PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV.org open for signup

raspberry1331
04-18-2006, 08:49 AM
be quick, BitMeTV is a bit below its 22 000 user cap, signup is open!

EDIT: not any more, 22 000 reached again...

j0hn
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
damnit :(

buddy
04-18-2006, 01:10 PM
grr.. it had to happen when i was not near my comp!!

Flym
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Damn it! Too late...

bigjoe75
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah i got in.lol.

04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
blitz!

AllMusic
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Damn it! Too late...
BitMeTV are very strict about hit & runners & cheaters. If you cheat, the guy who gave you the invitation is penalised and your downloads treated as his, giving him a worse ratio. 3 strikes and he's out.

BitMeTV invites are not given out lightly.

Best bet is to make the signup page your home page. You should manage to get in on your own before too long.

james_bond_rulez
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
what a joke, u guys are actually lining for private trackers when there is open usenet u can leech all u want

wut a bunch of dumbfucks

crackula
04-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Slept on it :(

AllMusic
04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
what a joke, u guys are actually lining for private trackers when there is open usenet u can leech all u want

wut a bunch of dumbfucks
You're the dummy if you don't know that private trackers have lots of files that don't make it to usenet. :no2:

Usenet is great, it's a leechers delight, but it's not the be all and end all of downloading.

(nice troll btw)

james_bond_rulez
04-18-2006, 11:20 PM

wut a bunch of dumbfucks
You're the dummy if you don't know that private trackers have lots of files that don't make it to usenet. :no2:

Usenet is great, it's a leechers delight, but it's not the be all and end all of downloading.

(nice troll btw)

ya ya that's wut u say for all the stuff out there, soulseek, private trackers, emule or whatnot, fact is, it's not accessible to anybody who wants the files, and that is not the spirit of p2p, my nigger.

content wise, usenet and irc are the two biggest source of files anywhere, BT is just feeding off of usenet and irc channels.

u want to talk about content? usenet pwns ur little private tracker

AllMusic
04-18-2006, 11:55 PM
content wise, usenet and irc are the two biggest source of files anywhere, BT is just feeding off of usenet and irc channels.
Where do you think the X-Files flood came from in a.b.multimedia? Yup, BT private tracker.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Where do you think the X-Files flood came from in a.b.multimedia? Yup, BT private tracker.

dude, where do u suppose release groups would dump their releases at?

answer seems pretty obvious...

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 12:05 AM
I didn't want to get involved in this little argument, but are you honestly saying BT gets files from usenet and irc? Because that is absolutely not true. The best private trackers get the files straight from the scene, at worst a few hours after they are released, and at best a few minutes after. So in reality most private BT trackers feed off the scene, and Usenet and IRC feed of the private BT trackers. Because the majority of the people with access to the new stuff don't want it to get out.

I mean I'm sure Usenet is great, but don't talk about BT feeding off of Usenet. And some people don't want to pay for their stuff and be limited to whatever is on Usenet.

AllMusic
04-19-2006, 12:06 AM

not scene releases, private caps by BT users.

and btw BT has scene releases hours before they appear on usenet.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
"Because the majority of the people with access to the new stuff don't want it to get out."

explain the logic in that, why don't people want to get it out?

of course they want to get it out to as many people as possible. And the fastest way to do that is either by uploading it to usenet (since downloading it is a lot faster than bt), or the irc channels for the users to be put on trackers

release groups compete to get their releases out faster, so it doesn't make any sense if they "don't want to get it out".

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 12:34 AM
The scene hates p2p. The scene releases for the scene itself, they don't want other people getting their hands on it because it can compromise the security of the entire scene it self.

