PDA

View Full Version : FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages : [1] 2 3

twisterX
05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
CLICK THIS LINK FOR ALL YOUR FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 - GERMANY INFO

Wikipedia FIFA 2006 - Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifa_world_cup_2006)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To find out scores of any game passed or live use the wikipedia link or type it into google.
EX "Germany vs Costa Rica" in google without quotes.

If that doesn't work put "World Cup Germany vs Costa Rica" without quotes.

Cheese
05-02-2006, 07:39 PM
I want England to win it but I don't think they will. I hope Brazil don't win it and I also don't want France, Germany or Holland to win it. Maybe, we can have a small team win it like what happened at Euro '04 if England get beated?

DorisInsinuate
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
The Brazil squad looks even stronger than it did in 2002.

I'm going to arbitrarily pick Togo being the surprise team this tournament.

manker
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
The Brazil squad looks even stronger than it did in 2002.To be fair tho', they only limped into the finals at the last possible moment and they looked as bad as they'd done for about 20 years at this stage (pre-tournament) four years ago.

Of course, they still won it :dabs:

Italy are still my tip. They always are and they always under perform. Still, I'm bound to be right eventually if I tip them every two years :fist:

Cheese
05-02-2006, 08:40 PM
If the WWE guys were writing this World Cup we'd see a final pitting the good guys USA against the might of the evil-doing Iran. USA would win (of course) after a botched run-in by North Korea and Cuba all carrying steel chairs.

Fromagepas
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I've got tickets for the WWE at Braehead, going with No 3 Son.

Nothing to do with the topic, I just know it annoys Cheebus.

maebach
05-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I hope Germany wins. I think Busyman, manker, or Peerzy make the 'OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2006' thread, with all the stadiums and schedule (like Busy did with the olympics)

Cheese
05-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I hope Germany wins. I think Busyman, manker, or Peerzy make the 'OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2006' thread, with all the stadiums and schedule (like Busy did with the olympics)
How about we don't make any ghey official threads and we just make threads about the World Cup as things come up that interest us?

And also, I might try and run some sort of predictions contest again, like the one I ran for Euro '04.

manker
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
How about we don't make any ghey official threads and we just make threads about the World Cup as things come up that interest us?

And also, I might try and run some sort of predictions contest again, like the one I ran for Euro '04.:lol: Git.

Was that the predictions thread that IKE sucked bawls in - or was it jetje who sucked badly.

Either way, Dutch people are pretty good when playing football but they don't seem to know too much about it.

That brings me onto another important point - this lad who plays football for the team I play for is the absolute pwnage at left back. Strong, quick in the tackle, excellent at set pieces and is probably the best athlete at the club. However, he isn't interested in watching or talking about football, just playing.

Sad really as it means he's a bit of an outcast and rumours that he is, in fact, gay never seem to go away :(

Barbarossa
05-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Maybe this year will be the turn of the "Perennial Underachievers" Spain to win it. :pinch:

Chip Monk
05-03-2006, 09:43 AM
[quote=maebach]I hope Germany wins. I think Busyman, manker, or Peerzy make the 'OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2006' thread, with all the stadiums and schedule (like Busy did with the olympics)
QUOTE]
What makes a thread "Official"?

Barbarossa
05-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Somebody puts "Official" in the thread title. :dabs:

Cheese
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM

Someone makes the thread about 18 to 64 months before the event/film release/game release and then when someone else has the audacity to make their own thread on the same topic (usually nearer the time) the original thread starter links them back to the first thread or, worse, bumps their own thread.

You see it a lot in Gameworld and Movieworld.

Fromagepas
05-03-2006, 07:06 PM
So, anyone can start an Official thread. Cool, I think I'll do that.

twisterX
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Official threads are so ghey. This was a big problem at some other boards and people then started including unofficial in the titles. :lol:

scribblec
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
holland to knock england out and then lose to brazil in the final

Cheese
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM

How do you reckon Turkey will do?

twisterX
05-05-2006, 02:34 AM
They did very good in 2002. I remember watching the South Korea - Turkey match.

They should do well this cup also.

dudevenezuela
05-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Brazil will win....

And Ivory Coast will be the big surprise

Cheese
05-05-2006, 07:16 AM

You don't reckon Turkey's failure to qualify for the tournament will be of any hindrance then?

DanB
05-05-2006, 05:28 PM

You don't reckon Turkey's failure to qualify for the tournament will be of any hindrance then?

