PDA

View Full Version : newzbin.com, are they honest?

Broken
04-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Any body here done busniess with www.newzbin.com?
Are they honest? In the form did they over bill you, keep you info safe?

From what I've seen thier site can't be matched when it comes to nbz files, and I'm willing to pay if I can get some thumbs up from the good people here.

Thanks.

MultiForce
04-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Same here.

Want to hear ALL the good parts and why it's better than other free sites.

untraceable2
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
i use them and never had a problem, you choose how much credit you want (25p GBP a week).
If you can't find what your looking for on there you won't find it as they index every newsgroup going.

MultiForce
04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
....they index every newsgroup going.

THAT is a good reason :w00t:

GrantM
04-20-2006, 07:20 PM
newzbin are excellent cant say a bad word about them. well worth the 25p a week.

mwag
04-21-2006, 02:00 AM
I've been using them for a couple months now and I have definitely gotten most of my nzbs thru them. so far no problems with the payments. I don't know many others to compare it to, so it's the best in my book right now.

DrSteve
04-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Look pretty damm cheap. ABout $2.00/month in the USA. Wonder if there are free services similar on the net!?

GrantM
04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
http://www.binsearch.info/ is a very good site aswell and they are free. Not as good as newzbin though.

waggy
04-23-2006, 03:35 PM
cant go wront with newzbin, had no probs with them. If you need help theres usually an admin active on their irc chan as well.

nless00
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
newzbin not being honest? whoa! I being use them for long time and reason I keep coming back to newzbin because is organize and easy to find what you looking for, and has huge database... but I do use other nzb index site....

Freewolf
04-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Long time newzbin user here as well. Still have about 9 months or so left on my current sub and I will renew as long as they are around.

james_bond_rulez
04-27-2006, 01:59 AM
i'd say it's a very good bang for your money. I am an editor on newzbin and we get very good training organizing the posts there. So you are only getting quality data streams.

Also we have a variety of content other than the usual games movies music.

a large library of ebooks, TV, anime, consoles, PDA, XXX is also available for your everyday digital needs.

Cheers

Jimi...
04-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Been using Newzbin for over a year now and I've never had a problem with, plus I've only ever noticed their website to be down once due to one of their routers failing.

The only quibble I've got with them is a lot of the editors use tvrage.com, I much prefer tv.com.

Boogieman117
04-27-2006, 04:51 AM
I use Newzbin to 'borrow' their indexing service, then find the poster's name then head to alt.binaries.nl and manually find and create the NZB.

Jimi...
04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I use Newzbin to 'borrow' their indexing service, then find the poster's name then head to alt.binaries.nl and manually find and create the NZB.

Why?

james_bond_rulez
04-27-2006, 01:11 PM

Why?

cuz he doesn't have to sift through thousands of articles to find it, saves time

Jimi...
04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
But why use Newzbin to find an article and then go to another website just to create the NZB when he can do that in Newzbin? Just doesn't make any sense.

james_bond_rulez
04-28-2006, 05:13 PM
But why use Newzbin to find an article and then go to another website just to create the NZB when he can do that in Newzbin? Just doesn't make any sense.

u can, newzbin just charges money to organize everything for you

u have a choice not to use it

cheyanna1
04-29-2006, 12:30 AM
they're good when it comes to nzbs as for them being good to the editors tho they arent, i know lol i was an editor there once:ph34r:

Fromagepas
04-30-2006, 10:47 AM
What's the security like, e.g. Credit Card / bank details, do they keep records of which foiles you access?

james_bond_rulez
04-30-2006, 12:20 PM
What's the security like, e.g. Credit Card / bank details, do they keep records of which foiles you access?

even if the fed has a list of nzb files you've downloaded from newzbin, they still can't pin you for copyright infrigement because all you have is a file that says where the files are. They have no proof that you have the files.

It's like you've downloaded a torrent file, which is really useless until all the files have been downloaded by your bt client.

