PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth problem

BawA
04-30-2006, 01:50 PM
hi guys
i have a USB bluetooth, every time few mins after starting windows the Bt Icon on taskbar disapears and windows cant detect it so i cant send or recive anything, from what i got i think windows is using Widcomm 1.3.2.7, same problem is there with my bro's pc with other Bt device pluged in so the problem cant be from the device.

anybody has simmiler problem?

lynx
04-30-2006, 05:14 PM
First thing to note is that your drivers are hopelessly out of date. I've seen reports of problems with version 1.4.2.10, going back over 18 months.

The bad news is that each OEM has a version license tied to their particular release of the hardware. So although the hardware and drivers may be exactly similar to those supplied by another OEM, you can't use them because they won't have a matching license file. For example you can't use the HP drivers with a Belkin bluetooth dongle.

Instead you have to hope that your OEM has kept it's licence up to date and therefore has the latest version. Since you haven't said what brand you've got I can't begin to tell you where to look. The Broadcom (owners of Widcomm) site doesn't supply drivers for exactly the same reason, but they have links to other sites here (http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_supportlinks.php) so look to see if yours is on there.

The alternative may be to switch to using Microsoft's drivers but that has had known problems, particularly with headsets, although they may have been resolved by now.

BawA
05-01-2006, 12:20 PM
what i got is a acer BT-700 dongle...
ive updated the Widcomm version to 1.4 and still the icon disapears as soon as windows startsup.
do you know anything alternative to use for transfering files.