:glag:

Fromagepas
05-05-2006, 07:16 PM
And Ivory Coast will be the big surprise
They shall field a team made up entirely of Women.

maebach
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM

:lol: :lol:

DorisInsinuate
05-05-2006, 11:40 PM

Lol, it's funny because Turkey are crap anyway.

twisterX
05-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Lol, it's funny because Turkey are crap anyway.

Is chicken better than turkey then? :P

:stars: Lol they didn't qualify. I havent looked at the stats.:whistling

scribblec
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM

there obviously were going to win it but decided at the last minute to give other countries a chance :cool:

manker
05-10-2006, 09:49 PM

there obviously were going to win it but decided at the last minute to give other countries a chance :cool:
Are we talking football - or an surreptitious, but international, competition concerning letching over blonde holiday-makers.

Formula1
05-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Brazil ftw!

twisterX
05-11-2006, 02:10 AM
I wish I could go to one of the games in Germany.

jetje
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
England has no chance at all. They're just a bunch of average players.
And a coach that doesn't know when it's over.
Germany wouldn't qualify if the had to play qualifying matches.
Nothing spectacular from the east this time.
The Dutch will go far but choke in the end, the africans are all trying to play 'european' an by doing that forget the funpart that's needed and where their actually strength lies in. The Brazilians will not survive the 1st round (surprise surprise!) Argentina and team USA will reach far also. But in the end i think Spain will be the big surprise this time. They're all great players in the team and i think they will play like one this year.

If Spain doesn't win it it will be Trinidad and Tobaco..... ! for sure!

jetje
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Kuyt will be the topscorer of the tournament btw....

(post made to cover up a double post) ....

Peerzy
05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
England has no chance at all. They're just a bunch of average players.

If anything it's oposite. A bunch of world class players who don't seem to click. Try and name a weak point in a fully fit England team, the keeper is maybe the only one who doesn't rank as world class.

Cole - One of the best left backs arround, very quick and good attacking.
Terry - Again one of the best CD's in the world.
Ferdinand - I would prefer Carragher but Sven likes Ferdinand, always looks lazy on the ball.
GN - World class, although slightly old., lack of backup worries me.
J. Cole - Made the LM his own now and his form recently has been amazing. Shades of Maradona with his goal against Man USA.
Lampard - One of the best AMC's in the game, stats wise he was the best player in the premiership this season.
Gerrard - Again one of the best MC's in the game, lacks Lampards goal touch but makes up for it with amazing defensive skills and the ability to play anywhere.
Beckham - Form is always good, one of the best free kick takers in the world and no matter what people say he's still our best MR. Lacks pace however.
Owen - Nearly a goal every other game at international level.
Rooney - The most promising young English player of recent years.

Our main issue is Lampard/Gerrard. I think Gerrard should sit and defend, it won't get the best out of him but it will get the best out of the team.

maebach
05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
how about
Gerrard = CDM
Lampard = CAM
Beckham = RM
Cole = LM

?????

DorisInsinuate
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Gerrard = CRM
Lampard = LDRM
Beckham = RFM
Cole = LMD

That's better.

DorisInsinuate
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I would have thought just playing in the World Cup would have made a player world class :unsure:

Beckham - Form is always good, one of the best free kick takers in the world and no matter what people say he's still our best MR. Lacks pace however.
Shaun Wright-Philips is more useful than Beckham, and Rooney is a cripple.

maebach
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Gerrard = CRM
Lampard = LDRM
Beckham = RFM
Cole = LMD

That's better.

I dont understand.

mine was:

Gerrard = CDM (centre defense mid)
Lampard = CAM(centre attacking midfield)
Beckham = RM(right mid)
Cole = LM(left mid)

Peerzy
05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I would have thought just playing in the World Cup would have made a player world class :unsure:

Shaun Wright-Philips is more useful than Beckham, and Rooney is a cripple.

Theres a SWP bandwagen, everyones jumping on:ermm:

Just because Beckham doesn't beat his man for pace and maybe isn't as good as he use to be, he's still miles better than SWP. Watching SWP for Chelsea has been dissapointing this season and when he's played for England he's done alright, but never given us an end product.

@maebach - Gerrard likes to get forward to much, so he won't stay and hold, plus Sven likes his flat 4-4-2's as much as he likes his women.