RiPPER.......... : DONT SHARE THIS S*** ON BITTORENT NGS, or ANY OTHER LAME Peer Crap

http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php?page=nfo&id=61088

The people who upload to BT and Newsgroups are people in the scene that are taking these releases and spreading against the wishes of the scene. If you were on any big private BT tracker in the past few months you could have seen how pissed they really get. They hack web sites, post IP's of uploaders, and basically attempt to bring sites to the ground.

and a big F*** YOU to all torrent uploaders, why dont you see the light, if you have
scene access why the f*** do you need to upload? and risk the security of the whole scene
This isn't just torrent uploaders though. This is everyone in the scene who uploads the files somewhere else.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 12:38 AM

not scene releases, private caps by BT users.

and btw BT has scene releases hours before they appear on usenet.

ya, that's for people who are too stupid to use irc and usenet

usenet and irc channels have dominated p2p long before bt was at its infancy

and to say that usenet and irc feed off bt, is simply stupid.

Releases always travel from fast to slow sources. it's risky for release groups to put out files on servers that can be tracked, such as a bt tracker or xdcc feed. On the contrary, usenet gave them a mean of anonymity.

have u read the nfo's on newzbin lately? release grps telling newzbin to fuck off because they charge people money to download nzbs? they've risked a great deal to put out stuff on usenet and they are pissed newzbin is benefiting from it.

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 12:45 AM

answer seems pretty obvious...They have private FTP dumps. For use only by them. If they wanted you to have the files they would make a much bigger effort. Basically, all p2p users steal from the scene because the scene works by everyone working together. You get access to it by being able to offer something in return. On p2p all you have to do is download something. You aren't forced to contribute anything to the scene, you just take what you want. That's why the scene hates p2p.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM

answer seems pretty obvious...They have private FTP dumps. For use only by them. If they wanted you to have the files they would make a much bigger effort. Basically, all p2p users steal from the scene because the scene works by everyone working together. You get access to it by being able to offer something in return. On p2p all you have to do is download something. You aren't forced to contribute anything to the scene, you just take what you want. That's why the scene hates p2p.

steal from the scene? and they got their material from?

didn't seem fair to just keep the stolen good amongst themselves

the entire point of p2p is unconditional sharing, if u can't follow the p2p code, u can go to hell.

Ya, sure they are pissed, but do i care?

usenet still pwns

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah that's the point they steal from other people, but only want it to themselves. If it worked it would be perfect. An underground ring where everyone contributes. That's the problem when people put their stuff elsewhere.

There is a difference between what the scene does and p2p. They don't follow the same code.

And it doesn't matter that you don't care does it? Was that the point of this? Was this thread ever even about usenet? Did anyone say a thing about usenet before you came in here? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure this thread is about a bit torrent tracker. Actually this entire forum is about bit torrent. Oh yeah that's right! So why don't you post about how great usenet is in the newsgroups forum? Sound like a plan?

And seriously, you don't need to say 'u', 'ya', 'pwns'. There are actual words that you could use instead.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah that's the point they steal from other people, but only want it to themselves. If it worked it would be perfect. An underground ring where everyone contributes. That's the problem when people put their stuff elsewhere.

There is a difference between what the scene does and p2p. They don't follow the same code.

And it doesn't matter that you don't care does it? Was that the point of this? Was this thread ever even about usenet? Did anyone say a thing about usenet before you came in here? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure this thread is about a bit torrent tracker. Actually this entire forum is about bit torrent. Oh yeah that's right! So why don't you post about how great usenet is in the newsgroups forum? Sound like a plan?

And seriously, you don't need to say 'u', 'ya', 'pwns'. There are actual words that you could use instead.

As far as talking about how great usenet is on bt forum? I don't think i was talking about usenet entirely. There was a discussion about where the releases start out, i was merely following that discussion. If u can't tolerate my choice of words, u can kiss my ass

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 01:27 AM

wut a bunch of dumbfucksNot talking about usenet? What about your 3 or 4 other posts in here? Not talking about usenet either, right?

So you feel the need to call everyone here dumbf***s because they don't use usenet like you do? So people that don't use usenet are automatically dumbf***s? I mean this isn't even about usenet anymore. Get over yourself. You aren't a fucking god because you use usenet.

rzsexeh
04-19-2006, 01:44 AM

As far as talking about how great usenet is on bt forum? I don't think i was talking about usenet entirely. There was a discussion about where the releases start out, i was merely following that discussion. If u can't tolerate my choice of words, u can kiss my ass

The maturity of some people in this forum is astounding. Seriously I doubt people would want to hear the opinion of an infant.

rzsexeh
04-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Good night..

delimare
04-19-2006, 02:48 AM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4673/arguingonline9xu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

It doesn't matter where we get our material from, we're all petty thieves in the end.

happicat
04-19-2006, 04:41 AM
yeah i got in.lol.

