PDA

View Full Version : Dupes?

visionaryone
04-24-2006, 07:30 AM
I have noticed that there are quite a few dupes where people aren't searching before posting especially in Movies. Should we report Dupes to a certain admin? :)

RealitY
04-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Use the report button...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/buttons/report.gif

mikeco
04-24-2006, 08:07 AM
most of the time there different rips/groups tho :P

would be better if rossco made a better search script than the VB 1 that sucks.

visionaryone
04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
most of the time there different rips/groups tho :P

would be better if rossco made a better search script than the VB 1 that sucks.

You'd be suprised :P A script to filter reposts would be good :D

Athlon64
04-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah I've seen a few of them. What I basicly do is I delete them! :) MUAHAHAHHA. Anyhoo if any are seen send them my way or use the report button like RealitY said. Make sure it's really a dupe though ;)

visionaryone
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Anyhoo if any are seen send them my way

Will do! :lookaroun

Chewie
04-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I define a dupe NZB as one for the exact same post, not for the same release posted at a different time or in different group etc.
I'm not so sure about deleting those 'second post' NZBs.

I would say that if an NZB for a second post comes 30 or so days after the initial post it would be perfectly fine to let them overlap.

I'm not sure if I've made that very clear.

tesco
04-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Just hit the report button and let us know it's a dupe, so whatever mod is online can take care of it.

Welcome to the site BTW and I see you're very active already. :) Good to see.

edit: And what chewie said makes sense. I'd only consider it a dupe if it's the exact same upload.

visionaryone
04-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Just hit the report button and let us know it's a dupe, so whatever mod is online can take care of it.

Welcome to the site BTW and I see you're very active already. :) Good to see.

edit: And what chewie said makes sense. I'd only consider it a dupe if it's the exact same upload.

Ya i consider a Dupe exactly that an exact same NZB post slightly renamed. A post 30 days later of course is different coz of retention.

Oh and it's a pleasure to post when i've got the chance. :D

Damnatory
04-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Same here, I rarely trash any threads in NZB sections due to the fact that most may be the same movie, just a different release, and different qualities respectively.

But yes, every once in a while I do get PM's from people who have accidently double posted, or posted without searching for that release.

As stated just hit the report button, or PM one of us, and we'll take care of it pronto. :D

btw: Welcome to the board!

james_bond_rulez
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
meh