PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager for the xbox360?

newcombe6
04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Has anyone bought and played this yet on the 360? ive been a massive fan of champ manager / football manager on the pc for decades now - but champ manager for the xbox was shit - can a diehard fan give me a quick reveiew if everyone has played it yet?

would we great to play on xbox with wireless pad while the wife was asleep - but cant be arsed to spend £50 if its a watered down peice of poo like the xbox 2005 one was

cheers in advance

Peerzy
04-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Championship Manager is not the same as the old Championship Manager, it is infact a shit re-hash and one of the worst games i've ever played.

Wait a few weeks and get Football Manager 2006 on the Xbox360 or you can grab it on the PC now.

newcombe6
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey peezy

yeah i know mate - i didnt think football manager 2006 (already got on pc - excellent game) was coming out on the xb360?

championship manager now since they lost si as the developer is almost absolute shit - and about 10% as good as the excellent football manager games

youve made my day - ill happilly wait for fm2006!!

newcombe6
04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
no need to wait - its out now! get in!

right then - has anyone played it on the 360 and can give me a quick review? hows the setup with a pad rather than a mouse etc? are the loading times shit (shouldnt be - it apparently uses the 360 hdd to stream from rather than disc)?

cheers

Chewie
04-16-2006, 02:41 PM
championship manager now since they lost si as the developer is almost absolute shit
They didn't lose SI as developers.
Sports Interactive were the original developers who went with several distribution companies before settling with the long term Eidos publishing deal.
When the last CM4 updated version was released, SI announced that they were splitting from Eidos, that Eidos retained the rights over the Chamionship Manager name, that SI held the rights over the actual game engine and that they had acquired the rights for the (rather unsuccessful) game Football Manager.

Football Manager is now the original game, improved, with a new name.
Championship Manager is now a complete pile of crap, as you know.

This might seem like I'm being picky, but I just wanted people reading your post to understand that the people who were behind the best football management sim are still behind the best football management sim, only it has a new name.

newcombe6
04-16-2006, 02:59 PM
well said and couldnt agree with you more

i would hope that followers of the series will respect this and keep buying the FOOTBALL MANAGER games rather than the CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER ones.

i think this was reflected in the last 2 releases though - football manager outsold champ manager by 3-1. it proves you can lose the licensed name - but what made the game fantastic is still with the original developers and the engine and football manager carries on the best game in the world!

and i didnt think you were picky - my previous posts were badly worded!!