PDA

View Full Version : New Doctor Who

StephG
04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Promising start, good storyline and acting. I think David Tennant will work out fine and make a good doctor.

pellos
04-16-2006, 10:14 PM
love to see this film! anyones knows when it will be realeased?

Chewie
04-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Heh, the only Dr Who I have seen since Tom Baker retired is the TVfilm (a bit dodgy) and the last episode on the last series.
I thought Chris wotsisface was excellent (as he has been in everything I've seen him in) but the storyline was typical BBC thrown-together-in-a-teabreak stuff.
Was a little perturbed that Dr Who couldn't get a door open no matter how he tried and then at the very end his assistant just ran into the room. Did the door just open for her?

Watched it last night with my youngest and a chinese take-away and was fairly impressed - looks like the writers spent their lunch-break on that one.
I thought it a ridiculous notion that so many humans were being kept with every known disease in order to make cures, but those cures could then just be sprayed on the diseased to cure them and that those cures actually could be passed on by touch... rendering the cures themselves unneeded.
Zoe Wannamaker's hair looked nice for a change. Her sudden change of heart at the end didn't sit right, though..

StephG
04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I think you may have over analyzed it.

sArA
04-17-2006, 04:21 PM

Yep, the joys of being older, wiser and more cynical eh Chewie?

I was one of the Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker gang too.....

Love the new series and will forgive the gaps in the plot, just because its Dr Who and they are as essential as wobbly scenery. :)

Barbarossa
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
It's a very cool program, and I love it, but I'm not convinced about the 45-minutes-per-episode format. I wasn't convinced about it during the last series either :(

Doctor Who is all about cliffhangers, and with this format, you don't really get enough. Love the light-heartedness though.

@Chewie, I think you have looked a bit too deeply at it. ;)

dodgy368
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Yep, the joys of being older, wiser and more cynical eh Chewie?

I was one of the Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker gang too.....

Love the new series and will forgive the gaps in the plot, just because its Dr Who and they are as essential as wobbly scenery. :)

Spot on sArA, exactly how I see Doctor Who and JP/TB were my favs.:D