Oh and

Gerrard = CRM
Lampard = LDRM
Beckham = RFM
Cole = LMD

CRM = Center Right Midfield
LDRM = Left Defensive Right Midfield
RFM - Right Fucking Midfield
LMD = Left Midfield Defensor

maebach
05-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Gerrard likes to get forward to much, so he won't stay and hold, plus Sven likes his flat 4-4-2's as much as he likes his women.

that sucks. I dont get the women part :lookaroun

Peerzy
05-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Gerrard likes to get forward to much, so he won't stay and hold, plus Sven likes his flat 4-4-2's as much as he likes his women.

that sucks. I dont get the women part :lookaroun

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/1949097.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3924289.stm

DorisInsinuate
05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Just because Beckham doesn't beat his man for pace and maybe isn't as good as he use to be, he's still miles better than SWP. Watching SWP for Chelsea has been dissapointing this season and when he's played for England he's done alright, but never given us an end product.
Pfffft, Beckham doesn't have a beginning product.

scribblec
05-12-2006, 03:51 AM
england arent going anywhere this time, they have as much chance of winning the world cup as turkey and turkey arent even in it, they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and a 17 year old yet to play a premiership game, how can they expect to win when they are relying on lampard to score all the goals ? we all know that lampard and gerrard dont make the best partnership even though they are brilliant seperatly... and need i start on that twit of a player beckham?

BawA
05-12-2006, 05:46 AM
If the WWE guys were writing this World Cup we'd see a final pitting the good guys USA against the might of the evil-doing Iran. USA would win (of course) after a botched run-in by North Korea and Cuba all carrying steel chairs.

why u think US will win, didnt u see iran wining at France98.
anyway my 1st hope is argentine 2nd is italia but its more likely that brazil will win cuz as 'DorisInsinuate' said thier more power full then what they were, ronaldinio is at his top his almost single handeling the barca these days.

scribblec
05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
yea, what i wouldnt give to be the manager of brazil...

Ronaldo adriano
ronaldinho
Robinho Kaka
emerson
carlos lucio luisao cafu
Dida

just the thought of watching them all play on one pitch gets me excited :P

was looking forward to watching rooney play aswell, i have high admiration for him

Cheese
05-12-2006, 11:37 AM
anyway my 1st hope is argentine 2nd is italia but its more likely that brazil will win cuz as 'DorisInsinuate' said thier more power full then what they were, ronaldinio is at his top his almost single handeling the barca these days.

You're totally right, if you beat a team eight years ago you own their souls and they will never be able to beat you again.

DorisInsinuate
05-12-2006, 12:28 PM
... they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and ...
That's a bit harsh, Owen's had 7 goals in 11 appearences this season. I never really considered him a tall player though :unsure:

scribblec
05-12-2006, 03:35 PM
... they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and ...
That's a bit harsh, Owen's had 7 goals in 11 appearences this season. I never really considered him a tall player though :unsure:

was talking about crouch...:pinch:

owen is very unlikly to play and rooney is a certainty to be out

manker
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM

was talking about crouch...:pinch: :whoosh:

owen is very unlikly to play and rooney is a certainty to be outWhere the feck are you getting your information from.

Owen played for Newcastle over a week ago and will certainly play at least some part in the tournament and it's by no means certain that Rooney is out of the whole tournament.

Another thing is that you presume that England will play two strikers up front, they hardly ever do that, prefering instead to play Rooney just behind the lone striker as a link man, the most likely scenario to incorporate his ostensible absence is to play Joe Cole there instead.

Cheese
05-12-2006, 06:15 PM
was talking about crouch...:pinch: :whoosh:

owen is very unlikly to play and rooney is a certainty to be outWhere the feck are you getting your information from.

Owen played for Newcastle over a week ago and will certainly play at least some part in the tournament and it's by no means certain that Rooney is out of the whole tournament.

Another thing is that you presume that England will play two strikers up front, they hardly ever do that, prefering instead to play Rooney just behind the lone striker as a link man, the most likely scenario to incorporate his ostensible absence is to play Joe Cole there instead.

To be fair scrib is a girl so she can't be expected to talk too much sense about football. In case you've forgotten here is the football knowledge table:

1. People
2. Americans
3. Girls
4. Gays
5. Plants and small animals

Peerzy
05-12-2006, 07:46 PM
yea, what i wouldnt give to be the manager of brazil...

Ronaldo adriano
ronaldinho
Robinho Kaka
emerson
carlos lucio luisao cafu
Dida

just the thought of watching them all play on one pitch gets me excited :P

was looking forward to watching rooney play aswell, i have high admiration for him

No wingers and a midfield far too top heavy, they are beatable.

Robinho can't play on the left wing at all and by pushing Kaka out wide right you're pratically losing all of his creativeness. I think a better idea would be to play something more like this.

