PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Vs Irc

gaun
04-26-2003, 09:10 PM
ive just downloaded irc today and have got a few files off it, seems pretty good not as simple by a long way but has loads o files, just wondering what you guys that have used it more thought about it?

Jibbler
04-26-2003, 09:15 PM
IRC is much better, hands down. The connections are faster, new files are readily available, and the community is always willing to help. In addition, people actually know what they are sharing. Here in Kazaaland, no one shares files with the .nfo's, so you have to guess at the quality of the files you are downloading.

With Kazaa, there is virtually nothing to learn, just enter text and hit search. However, there are tons of fake files, slow users, and tons of re-encodes. The files are not readily available on the network, especially movies, so users are constantly having to "convert" from .avi to .mpg etc... On IRC, you just download exactly what you want.

If you are looking for some files with little effort, choose Kazaa. If you want 0day rips, fast movies, and no shortage of sources, use IRC. B)

gaun
04-26-2003, 09:17 PM
wow good reply, is there no fake files on irc? im gettin final destination 2dvdscrxvid-dvl anyone know if this is real?

Jibbler
04-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by gaun@26 April 2003 - 17:17
wow good reply, is there no fake files on irc? im gettin final destination 2dvdscrxvid-dvl anyone know if this is real?
Its been years since I downloaded a fake from IRC. When I did, it was part of an April Fools joke that hadn't been taken down. I'm sure that file is real, Final Destination 2 was released on p2p a while back.

gaun
04-26-2003, 09:38 PM
cool cheers, can u also tell me why sometimes when i paste the text in to download and hit enter nothing happens?

Russ The Dude
04-26-2003, 11:30 PM
I've seen a few things about this IRC but don't know what it is. It sounds good though. Can someone tell me how to join in on this bit of action?
Do i need to go somewhere and download a program etc???

[email protected]

Cheers guys!

Jibbler
04-26-2003, 11:33 PM
You don't get speeds like this in Kazaa, eMule, or anything on the fasttrack network. :)
http://home.nycap.rr.com/jibworld/irc_speed.jpg

scribblec
04-26-2003, 11:35 PM
irc is way too confusing
thats why
kazaas better
but if u want something like irc but not as confusing may i recomend bittorrent
but if youre a leacher stay away

SAS
04-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Can you post a link Pls...
All I get when I search in goggle is IRC internet chat...
That’s no right is it...
Regards
SAS :ph34r:

Jibbler
04-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by SAS@26 April 2003 - 20:08
Can you post a link Pls...
All I get when I search in goggle is IRC internet chat...

What you need is an IRC client, or a program that allows you to access the IRC network. Try here. (http://www.mirc.com) :)

Schmiggy_JK23
04-27-2003, 12:10 AM
irc is easy, with the flood of sites like packetnews, ircyspy, etc... even noobs can do it.

it was hard back in the day, fserves, and what, but now, its cake.

nice connection jibby, whats ur max down speed for ur cable?

minds only 768 down, ;) , so usually my max is like 75kB/s

Jibbler
04-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@26 April 2003 - 20:10
irc is easy, with the flood of sites like packetnews, ircyspy, etc... even noobs can do it.

it was hard back in the day, fserves, and what, but now, its cake.

nice connection jibby, whats ur max down speed for ur cable?

minds only 768 down, ;) , so usually my max is like 75kB/s
Hard to say really. The cable company quoted me the standard 768 down too. When I test the actual speed fed from a DS3 (45mbps), it comes back much higher. I just did a test here. (http://www.dslreports.com) Here are the results:

Your download speed : 1167358 bps, or 1167 kbps.
A 142.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Normally its higher than this, but I have Kazaa and IRC running right now. With no filesharing programs running, i'm around 1400 or so.

My advice is to tip the installer before he installs your cable modem. :) ;)

sk8punk151
04-27-2003, 12:46 AM
IRC is by far better then kazaa. IRC gets everything first. It didnt even take long for me to learn the commands and such either. It took like a week.

teopoh
04-27-2003, 02:37 AM
me use urc for 2 week now but the queue make me sick sometime need to wait for a day before download start can anyone help?? or tips on speeding up download speed and faster queue ;)

xbiggy69
04-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Guys I have been using irc for ages and I really like it for chatting, but since I stopped that sh*t a long time ago I haven't been using it... ANd the servers have changed alot I have noticed, so can anyone, who is using irc for downloads, give me a good server and the channel that you get files off of it please :D

sk8punk151
04-27-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by xbiggy69@27 April 2003 - 03:51
Guys I have been using irc for ages and I really like it for chatting, but since I stopped that sh*t a long time ago I haven't been using it... ANd the servers have changed alot I have noticed, so can anyone, who is using irc for downloads, give me a good server and the channel that you get files off of it please :D
IRCspy (http://www.ircspy.com)

xbiggy69
04-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Thanks sk8punk151..
But I have one question...
is there a possibility that I get a fake file ?

