here.

Right now we’re so far behind in rain that it would take a tropical system to get us to where we need to be for rainfall totals.

I’m telling you if we have another rough and tumble hurricane season like last year I just might move out there and be your neighbor. It seems like every year it gets more and more stressful during hurricane season and I have about enough of that crap.

ahctlucabbuS
04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I can spare some snow. Be quick about it though, its currently in high demand...

thewizeard
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
maybe... ...if everyone in the lounge wants it to happen..it might just. We would need the help of a few Sjamans...perhaps yogi...erm..any pagans in the lounge, a witch maybe ? Then with a little bit of magic from Merlin.......:sorcerer:

Tempestv
04-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Rain??? it is snowing here.
but we need all we can get- in Montana there are two seasons- weather (snow, rain) and fire. more weather means less fire and therefore less smoke. I don't want to be working in a smoke cloud from all the forest fires this summer.