PDA

View Full Version : Would you survive...

Seedler
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
a nuclear holocaust?

I probably would. No one cares enough to bomb Canadia.:cry:

maebach
04-18-2006, 11:51 PM
thats a good thing

Guillaume
04-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Don't think so. the building I live in is so badly constructed it'd certainly fall apart. I'd end with a coupla tons of rubble on my head.

Fun times.

That or the radioactive mutant-zombie rats or something. :ph34r:

tesco
04-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Probably.
Don't think they'd attack my town, kind of a waste of time it's so small. :unsure:

DorisInsinuate
04-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Probably not. It'd be a bit of a half arsed holocaust if they didn't kill everyone.

Cheese
04-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I would not as I live next to a naval base.

Canadians should not be so smug though as they will be eaten by radioactive merkin refugees fleeing north. And also, loads of merkins will try to escape nuclear fallout by fleeing to Mexico which will be kind of ironic. Don't you think?

vidcc
04-19-2006, 12:32 AM
With all the extra legs for KFC those that do make it won't go hungry

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/photostore2/MVC-893S.JPG

Seedler
04-19-2006, 02:15 AM
With all the extra legs for KFC those that do make it won't go hungry

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/photostore2/MVC-893S.JPG

lol.

6 legged chicken...that's 6 drumsticks from 1 chicken. yum:happy:

worldpease
04-19-2006, 06:30 AM
I would not survive, if someone gets angry with the US, the for shure will bomb
San Diego(California), there are pretty good militar bases there, and I live like 15 minutes from there.
The radiation would get me;
or do you thing I'd be down with the blast?

My only hope would be to get a warning and go south, to Cabos or something.

This is an exelent tread, me and my bro think about it very often.

GepperRankins
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
nah, i live to close to this pile of gay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menwith_Hill

thewizeard
04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
a nuclear holocaust?

I probably would. No one cares enough to bomb Canadia.:cry:

You might survive the nuclear holocaust..but would you survive the ensuing nuclear winter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Gripper
04-19-2006, 08:55 AM
I'd rather die in a blast of superheated gas than try to live and struggle the ensuing return to the ice age that would be coming.
It would be interesting to see how fast mankind reverted to a primitive state.

Barbarossa
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't want to survive, thanks. The sense of loss and despair would be too overwhelming.

I agree with Gripper.

Watch a film made in the 80's called "Threads", that'll really make you think about the futility of surviving a nuclear holocaust.

Guillaume
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Erm, have you looked at Wales lately? :unsure:

Gripper
04-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Erm, have you looked at Wales lately? :unsure:
Apparently the USA are invading them next year to liberate them and their vast coal and wool reserves
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/sheeple.jpg

"Ah promise you a life of freedom from oppression....as long as you do as you're told"

thewizeard
04-19-2006, 09:15 AM
reminds me of a quote from Gandhi, Gripper :)

When someone asked Gandhi what he thought of Western civilisation he replied..

"I think it would be a good idea.."

Gripper
04-19-2006, 09:24 AM
:wry:

DorisInsinuate
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
I was watching Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah yesterday. In the event of a nuclear blast irradiating any nearby animals we'd be all buggered up the arse.

Busyman™
04-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I'd be marked as one of the first ta go.

I live near Washington D.C., 10 miles away from AAFB , and not far NavSea in Indian Head, MD.

I'm a goner.:(

Funny I was discussing such a thing with wifey the other day.

I told her at the first inkling that we are being fired on to fuck off work or whereverthefuck and go west to a particular location (that I won't name)

Even I live where I live, I won't just give up..

Barbarossa
04-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I told her at the first inkling that we are being fired on to fuck off work or whereverthefuck and go west to a particular location (that I won't name)

:glag: That is tragic on so many levels :lookaroun

thewizeard
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
..stock up with iodine ..and if you are really concerned, volunteer for one of Bush's manned expeditions to Mars.

Cheese
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't want to survive, thanks. The sense of loss and despair would be too overwhelming.

I agree with Gripper.

Watch a film made in the 80's called "Threads", that'll really make you think about the futility of surviving a nuclear holocaust.

I watched this documentary called Mad Max and they seemed to be okay. It was just a bit dustier and Tina Turner was their queen.