---------------Adriano--------------- <--Striker
--------Kaka-Ronaldinho-Robinho----- <-- 3 AMC's
------------------------------------ <--- 0 MC's
Carlos-------Emerson---DMC--------Cafu <--- 2 Wing backs for width and 2DMC's for protection when they go forward.
------------DC--------DC------------ <---- 2 DC's.

DMC could be Baptista (He's played almost all of his life as DMC/MC and only recently gone striker. The DC's personally should be Lucio and then one of Alex (PSV), Cris (Lyon) or Juan (Weder Bremen).

Cafu and Carlos to provide crossing width but not cut inside and to get back into a flat back 4 when they dont have the ball.

Also Dida's been having a shocking season and has already been warned but the Brazilian coach if he doesn't improve he won't be starting. That opens up the door for Julio Cesar from Inter.

Fromagepas
05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
What's this run DMC pish all about.

DorisInsinuate
05-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I think they run about without shoelaces on, regardless of the risk to their metatarsi.

DorisInsinuate
05-12-2006, 11:59 PM
:whoosh:

To be fair scrib is a girl so she can't be expected to talk too much sense about football. In case you've forgotten here is the football knowledge table:

1. People
2. Americans
3. Girls
4. Gays
5. Plants and small animals
At school we played football using jumpers for the left post and a tree for the right post, so it should be:

1. People
2. Plants
3. Girls
4. Gays
5. SAQs and IFDs

BawA
05-13-2006, 12:54 PM

You're totally right, if you beat a team eight years ago you own their souls and they will never be able to beat you again.
i didnt say that they wont win again i ment its possible for iran to win again u said of course US will win why is that, if they lost that time they can lose again.

Mr JP Fugley
05-13-2006, 01:56 PM
i didnt say that they wont win again i ment its possible for iran to win again u said of course US will win why is that, if they lost that time they can lose again.
There's no way Iran will win the World Cup, that's just pish.

BawA
05-13-2006, 02:02 PM
huh
who said iran will win the cup i was talking about iran Vs US

Peerzy
05-13-2006, 03:25 PM
BawA's lack of any sentence structure causes much confusion, I doubt he can understand himself at the best of times.

Mr JP Fugley
05-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Just the back of six.

Cheese
05-15-2006, 10:35 AM
huh
who said iran will win the cup i was talking about iran Vs US
I was making a joke. I invented a scenaro where the writers of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) would script the outcome of the World Cup. The joke was based partly upon the obvious American-bias of the writers of WWE (foreign wrestlers are usually portrayed as hating USA for instance), the "goodies vrs baddies" mentality, the numerous run-ins and the use of weapons like steel chairs.

So, of course, if WWE were scripting the World Cup then USA would win. Just like Hulk Hogan has defeated Sgt Slaughter when the sarge was representing Iraq, has defeated Mohammed Hussain when he was representing Arab-Americans* and has defeated any number of Canadian evil-doers.

So in conclusion, it was a joke and you're an idiot.

*Never did get the point of that guy. "Hey, I don't like the way Arabs are treated in this country, I think I'll go and wrestle some guys." :dabs:

maebach
05-15-2006, 03:42 PM
pwned :mellow:

GlennGlenn
05-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Brasil

bullseye2
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
germany

Celerystalksme
05-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Australia!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe no one has even mentioned them in the first 6 pages. Well seeing Kewell will be playing injured, Cahill will be playing injured, Aloisi is now injured...i think the curse is back again =(

i reckon we can make second round at least.

*edit* Hey, we've won every other sporting event pretty much.

Barbarossa
05-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Australia!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe no one has even mentioned them in the first 6 pages. Well seeing Kewell will be playing injured, Cahill will be playing injured, Aloisi is now injured...i think the curse is back again =(

The Ashes? :ermm:

I reckon Turkey are gonna knock you out anyway.

maebach
05-26-2006, 02:56 AM
in the video game, I was against Australia in the Final match. I won 4-0 with Germany :dry:

DanB
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Looks like Cisse has just broken his leg. .:(

Zidane did a Beckham and fell over while taking a penalty too. :glag:

rscrespo
06-08-2006, 10:31 PM
The image of cisse broking his leg is terrible .... i felt the pain for him .. poor guy ....

twisterX
06-09-2006, 02:18 AM
:w00t: First game is towmorro!!!

sankaK
06-09-2006, 06:04 AM
may peace be thy journey....

go jam!;)

scribblec
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Australia!!!!!!!!!!

the turkey jokes are getting old already...woopdidoo there not in the fucking tournament :angry:

twisterX
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Germany won against costa rica

DanB
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
4-2 with 2 cracking goals by the krauts

nanotek
06-09-2006, 06:52 PM
krautpower

maebach
06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
go gerries

Mr JP Fugley
06-09-2006, 07:20 PM

the turkey jokes are getting old already...woopdidoo there not in the fucking tournament :angry:
That's funny, you usually refer to Turkey as "we", not "there".