Stonecoldfreak1
04-27-2003, 03:57 AM
yeah but that is about a 5% chance... like theres one matrix reloaded on there that someone forgot to take off it was an aporil fools joke

infamousalbo101
04-27-2003, 05:11 AM
I USED TO DO IRC LIKE ALL THOSE SCRITS AND STUFF LIKE EXCURSION INVISION ALL THOSE BUT WHO KNOW HOW MANY VIRUSES CAME WITH IT EVEN WIT NORTON RUNNING PEOPLE WERE HACKING MY COMP SO I HAVENT WENT BACK SINCE :angry: :angry: :angry: fucking IRC:BACKDOOR BULLSHIT IRC:FLOOD IRC:ZBACKNETS fIREDAEMON LL THESE GAY VIRUSES I REACOMEND NOOO

sk8punk151
04-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101@27 April 2003 - 06:11
I USED TO DO IRC LIKE ALL THOSE SCRITS AND STUFF LIKE EXCURSION INVISION ALL THOSE BUT WHO KNOW HOW MANY VIRUSES CAME WITH IT EVEN WIT NORTON RUNNING PEOPLE WERE HACKING MY COMP SO I HAVENT WENT BACK SINCE :angry: :angry: :angry: fucking IRC:BACKDOOR BULLSHIT IRC:FLOOD IRC:ZBACKNETS fIREDAEMON LL THESE GAY VIRUSES I REACOMEND NOOO
I can guarantee you, you have a 90% better chance of getting a virus on kazaa then you do on IRC. I am sure you have a virus from kazaa right now that you arent even aware of.

I HIGLY suggest using irc for big files rather then kazaa, but if u want to download a simple song or image then use kazaa. Its just the bigger files come through faster on IRC and most likely dont have a virus

gaun
04-27-2003, 06:35 AM
just woke up afta leaving some files to dwnld of irc to find not one has completed. final destination 2 just seem to of stopped3/4 of the way thru. anybody tell me why?

Schmiggy_JK23
04-27-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler@26 April 2003 - 19:31
Hard to say really. The cable company quoted me the standard 768 down too. When I test the actual speed fed from a DS3 (45mbps), it comes back much higher. I just did a test here. (http://www.dslreports.com) Here are the results:

Your download speed : 1167358 bps, or 1167 kbps.
A 142.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Normally its higher than this, but I have Kazaa and IRC running right now. With no filesharing programs running, i'm around 1400 or so.

My advice is to tip the installer before he installs your cable modem. :) ;)
Jebus... I got the shaft... hell i mighta gave him a bj for rates like that... j/k... you didnt did you??? hehehe... much love..

But in all seriousness, those are damn fine rates, double in theory, what you should be getting... maybe your pipeline from the cable co isnt as full as mine, say in your neighborhood, etc, and when its not running at max... they let individuals take more of the pipe maybe?

Dapadipz
04-27-2003, 11:34 AM
how do i download using mIRC after i do /list what do i do to download movies?

Crack_man
04-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dapadipz@27 April 2003 - 13:34
how do i download using mIRC after i do /list what do i do to download movies?
Here is some info on how to use mIRC to download stuff with.
using mIRC (http://www.ircspy.com/guides.asp)

Jibbler
04-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@27 April 2003 - 02:58
But in all seriousness, those are damn fine rates, double in theory, what you should be getting... maybe your pipeline from the cable co isnt as full as mine, say in your neighborhood, etc, and when its not running at max... they let individuals take more of the pipe maybe?
Just keep in mind, cable is based upon a network. Once the amount of users overcomes the amount of available bandwidth, then your IP has to add another server and re-distribute the network traffic. Where I live puts me close to the hub of all this madness. So everytime there is a new server added, I get moved to it. This is nothing more than geographical luck.

My cable guy replaced everything. He replaced the drop wire from the pole to the house, gave me all new inside wiring, and even brought me a choice of modems to see which was most reliable. I have some experience with this, since I've been a broadband subscriber for about 7 years. After it was all done, my connection speed was perfect. Sure wish they would give me full upload bandwidth, then I'd be impressed. Greasing the palms of your installer is always key, but you need to do it before the service, not after. :)

Dapadipz
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Here is some info on how to use mIRC to download stuff with.
using mIRC

thanks crackman :D

callum
04-30-2003, 10:56 PM
I've been using packetseek it is like kazaa but on the irc network. Its avaliable from www.packetseek.com .

aNiZeGuy
05-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by gaun@26 April 2003 - 22:17
what server r u on?

gaun
05-06-2003, 03:28 PM
look how old these posts are dude i started this ages ago dunno y its suddenly at the top?