I'll bet you got my membership, Joe. I got kicked off because I joined without knowing I'd need to port forward, and when I tried to our router got messed up, and then it turned out our cable modem was out and we had been using our neighbor's through the router without knowing it! It took too long to get it fixed so they kicked me off for having a negative ratio. So enjoy it!! LOL

Omicrontheta
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Yep, BitMeTV invites are much harder to come by these days after they changed the rule to only power users can have invites.

lotus360
04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
my friend just invited me to bitmetv, it took him a long time to trust me. after spending weeks getting my ratio up on other sites he FINALLY sent me an invite. :) it was so worth it.;)

Pego
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
my friend just invited me to bitmetv, it took him a long time to trust me. after spending weeks getting my ratio up on other sites he FINALLY sent me an invite. :) it was so worth it.;)

I take my Bitmetv invites very seriously. You will only get one if i know you in real life. Your friend is right to be cautious.

muchspl3
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
anyone got a ftp dump I can get a password too?

maminoodles
04-19-2006, 10:01 PM
BitMeTV are very strict about hit & runners & cheaters. If you cheat, the guy who gave you the invitation is penalised and your downloads treated as his, giving him a worse ratio. 3 strikes and he's out.

Best bet is to make the signup page your home page. You should manage to get in on your own before too long.

OT: Now that you mentioned it, is it just BitMe that implements this kind of penalty or do other private trackers do so as well?

silent h3ro
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM

wut a bunch of dumbfucksNot every one wants to dish out money every month for usenet (or arent old enough). Dumbfuck.

ilikechikin
04-19-2006, 10:36 PM

OT: Now that you mentioned it, is it just BitMe that implements this kind of penalty or do other private trackers do so as well?Almost all trackers have some kind of policy, I just think that BitMeTV is a little stricter about it. That is the same for the better (not necesarrily better) sites like ScT, BitMe, BitMeTV, etc. Just be careful with who you invite because they always lead right back to you. You don't want to risk getting in trouble because of the actions of someone else.

happicat
04-20-2006, 12:01 AM

What other sites? Every site you need an invite, and can't get an invite without proving you have a good record on another site!! So how do you get to your first site??! I'm so sad I lost my BitMeTV because of stupid tech problems :(

ilikechikin
04-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Well there are some good starter sites. I recommend some that are open for signup, such as http://bitsoup.org, http://ilovetorrents.com, or http://revolutiontt.org. Establish yourself by getting a good ratio, with a substantial amount uploaded or downloaded (power user is always nice). Once you get that first site, it becomes much easier for you. Everyone has to start somewhere.

happicat
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks!

lotus360
04-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Well there are some good starter sites. I recommend some that are open for signup, such as http://bitsoup.org, http://ilovetorrents.com, or http://revolutiontt.org. Establish yourself by getting a good ratio, with a substantial amount uploaded or downloaded (power user is always nice). Once you get that first site, it becomes much easier for you. Everyone has to start somewhere.

GOOD SITES

A.L. - has freuquent open signups
Demonoid - has freuquent open signups
Torrent-Damage - has freuquent open signups
Super Torents.org/.net - arent as strict, people just give away invites

delimare
04-24-2006, 03:20 AM
I just checked and was able to sign up not more than 5 minutes ago. Just FYI.

Edit: Wow, that ended just as quick as it started. It appears to be closed once more.

maradonah
04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I hadn't got this chance
hoping to repeat as soon as possible.

hoedown
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
What the hell is with that security code..

it was open for a minute so i registered, but got error with wrong security number.

i must be stupid, but what numbers are in caps etc, since im doing something wrong here

tnemeth
07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah, would love to get in to bitmetv, been in bitme for quite a while now and absolutely love it.