How to Pay
Newzbin are able to accept most standard credit and debit cards, with the current notable exceptions of American Express and Discover (we'll look into these in the future), and some of the virtual 'one-time-use' cards issued by PayPal and some banks. You can try using those cards, but if they don't work, sorry.
Credit cards generally have a start date and expiry date, but no issue number. Leave the issue number blank for these cards.
Debit cards generally have a start date and issue number, but no expiry date. Leave the expiry date as MM/YYYY (the default) if you do not have an expiry date. You must enter the issue number.
The CVV / CSC number is required for all cards. If your card does not have one, we cannot currently accept it for security reasons. Information about where to find the CVV / CSC number can be found at http://www.freemerchant.com/info/cvvinfo/cvv.html (external link, not operated by Newzbin).

Security
Newzbin uses a certified SSL key to encrypt communications between you and our site. Ensure that the URL starts https://www.newzbin.com when you are making a payment. If you are using an insecure URL when you start to make a payment, you will be automatically changed to a secure one. (you can also use https for browsing the entire site, not just payments)
None of your card details are stored on our systems, at all, ever. They are not written to disk, even in a temporary file; they are only stored in memory for the amount of time it takes to get a response from the bank (saying accepted or declined).
This process happens on a machine that is not directly connected to the Internet; it uses a secure proxy (owned and operated by us, on the Newzbin network) to get a route to the processing bank. No other machine outside the Newzbin network has any way to open a connection back to this machine.

The only place you should enter your card details is on the secure card processing form. The URL to this form is 'https://www.newzbin.com/secure/card/*transaction_id*' where transaction_id is a unique reference for every payment.
Verify that the URL looks like this when you are making a payment.
The transaction_id will always be of the form 1140462791-882559-46904 (3 numbers, separated by hyphens).
NEVER type your card number into an email or private message to anyone on the Newzbin site, even if they ask you to!
Genuine Newzbin staff will never ask you for these details.

zakoutlaw
05-03-2006, 01:06 PM
has any one had trouble downloading nzb files from this site everytime i try to download a nzb it says internet explorer was enable to open internet site.
the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. please try again later. its doing my head in, i am a premium member and ive had this problem for a few days now ive turned off my firewall and i still get the message does anyone else have this probelm or had it before please help

garretparker
05-05-2006, 03:24 AM
i used them for a while, they are good

South
05-15-2006, 04:18 AM
I've used that site for a couple months now and never had any problems, always up to date and complete.

Broken
05-16-2006, 02:05 AM
I've tried them.
They have VERY good content. Billed properly and promtly.
Very happy

Boogieman117
05-16-2006, 03:15 AM
I use NewzBin to find what I want, then just remember the alt.blah blah where it is and the poster, and search using alt.biniaries2.nl (sp?). Or just search the poster/post info in NewsLeecher.

k2bug
05-16-2006, 01:46 PM
i use them and never had a problem, you choose how much credit you want (25p GBP a week).
If you can't find what your looking for on there you won't find it as they index every newsgroup going.

i use them there great, but have to disagree a little bit i have found stuff not on there listing posted elsewhere in other places.

BassKozz
05-16-2006, 03:32 PM
i use them there great, but have to disagree a little bit i have found stuff not on there listing posted elsewhere in other places.
Elsewhere ?
Is there a list of sites to get NZB's somewhere ?

DrSteve
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
I use NewzBin to find what I want, then just remember the alt.blah blah where it is and the poster, and search using alt.biniaries2.nl (sp?). Or just search the poster/post info in NewsLeecher.

Could you be a bit more specific, with links and just what you are talking about?

Thanks

k2bug
05-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Elsewhere ?
Is there a list of sites to get NZB's somewhere ?

yeah here http://www.indeklit.nl but i only found one or 2 decent ones http://merlins-portal.net/ & http://nzbassie.mine.nu/

TOKIT
05-27-2006, 01:38 PM
right now the question is academic - they are taking no new members - possibly for some time to come

romedundun
05-29-2006, 09:34 AM
i used to buy credit from newzbin.. but now binsearch.info is the one i use primarily now.

just_carl
05-29-2006, 09:54 AM
well i was signed upto binnews.com but cancelled (to expensive) they forgot to remove my account its now a freebie<< gud word lol... i see whats out on there then search the filenames in rss.binsearch.net/ does the job ;)

WHiKWiRE
06-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks for all the info gents/gals.