Formula1
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Ecuador defeated poland 2 - 0

This was indeed a great game, even much more enjoable than the germany vs costa rica game. I kep telling myself that Ecuador would defeat poland because this was a team that really worked hard to qualify. They defeated argentina and brazil in their qualifying groups!!!

Cheese
06-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Eng-ger-land!

Eng-ger-land!

Eng-ger-land!

Eng-ger-land!

Eng-ger-land!

/takes deep breath.

ENG-GER-LAND!

Formula1
06-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I think theres a good possibility they could tie with paraguay. what's paraguay's fifa ranking? Yes i know, fifa rankings dont mean shit.

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Ecuador defeated poland 2 - 0

This was indeed a great game, even much more enjoable than the germany vs costa rica game. I kep telling myself that Ecuador would defeat poland because this was a team that really worked hard to qualify. They defeated argentina and brazil in their qualifying groups!!!
Tho' to be fair 23 (or 24) of their 28 points came from home games. At 90,000 metres above sea level.

Cheese
06-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I think theres a good possibility they could tie with paraguay. what's paraguay's fifa ranking? Yes i know, fifa rankings dont mean shit.
FIFA rankings are a joke, even FIFA know that hence seeding England but not higher ranked teams like Mexico and USA.

For what it's worth Paraguay are ranked 33rd.

paul10
06-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Brasil - The Best of word -

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Brasil - The Best of word -
Good point, well presented.

Formula1
06-10-2006, 03:14 PM
England wins 1-0 . One player for paraguay nearly scored though. Anyway i knew England could win this match but not by a high margin. Lampard's strike could have become as amazing as Frings (german player) , if it made it to the back of the net.

nanotek
06-10-2006, 04:26 PM
lol so this is the best english team ever

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 04:51 PM
England wins 1-0 . One player for paraguay nearly scored though. Anyway i knew England could win this match but not by a high margin. Lampard's strike could have become as amazing as Frings (german player) , if it made it to the back of the net.
So, basically it would have been a great goal, if only he had scored.

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Every Engerland team is the best Engerland Team ever. I thought everyone knew that.

nanotek
06-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Every Engerland team is the best Engerland Team ever. I thought everyone knew that.

well im hearing that for the first time :lol:

Formula1
06-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Tobago and Trinidad 0-0 Sweden.

TnT put up a really good fight!

maebach
06-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Im so dissappointed in Sweden for tieing against T&T. tHEY should have won. 2 upsets in 2 days, god damn. . .

BawA
06-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Arg-civ 2-1

StephG
06-10-2006, 09:45 PM
It's good you Guys are posting the scores. How else would people know them?

It's not like it's the biggest sporting event in the World or anything.

Cheese
06-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Anyone know the score of the Argentina - Ivory Coast match?

BawA
06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
2-1 Argentina

Cheese
06-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Cheers, I've been looking everywhere to try and find that result.

DorisInsinuate
06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Ooh, well done Argentina. I'm gonna call someone in Argentina now, let them know the score, they've been waiting all day to find out how their country did.

BawA
06-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Ned-Srb 1-0
17' Arjen Robben

btw if u guys missed any of these matches u can download it from the TB, so far two last matches has been uploaded.

World.Cup.Group.C.Argentina.v.Ivory.Coast.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER (NEW!)
World.Cup.2006.Group.B.England.v.Paraguay.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER (NEW!)

1hr from now and its Mex-IRI(iran)

Formula1
06-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Ned 1 - 0 SMT (Serbia and Montenegro).

Mexico vs. Iran in 30 minutes!

And then Angola vs Portugal at 3 pm est.

Mr JP Fugley
06-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Anyone know the score of the Argentina - Ivory Coast match?
:no2:

BawA
06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
mexic v iran so far 1-1

DorisInsinuate
06-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh my god, I hope Mexico win. Fecking middle-asians :dry:

FreeDoom
06-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Portugal 01 X Angola 00

Portugal played not very well and Angola was agressive enough.
Luís Figo was the best player from Portugal and overall.
Joăo Ricardo was the best player from Angola.