Guillaume
04-19-2006, 12:59 PM

I agree with Gripper.

I watched this documentary called Mad Max and they seemed to be okay. It was just a bit dustier and Tina Turner was their queen.
Only problem was their neighbour, mr Humungus. He kept putting his stereo on full blast at ungodly hours.

Busyman™
04-19-2006, 01:08 PM

What, going west or that this was mentioned at all?:unsure:

Barbarossa
04-19-2006, 01:34 PM

The fact that you've got a secret nuclear holocaust survival strategy. :blink:

Busyman™
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM

The fact that you've got a secret nuclear holocaust survival strategy. :blink:
Oh so if I mentioned the place then it wouldn't be "tragic"?

I still fail to see the "tragedy".

Oh and :blink:

CortexRock
04-19-2006, 04:51 PM

About three days, if the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina is anything to go by. All those poor black folks struggling to survive, you'd think the US Government would've done something to help... but of course they were too busy helping those nice clean white folk who pay taxes, vote Republican and do as they're told.

Seedler
04-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I'd probably go in the next nearest grocery store and bar it up.

And I'll bring hot chicks along with good comps for LAN parties.

Cheers.

Tempestv
04-20-2006, 07:15 AM
if the goal is to distroy the American Nuke stockpile, I am toast. otherwise, I am safe. If Montana were to become a sovereign nation (don't push us, it could happen, there are some crazies here, http://www.rickross.com/reference/militia/militia74.html ), we would be the 4th largest nuclear superpower in the world. of course far worse would be if yellowstone blew. supposeably it is over due to blow, and the last time it went off, it left six foot of ash in the fossil record in Pennsylvania. If that went off, Bozeman would probably no longer exist. I guess that is better than getting buried in six foot of ash.

Barbarossa
04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
if the goal is to distroy the American Nuke stockpile, I am toast. otherwise, I am safe. If Montana were to become a sovereign nation (don't push us, it could happen, there are some crazies here, http://www.rickross.com/reference/militia/militia74.html ), we would be the 4th largest nuclear superpower in the world. of course far worse would be if yellowstone blew. supposeably it is over due to blow, and the last time it went off, it left six foot of ash in the fossil record in Pennsylvania. If that went off, Bozeman would probably no longer exist. I guess that is better than getting buried in six foot of ash.

Meh. I'm 6 foot 3 inches, so I'd probably be just about OK. :unsure:

thewizeard
04-20-2006, 09:11 AM

..can't wait...I have read about that..and I believe that the whole "geographical" area is rising rapidly, as the magma seeks a way to release itself...and from Yellowstone, there will be no escape...if it blows...Leaving the most intelligent species, to rule the world...cockroches...

Seedler
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM

..can't wait...I have read about that..and I believe that the whole "geographical" area is rising rapidly, as the magma seeks a way to release itself...and from Yellowstone, there will be no escape...if it blows...Leaving the most intelligent species, to rule the world...cockroches...

lol...

right...

j2k4
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Probably.
Don't think they'd attack my town, kind of a waste of time it's so small. :unsure:

Mine's smaller than yours. :P

Seedler
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Probably.

where?

j2k4
04-20-2006, 08:49 PM

where?

Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on Lake Superior.

About 1900 people.

Busyman™
04-20-2006, 09:18 PM
j2 lives on a "compound".

On a side note, does anyone watch the HBO series, Big Love?

j2k4
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
j2 lives on a "compound".[/i]?

Only Kennedys and Italians live on "compounds".

I am German/Dutch.

Busyman™
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM

I am German/Dutch.
What's your acheruge?

j2k4
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM

I am German/Dutch.
What's your acheruge?

Assuming you mean "acreage", about 1/8.

I live in the village, whereas I used to live alongside it.

I'm looking at a high, dry 10 acre parcel outside the village that's rather noice. :)

Busyman™
04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
What's your acheruge?

Assuming you mean "acreage", about 1/8.

I live in the village, whereas I used to live alongside it.

I'm looking at a high, dry 10 acre parcel outside the village that's rather noice. :)
1/8?:huh:

Shit I thought you lived on some typa large farm area judging from your topless pic with clocker.

