PDA

View Full Version : lots of seeders but slow upload

odd1
04-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello all,

I have a question. Using Azureus 2.4.0.2, I'm currently DL'ing a 2GB file that has 84(177) seeds and 495(1279) peers. My DL speed is hovering around 10-12KB/s.

This is on a public tracker/s. I am a member of a private tracker and usually get over 200KB/s with just a few seeds/peers. What could be causing this slowness? Do I need to change some settings?

My ISP is Comcast and my speed is 6 Mbps down and 384Kbps up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Odd1

edit: Sorry but the subject is supposed to read "slow download" not "upload". It's the download speed I'm having trouble with.

j0hn
04-16-2006, 06:14 PM
This is on a public tracker/s. I am a member of a private tracker and usually get over 200KB/s with just a few seeds/peers.
thats ur answer then.

if u get good speeds on private trackers, then ur settings are fine.
if its slow on public trackers, then its for that reason only.....its a public tracker.

i try not to use them at all now (where possible) as the amount of leeching and hit and running is unbelieveable!

odd1
04-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Got it!

Thanks, this is the first time I've used public trackers. I didn't realize that they were that slow. I thought that with hundreds of peers, I would max out my connection speed. WRONG!

I'll stick to Wild-Bytes and Bitsoup and try to get invites to the others that I want to join.

Thanks again.