PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Help?

kms1357
04-26-2003, 02:44 PM
hi im new to kazaa lite so this may sound a lil' dumb and im a kid so dont be suprised...i downloaded windows xp home edition today and i know all the operating systems are ISO which im pretty sure it means u need to put it on a cd first to use it rite? well the file's extention is .exe so i need tp extract that first and put wat was extracted on the cd or just the file itself with out extracting? plz help or tell me if i got something mixed up thanks everyone...

Wizzandabe
04-26-2003, 02:48 PM
if when you go to open the .exe and it says somethnig about 'this is not a valid win32 applaction' then you will need to rename the .exe to .iso

Kokanee
04-26-2003, 02:48 PM
kms1357,
You dont need to put it on a CD.......
Just extract the files and run the installer....I have the same one. Just get a key changer once your done and change the key and you can update to SP1 and any other updates you wish.

kms1357
04-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Wizzandabe@26 April 2003 - 14:48
if when you go to open the .exe and it says somethnig about 'this is not a valid win32 applaction' then you will need to rename the .exe to .iso
question-how do you change the extentions tho? :unsure: i head of doin this but i could neva figure out how...

KANADIANborn
04-27-2003, 03:33 AM
I was told :D to go to Control Panel>Folder Options>View>"uncheck"Hide Extensions For Known File Types.