10 acres would be quite noice. What would you do with it?
Hunt?
Put in full-court basketball?
Make it the designated family reunion spot?

I have a 1/2 acre and like more but property is at a premium 'round deez parts 'round here and 'round yonder.

Fucking housing developments with HOAs are sprouting up everywhere.

You'll pass by and a sign'll say "Site Plan" or "Hearing" and then you know what's a comin'.

Not only that, the houses are big but have a shit backyard....and they have to pay $100+ a month HOA fee.

Fuck that.:dry:

From the low $600's my ass. WTF is low about even a halfa-mill let alone $600,000?:huh:

All they are doing is fucking up my property taxes. I don't intend to leave unless I hit the Powerball, Mega-Millions, or some other shit jumps off (which is more likely).

j2k4
04-20-2006, 11:44 PM
10 acres isn't really enough to get crazy with.

Nice house, nice setback, trees for cover, circle-drive, like that.

A few outbuildings.

A guest-house for the impromptu visits from internet buddies.

Enough room for some fireworks.

Space, y'know? ;)

Seedler
04-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Are you a local warlord/landlord?

manker
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM

I am German/Dutch.
What's your acheruge?

Assuming you mean "acreage", about 1/8.How in a wonderous wide world of mesomorphic midget meanderings did you know what the feck he meant :huh:

Seedler
04-21-2006, 11:21 AM
What's your acheruge?

Assuming you mean "acreage", about 1/8.wonderous wide world of mesomorphic midget meanderings

:lol:

j2k4
04-21-2006, 08:01 PM

Just a regular Lord.

manker-

It's one thing to speak ebonics, another entirely to spell.

Plus I imagined him assaying my vulnerability to his massed weaponry should he decide to attack.

thewizeard
04-22-2006, 06:23 AM

I am German/Dutch.

I can hardly believe the Dutch connection ... So you are a Democrat...right?..

yelloweyes
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
no way not in this place
mmmmmmmm......maybe i should start building that shelter:cry:

j2k4
04-22-2006, 02:06 PM

I am German/Dutch.

I can hardly believe the Dutch connection ... So you are a Democrat...right?..

No, Dutch in fact, but in practice, more "Dutch" like Ronald Reagan. :)

j2k4
04-22-2006, 02:09 PM
no way not in this place

Not trying to frighten you, but you can't build a shelter against Busyman.

He has throwing stars. :P

Seedler
04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
no way not in this place

Not trying to frighten you, but you can't build a shelter against Busyman.

He has throwing stars. :P

ninja powa!

Busyman™
04-30-2006, 04:13 AM

Just a regular Lord.

manker-

It's one thing to speak ebonics, another entirely to spell.

Plus I imagined him assaying my vulnerability to his massed weaponry should he decide to attack.
Yeah I shoulda said acherudge for others who can't sownd it owt.

You gawt it doh. Good man.

Busyman™
04-30-2006, 04:34 AM
10 acres isn't really enough to get crazy with.

Nice house, nice setback, trees for cover, circle-drive, like that.

A few outbuildings.

A guest-house for the impromptu visits from internet buddies.

Enough room for some fireworks.

Space, y'know? ;)
Yeah I plan on putting a wraparound (not circle) driveway in later this year. I'll start with gravel and then do the asphalt when I get enough money. It's almost a safety issue. I live on a busy countryfied street and want to back in so I don't have to back out.
My driveway (double-wide long) fits 8-cars but I don't like doing 3-point turns to keep from backing out. I turn my car around in the street and back in.
If I had the wraparound, I could fit more cars when I have company and could just go in front ways and not have to back out. Right now extra cars have to park next to the street in the grass. I don't have a sidewalk and they aren't really parking the yard.

The only way I could do 10 acres is to move down south. I have some shared land down there with another relative. I might take the big money from here and move down there and live comfortably for retirement, who knows.

I'd like to make my house bigger but won't do shit 'till after Aug. '08. I have a feeling we are in for a long strike. Folks are going to be pulling money of out of their 401K's in July, that's for sure.

If I had 10 acres up here, the property taxes alone would kill me.

....and my land might get taken just so some fuck could put a development on it. :dry: