PDA

View Full Version : newsdemon?

UsenetGuy
04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has used them? they look really good and says they dont throttle or cap your downloads on the unlimited account no matter how much you download.

If you could please say how much you have downloaded, if they cap/throttle etc. I will probably be buying a usenet account in july and want to find a truely unlimited account thats very reliable, so far newshosting is the best ive found.

They also accept paypal :D

mesaman
04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
NewsDemon is a reseller of NewsHosting, it will be similar in retention and completion.
Otherwise I don't know about reliability.

mikeco
04-28-2006, 02:46 AM
isnt newshosting cheaper?

im sure they will allow u to use paypal as they dont realy give a shit how u pay as long as they get the money :happy:

try sending them a email about it.:cry:

rzsexeh
04-28-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm using them right now...unlimited for 17.99. You get 4 connections instead of 8 but they told me on live chat (24/7) that they are planning on increasing them soon. Retention seems to be around 35 days. Had some luck above 40 but not a lot. They say on their home page retention is up to 55 days so you can guess, it differs from group to group but as I said 30-35 days seems to be the norm. Unlike usenet.com whose retention was around 20 days. Completion is very good and the speed it's always maxing out my 2mb so don't really know about higher speeds.

P.s If i was you I would go with newshosting. THey accept 6-months or 12-months with paypal. Just contact their sales department. They are cheaper, offer more connection and the retention is 35 days on paper but I have tried some groups on 40-50 days and they work. Great service

UsenetGuy
04-29-2006, 07:29 PM
NewsDemon is a reseller of NewsHosting, it will be similar in retention and completion.
Otherwise I don't know about reliability.

I heard they were a reseller of newshosting too but I have just confirmed its not true. I have got this info from their support:

Q: Are you a reseller of newshosting?
A: No, we are not a reseller of newshosting.

Q: Is your unlimited plan truely unlimited?
A: Yes, We provide our service truely unlimited with the unlimited packages and also we reset your bandwidth for every 15-minutes for unlimited users. We are providing unlimited speed for every customer.

Q: How many newsgroups do you carry?
A: We have the ability to offer over 100,000 groups.But Presently we are offering 50,000 groups Sorry for inconvenince.

Q: Do you record what customers download?
A: No, We do not record any downloads of any customer.

They look like a good usenet provider and I will probably signup with them in a few months. I have also emailed newshosting with some similar questions but have yet to recieve a reply, newsdemon support is much quicker + they have 24/7 live support.

stock12
04-30-2006, 05:16 AM
I signed up with newsdemon a few days ago, and although this is the first newsgroup site I have signed up for it seems to be very good. The speeds are the fastest speeds I have ever download anything at. And I have had no problems with completion.

james_bond_rulez
04-30-2006, 01:31 PM
i saw somebody selling newshosting accounts on ebay for only half if you buy from newshosting...

can't remember url, but i think you can type "usenet" to find it...

UsenetGuy
04-30-2006, 02:57 PM
You mean this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unlimited-access-to-usenet-for-1-year-GREAT-DEAL-INSID_W0QQitemZ9719691439QQcategoryZ193QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought an item from him at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9511857771&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

He told me he couldnt sell it because someone threatened to report him to ebay because he was selling access to copyrighted material and its against the newshosting policy to sell an account.

WHAT A LIER!! He just didnt want to sell it because it whent for $1.82, He could have just said that instead of lying. This guy should be banned from eBay. Also if he thinks is is a leet trader, he is wrong.

Edit: These are pictures of the messages he sent me:
Pic 1: http://www.dansmedia.com/eBay/1337trader-lier.PNG
Pic 2: http://www.dansmedia.com/eBay/1337trader-lier-2.PNG

james_bond_rulez
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah, from what i read from the original listing he did put stuff that would seem infringing on the copy protected material, maybe he did got reported.

"Usenet not only exchanges texts but also binary data such as the latest movies, games, music, ebooks, and other premium content and software that you can get at a fraction of what they cost"

I don't see that in the new listing.

just out of curiosity, did you get your money back?

UsenetGuy
04-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah he refunded $1.86 CAD but PayPal took $0.62 CAD from it.

UsenetGuy
04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I just got a reply from newshosting after a day since I sent them the email. Their support is crap, they did not even properly read my email(they did not answer the two main questions I asked.

e.g I asked Do you accept PayPal? What details would I need to give in the payment.

Their answer: Yes we accept paypal

RealitY
05-02-2006, 06:52 AM
If your still having an issue with NewsHosting we could contact them for you and perhaps get it resolved. They have always been very good about any issues that have come up. Cant recall how you go about paying them with PayPal although could check into it. I do recall that if you want the site here to get credit for the referral when you signup with PayPal you have to let them know to credit account a51500 for the refferal...

UsenetGuy
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
If your still having an issue with NewsHosting we could contact them for you and perhaps get it resolved. They have always been very good about any issues that have come up. Cant recall how you go about paying them with PayPal although could check into it. I do recall that if you want the site here to get credit for the referral when you signup with PayPal you have to let them know to credit account a51500 for the refferal...

They seem to be the best around (unlimited on gignews is not really unlimited) so I will probably buy a usenet account from them in july.

I also found out how to pay by paypal, I found a post by totalwar with this info:

NewsHosting will accept PayPal payment for 6 and 12 month accounts for both Limited and Unlimited accounts.

PayPal payments can be made to [email protected] .
All PayPal payments MUST be made in USD. PayPal will calculate this for you.

Please supply the following info with your payment:

NEW ACCOUNTS:
Name:
Address (Street):
Address (City):
Address (State):
Address (Zip):
Phone:
Desired Username:
Alt Username:
Email Address:
Account Type: (Unlimited / 60GB Limited)
Rate Length: (6 / 12 months)

When your payment and info is received I will send you an e-mail with account info.

CURRENT ACCOUNTS:
Customer ID # (NEWSxxxxx):
Account Name:
Account username:

RealitY
05-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Small addition...

NEW ACCOUNTS:
Name:
Address (Street):
Address (City):
Address (State):
Address (Zip):
Phone:
Desired Username:
Alt Username:
Email Address:
Account Type: (Unlimited / 60GB Limited)
Rate Length: (6 / 12 months)
Refferal Account: FileSharingTalk.com a51500 :) :)

UsenetGuy
05-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll be sure to add the filesharingtalk code when I order. What is an Alt username though?

RealitY
05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I'll be sure to add the filesharingtalk code when I order. What is an Alt username though?
Most likely a nick you use...

UsenetGuy
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Just signed up for a test account on newsdemon. Speed is excellent im gonna checkout the completion now. Anyone interested in geting a test account should go to http://www.newsdemon.com/support/index.php?department=6&subject=Create+A+Test+Account

RealitY
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Not sure what the point is when you can get the same service at NewsHosting for less...

UsenetGuy
05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow the completion is excellent. I will most likely go with newshosting though because it has more groups + cheaper.

gamer4eva
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM
im gonna check newsdemon out to it takes paypal yaaaay

UsenetGuy
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I have just finished trying newsdemon and newshosting and these are what I have found.

Newsdemon:
Better looking control panel (makes the newshosting cp look like crap)
Much faster support, get a reply in minutes (straight away with live support)
ALOT more posts in alt.binaries.cd.image
Maxed out my 1Mbit connection in 4 seconds using one connection
More payment options (paypal is actually listed on the site)
Allow you to pay in UK or US currency

NewsHosting:
Control panel is ugly
Not very good support (had to wait a day for a reply)
Less posts/retention than newsdemon
Port 119 was crap(50KB/s max)
Port 7000 was good (Maxed out my connection with 8 connections)

I would rather go with newsdemon than newshosting.

UsenetGuy
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Forgot to say. Anyone looking for a test account with newsdemon just click the link on this page somewhere (I know I posted it) and for newshosting just email them and ask for the test account info.

RealitY
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
They asked us about becoming an affilaiate before the program was fully ready.
We might consider taking a look into again and see how it looks...

UsenetGuy
05-04-2006, 06:05 PM

I think you should become an affiliate with them becuase alot of members would sign up because they accept paypal for 1 month accounts, newshosting only accepts paypal payments for 6 and 12 month accounts.

RealitY
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM

I think you should become an affiliate with them becuase alot of members would sign up because they accept paypal for 1 month accounts, newshosting only accepts paypal payments for 6 and 12 month accounts.
Would agree although still think NewsHosting is a better deal...