PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update

KANADIANborn
04-27-2003, 04:06 AM
Is this because I'm using an OS I've gotten off of kazaa? My automatic updater "alerts" me to updates for SP1 and such (even though I don't have SP1 installed yet), when I try to use the website updater "Scan for Updates" 0% complete and hangs there... :huh:

WinXP Pro and a cable connection is what I use.

BTW If this has been posted before, my bad. Just link the article/post please. (I know how use the search function. Just not 100% sure on what to search for, wording that is :D )

accat13
04-27-2003, 04:14 AM
I've had the same problem goto internet properties...connections..lan settings..uncheck "automatically detect settings" and click ok... This worked for me I did a google search and found it..Are you from CAN. where abouts..I'm T.O. B)

KANADIANborn
04-27-2003, 04:32 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks accat :) Me, I'm from the Barrie area.

(Shitty 'bout the Leafs, eh :( but it was better than watching the usual Leafs/Sens 1st round :lol: )

accat13
04-27-2003, 04:43 AM
The Buds seemed to have a better chance at winning the Masters then the Stanley cup :( They all have more golf equipment than hockey equipment :D I always update my XP manualy it has an bad habit of repeating this problem for some strange reason.