PDA

View Full Version : Video Framerate Convertion Software.

Wolfmight
04-26-2006, 04:18 PM
What's the best software I can use to convert the framerate of some of my videos. I'm looking to convert a 10.0fps video to 23.976 fps video. I found something called Framerate Convertor HQ, but it has a 2gb filesize limit (wha..? :huh: ). It's obviously crap, because uncompressed video is huge. I need software without a bloody size limit. :lookaroun

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

100%
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
i use virtualdub unless its a .mov, .wmv

Wolfmight
04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
i use virtualdub unless its a .mov, .wmv
what do you click to process the video after setting the new frame rate? I couldn't find a "GO" or "Start" button anywhere. I tried Save to AVI, but it doesn't process the framerate settings though. (or does it?)

Appzalien
04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Virtual dub is a little tricky here. As you have probably noticed when you bring up the framerate window it is divided into 3 sections, the top and bottom sections are used together and the middle section is used by itself. There is a warning in the top section that if you change the framerate the audio will go out of sync so first try the middle section and enter Process all frames 23.976. It would be best to keep both the audio and video in Direct Stream mode so no actual processing of the video is done and it will be quicker. Then go to File save as avi and give it a name like test.avi and run it then check to see if the audio stays in sync and the video is not too choppy. If the audio is out of sync by the same amount begining and end, reload the test.avi and select Direct Stream for video and Audio but under the audio section open the Interleaving section. In Interleaving what you basically are doing is sliding the audio forward or backwards by delaying the audio (1000 = 1sec delay or slide to the right -1000 = 1sec delay or sliding to the left) I may have that backwards, it can be confusing but if you find a good spot in the video (door slams, gun shot) its alot easier to figure out how many seconds your off than watching someone talk. Save as avi and check, readjust, overwrite the test.avi file until you get it right. If the video comes out all choppy then you'll have to use the top and bottom sections. In the bottom select reconstruct from fields adaptive and at the top enter 23.976 in the change to window. Use interleaving to fix the audio.

Because I have never seen, let alone converted, a 10frms/sec file, I'm not sure its even possible with V Dub. You may want to look for a tutorial on VideoHelp.com on converting camera video to common frame rates.

try looking here h**p://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;63

orcutt989
04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I gave up when trying to do this. I had The Two Towers on my computer split up into 2 separate files, and I wanted to join them, but they were of different frame rates, and I just about pulled all my hair out trying to find a successfull way to join them. I ended up just deleting them in rage.