PDA

View Full Version : How To Format?

Elvenmunky
05-02-2006, 06:01 PM
right i havent got a floppy disk drive and i want to format my hard drive, can someone give me a simple step-by-step guide please? (google sucks for learning how to format)...oh and ive got windows xp pro. cheers

Virtualbody1234
05-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Start up your PC with the CD in the drive. Boot from the CD (some computers require settings in the BIOS in order to boot from the CD ROM as the first device).

There are tools there to partition and format your drive(s) before the Windows setup starts.

Elvenmunky
05-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeh i have a SATA drive also but my windoews is on a seperate IDE drive and when i boot from the windows disk it goes stright to windows install, that repiar thing and quit setup...nothihng about partition/format. And also when i choose one of them options it says it cant detect a hard disk :s

Virtualbody1234
05-02-2006, 08:24 PM
If your Windows is already on the IDE drive and you only want to format the SATA drive then you can do so in Windows.

Turn off the PC, connect the drive and restart. Let the system bootup into Windows. Right click 'My Computer' and select Manage>Disk Management. Everything is there to Partition and Format your new drive.

gamer4eva
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
put in the disk after that u want to click on install windows xp then u press esc and it will go to a bit where u format. after that then install. thats how i do it.

Virtualbody1234
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
put in the disk after that u want to click on install windows xp then u press esc and it will go to a bit where u format. after that then install. thats how i do it.
If you want help or want to provide help then please use full words and punctuation. Thank you.