PDA

View Full Version : New Tool album ~~10,000 Days~~

mr. nails
04-01-2006, 11:13 PM
be on the look out for tools new album cum May 2nd, 2006.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3395/xmdaysminiart0gz.th.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmdaysminiart0gz.jpg)
Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

lee551
04-02-2006, 01:31 AM
:w00t: i'm excited because i have no idea what to expect.

cpt_azad
04-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Should be good...but then again.....

Adster
04-02-2006, 01:14 PM
cannot wait but let me gues they wil delay it again

Celerystalksme
04-05-2006, 03:32 PM
No other Tool album has gone this easily...i expect something will go wrong soon.

Adster
04-06-2006, 03:16 AM
yeah be may 2008 lol

on the other hand cant wait

muchspl3
04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
anyone got it yet, its ok if anyone needs it pm me I have it uploaded to a server

TOOL have announced the final track listing of their new album, "10,000 Days", due on May 2 via Volcano. The 77-minute, 11-song prog-metal odyssey, which is said to be "packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the band's trademark, eerie interludes" (according to Kerrang! magazine), is the follow-up to 2001's "Lateralus", which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 2.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"10,000 Days" track listing:

01. Vicarious
02. Jambi
03. Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
04. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
05. The Pot
06. Lipan Conjuring
07. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
08. Rosetta Stoned
09. Intension
10. Right In Two
11. Viginti Tres

muchspl3
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
no tool fans, wow
music crew sure does suck now-a-days :( this used to be more active than the lounge
for shame!

lee551
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
i got Vicarious somewhere on the net and it sounds good.

other than that i can't comment. i haven't seen a release of it yet anywhere.

muchspl3
04-19-2006, 07:26 PM
it was leaked yesterday, then posted on oink
its in mp4 so you have to have a plug in to hear it in winamp or you can convert it yourself

mr. nails
04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
so, just got this in mp3 and listened to it. good album, but only like 2 tracks that jam. the other 9 tracks are just tools psycedelic sounds of ambience and stuff. lol, w0w! 11 min songs... not that good of an album, but it's tool and we'll have to deal with it.

muchspl3
04-19-2006, 08:15 PM
if you need this pm me I have it uploaded
2 week early leak lol

edit: tried to send it to ya mr. nails

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
mr. nails has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

mr. nails
04-20-2006, 05:07 AM
tried to send it to ya mr. nails
send what? the album? i already have it and in mp3 format. i prefer. also, enabled that cute pm option. lol.

cpt_azad
04-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Nice, will be downloading it when it hits TS, hopefully a good VBR version of it comes out.

muchspl3
04-20-2006, 06:04 AM
tried to send it to ya mr. nails
send what? the album? i already have it and in mp3 format. i prefer. also, enabled that cute pm option. lol.
every version out now is from the leaked m4a rip
its cool if you don't know (or care) what a transcode is, since its already in mp3 format.....
just so you know

mr. nails
04-20-2006, 09:43 AM
its cool if you don't know (or care) what a transcode is, since its already in mp3 format.....
i'm sure they are, but m4a format are actually the audio layer of mpeg4 movies and if they were in mp3 they would say mp3 not m4a. so, i would had rather got the mp3 version and not have to worry about converting anything. besides, nero likes mp3 to wav better anywho...

back on subject... did u like the album at least?

did anyone like/dislike the album?

cpt_azad
04-21-2006, 02:56 AM
its cool if you don't know (or care) what a transcode is, since its already in mp3 format..... i'm sure they are, but m4a format are actually the audio layer of mpeg4 movies and if they were in mp3 they would say mp3 not m4a. so, i would had rather got the mp3 version and not have to worry about converting anything. besides, nero likes mp3 to wav better anywho...

It was alright, I needed something new to get me through the long stretch until Come What May and Slayer's new album comes out. Fuck I can't wait for those album, also the concerts too :D, SS and Slayer better bring their asses to Vancouver or I'm gonna have to hurt someone.

But ya overall, good CD, songs weren't all that great (relative to the other Tool stuff b4 this), like I said, needed something new so for me it's a breath of fresh air. Tired of listening to old songs over and over again, what's with the Rock&Roll/Metal scene man, not enough albums coming out lately geez. The last "good" album was like way back in November ffs.

lee551
04-21-2006, 04:53 AM
i'm sure they are, but m4a format are actually the audio layer of mpeg4 movies and if they were in mp3 they would say mp3 not m4a. so, i would had rather got the mp3 version and not have to worry about converting anything. besides, nero likes mp3 to wav better anywho...

It was alright, I needed something new to get me through the long stretch until Come What May and Slayer's new album comes out. Fuck I can't wait for those album, also the concerts too :D, SS and Slayer better bring their asses to Vancouver or I'm gonna have to hurt someone.

But ya overall, good CD, songs weren't all that great (relative to the other Tool stuff b4 this), like I said, needed something new so for me it's a breath of fresh air. Tired of listening to old songs over and over again, what's with the Rock&Roll/Metal scene man, not enough albums coming out lately geez. The last "good" album was like way back in November ffs.

there's always great new stuff out there. it depends on how hard you look.

cpt_azad
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM

there's always great new stuff out there. it depends on how hard you look.

I don't look hard enough :(

Celerystalksme
04-22-2006, 02:16 AM
no tool fans, wow
music crew sure does suck now-a-days :( this used to be more active than the lounge
for shame!

Ouch, some of us have more important things than talking about music 24/7, like trying to pass university. Im downloading it now, i havent really been paying attention to what music is coming out...that way i always get pleasantly suprised.

