PDA

View Full Version : Exactly what are invites?

elkinm
04-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Never noticed this part of the board before.

I am just wondering what kind of sites have invites. There is a list in a sticky, but it doesn't tell me what torrents I can find.

Do invite sites have more torrents or better torrents.

I would like to find some hard to find files which usually means that they are old or in another language. Are these sites better for this or am I looking for something else.

Piyush Singh
04-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Sites having invites are private torrent trackers,in which members post torrents exclusively for the benefit of a private group of members.Entry is by invite only,though some do open for public signups intermittently.
Your ratio there is monitored unlike public trackers & if it falls below a mandatory figure,you are warned.If u do not heed to the warning & make an effort to upload,you are booted out.
Obviously to keep their ratios healthy,members try to post exclusive & latest torrents.These torrents do however eventually seep down to public trackers.
So you might just find those hard to find files there.
Just remember if you like downloading a torrent & running off without seeeding for a while,these are not for you.

elkinm
04-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks.
What is the typical share requirement. I share my torrents to 3x or more unless they are obscenely large. I still go above 1x.

Is that enough or do I need to wait for more bandwidth.

Piyush Singh
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that is fair enough.
Happy hunting for invites then :-)

j0hn
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Sites having invites are private torrent trackers,in which members post torrents exclusively for the benefit of a private group of members.Entry is by invite only,though some do open for public signups intermittently.
Your ratio there is monitored unlike public trackers & if it falls below a mandatory figure,you are warned.If u do not heed to the warning & make an effort to upload,you are booted out.
Obviously to keep their ratios healthy,members try to post exclusive & latest torrents.These torrents do however eventually seep down to public trackers.
So you might just find those hard to find files there.
Just remember if you like downloading a torrent & running off without seeeding for a while,these are not for you.
i couldnt have wrote that better myself, well said.

Thanks.
What is the typical share requirement. I share my torrents to 3x or more unless they are obscenely large. I still go above 1x.

Is that enough or do I need to wait for more bandwidth.
thats a share ratio of 3.0, most sites expect only 1.0 (send back the same amount u receive).

forty9er
04-25-2006, 12:17 AM
hey elkinm,
if you need an invite to a great private tracker, send me your email in a pm. I will hook you up with torrentleech.