Liverpool to kill Chelsea tomorrow morning *Aus Time*...off to start drinking even though the game doesnt start for 14 hours =D (i finished my uni work for the week =p)

thewizeard
04-22-2006, 06:07 AM
...lol celery you mean... you are busy hacking into the neighbours wifi connection...so you can talk about music :)

Celerystalksme
04-22-2006, 06:11 AM
caught out =p

Damnatory
04-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Not heard the album just yet, was waiting for it to hit stores, as I actually prefer to pay for TOOL albums.

It REALLY sad though, the album is due for retail release on May 2nd, and they are sceduled for a concert in my city on the 11th, but the concert tickets opened for sale today for $66 each, and sold out in 3 minutes!!! Fucking scalpers, buying up all the tickets to get rich on...

muchspl3
04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Not heard the album just yet, was waiting for it to hit stores, as I actually prefer to pay for TOOL albums.

It REALLY sad though, the album is due for retail release on May 2nd, and they are sceduled for a concert in my city on the 11th, but the concert tickets opened for sale today for $66 each, and sold out in 3 minutes!!! Fucking scalpers, buying up all the tickets to get rich on...
I wasn't going to talk about this but I tried to get tickets at the dallas show, ~200 miles away so I could actually goto the show, I was on ticket master and f5'ing at 10:00 pm central (when they went on sale) and at 10:00 I tried to get 2 tickets best available and it searched and nothing, it sold out instantly, fucking crazy

on a whim I tried to get tickets to the Kansas show, got 2 doing the same thing I did for the Dallas show, ended up getting balcony GA, I can't goto this show, but plan on ebay'ing them, all the 399.99 buy it nows are gone that were placed today, I wouldn't be surprised if I get 500 for 2 tickets :stars:
I would have tried to get Seattle tickets if I knew they would sell for ~780+ shipping :stars: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TOOL-Tickets-5-2-Paramount-Theatre-Seattle-WA_W0QQitemZ6623849422QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that shit is crazy & I would love to see them but I can't drive that far and I'm out of work now and really need the money..

mr. nails
04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
lol, i'm a major tool fan, but even i know tool tickets don't cost $400 a piece. pretty stupid. their music is good, but they do not put on a good show. been there; done that. so, ur gay if u pay that. gl hf.

muchspl3
04-23-2006, 05:19 PM
face value is 66.66 lol

chojin
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Not heard the new CD yet, have seen them live 3 times

Stink Fist is my fav song

cpt_azad
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
lol, i'm a major tool fan, but even i know tool tickets don't cost $400 a piece. pretty stupid. their music is good, but they do not put on a good show. been there; done that. so, ur gay if u pay that. gl hf.
Ya, their live performances aren't that great at all, I can't believe people would pay that much, but hey if you have the money and are willing to then go for it.

I could think of a hundred different things that you could put that 500+ towards.

edit: oh and they're only coming to Toronto as of now for the Canadian tour (some tour lol), so I'm not going either way, come to think of it why would I. 60 bucks for a lackluster live show aint worth it...unless there are some good bands that go on before them.

Celerystalksme
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Well they wont be coming to Australia for a while and i hope im back in a major city so i can see them live...it would be awsome.

I think the new tool album is awsome, wasn't what i expected, but it was better. I've bought all their other albums & i will definately buy this one.

Damnatory
04-26-2006, 06:36 AM
I'm a huge Tool fan, but so far I'm not impressed with this album... Of course I wasn't impressed with Lateralus at first either... Something I've learned about Tool is that their music has to grow on you. It took a few times through Lateralus before I appreciated it for what it's worth, but now I think it's amazing. I'm really hoping the same to be true for the new album. :(

cpt_azad
04-26-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm a huge Tool fan, but so far I'm not impressed with this album... Of course I wasn't impressed with Lateralus at first either... Something I've learned about Tool is that their music has to grow on you. It took a few times through Lateralus before I appreciated it for what it's worth, but now I think it's amazing. I'm really hoping the same to be true for the new album. :(
Same, I'm actually just beginning to like it (hopefully will appreciate it sooner or later, I"m guessing lol).

Same thing with me and almost any album. I fucking hated Hypnotize when I first heard it, had to listen to it a couple of times (not forced mind you, listen to it at random or you know just turn on when I'm doing homework or something, let it work into me in a subdued way, not blatant).

I guess you can say that with any album (all three Slipknot albums [MFKR, Self titled, Volume 3], hated it at first, couldn't live without [still true now] after the first month of listening, except Iowa and 9.0, I still kinda don't like Iowa, and 9.0 was by far the worst editing job dont to a CD ever).

The only, and I mean the only albums that didn't require multiple repeats to get me hooked were:

-And Justice For All
-Kill em All
-Master of Puppets
-Allstar Session (Roadrunner United) --> some crappy songs on there, but overall good
-Iron Maiden (self titled)
-Out of Exile
-Stone Sour
-Toxicity
-Mesmerize

"Honorable mention":

Hybrid Theory + Meteora --> exact opposite happened here, loved it at first, bored with it after 2 weeks or so, still good while it lasted I won't lie there.

lee551
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
i was just checking out last.fm's top charts.

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/2953/toptracks9af.jpg

'vicarious' jumps 493 spots in a week to number 1. 'jambi' and 'the pot' enter the charts in the top 10. :lol: it's cool that everyone still rocks tool.

cpt_azad
04-27-2006, 05:03 AM
Wow, that's awesome.