Seedler
06-12-2006, 01:49 AM
mexico pwns Iran 3-1.:happy:

Seedler
06-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh my god, I hope Mexico win. Fecking middle-asians :dry:

RACIST!:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I don't like 'em "middle-asians" either so yah, fecking middle-asians.:happy:

twisterX
06-12-2006, 03:25 AM
You guys do know that you could like type the match in google and it will giove you the LIVE results. Also you could use wikipedia.

dodgy368
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Which group is Turkey in?

BawA
06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
who said turkey is playing?
they didnt make it to the mondial

manker
06-12-2006, 10:55 AM
who said turkey is playing?
they didnt make it to the mondial
Turkey knocked out Kurdistan in the third semi-final.

We're just trying to find out which group they're in.

Any idea?

Celerystalksme
06-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Time for the Aussies to stand up and be counted in an hours time.

GO BOYS!

manker
06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Is Beauchamp likely to be in the Aussie's starting line-up? I've got him in my fantasy football team :dabs:

DorisInsinuate
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Is Beauchamp likely to be in the Aussie's starting line-up? I've got him in my fantasy football team :dabs:
Didn't he retire this year? It's a shame, he was a fecking legend for Arsenal.

Peerzy
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Australia

* 01 M Schwarzer
* 02 L Neill
* 03 C Moore
* 05 J Culina
* 20 L Wilkshire
* 07 B Emerton
* 13 V Grella
* 23 M Bresciano
* 14 S Chipperfield
* 10 H Kewell
* 09 M Viduka

:unsure:

http://beheer.almererulez.nl/images/u/Dennis%20Bergkamp.JPG > http://www.a-league.com.au/_content/image/00001069-image.jpg

manker
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Denis Beauchamp isn't playing :(

Since when have Guus Hiddink's teams relied on kicking the fuck out of the opposition.

Japan look pretty good, technically, as they usually do and the Celtic lad looks head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch but I can't see Japan hanging onto this lead in the second half - the Aussies will muscle the ball into the net.

Even Kewell is trying :o

Adster
06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
HAHAH ref tried to cost us we won we won!! first ever goal first ever world cup win cant believe it!

BawA
06-12-2006, 03:01 PM
wtf just happen japan was in lead by one and took 3 in return, 2 goals in 2 min's :wtf: , well i guess this is common in Asian teams same thing happen to iran, they keep getting it once they get it.
ohh what the feck was wrong with Aus coach, he was pushing Jappanies Medic and dont know what happen to him after the 1st goal, he looked like he was gonna puke.
1-3 Aus

next USA v CZE

Busyman™
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
wtf just happen japan was in lead by one and took 3 in return, 2 goals in 2 min's :wtf: , well i guess this is common in Asian teams same thing happen to iran, they keep getting it once they get it.
ohh what the feck was wrong with Aus coach, he was pushing Jappanies Medic and dont know what happen to him after the 1st goal, he looked like he was gonna puke.
1-3 Aus

next USA v CZE
Why is it that the #5 world ranked team plays the number #3?

Shouldn't the #1 ranked team play the lowest ranked and so forth?

Barbarossa
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
FIFA world rankings are crap, and they know it. Hence the seedings for major competitions use a much more complicated algorithm that ensures that the countries with the most enthusiasm for the game get the higher priorities in the competition. :blink:

Or this happens:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeding_for_2006_FIFA_World_Cup

manker
06-12-2006, 03:53 PM
1-3 Aus

next USA v CZE

You're absolutely right ... if we were talking about tennis and not the group stage of a soccer competition.

Celerystalksme
06-12-2006, 03:55 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goes back to getting shytefaced!!!!

I have work tomorrow but going on passed Australian sporting achievements i expect a fucking public holiday!!!! oh shit we already had one yesterday :(

Barbarossa
06-12-2006, 03:57 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goes back to getting shytefaced!!!!

I have work tomorrow but going on passed Australian sporting achievements i expect a fucking public holiday!!!! oh shit we already had one yesterday :(

Well, why not have another one. FTW. Workshy layabouts. Who says crime doesn't pay?

Convicts, lol. ;)

manker
06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
We should have had a public holiday when we won The Ashes :dabs:

Celerystalksme
06-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Well Australia winning in the world cup and the English winning the ashes...its the same likelyhood!

manker
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Here's the BBC link for all you lucky people who live in Wales - and the other UK folk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/sport/live/bb/wm/video/ukonly/sol_now6a_bb.asx

manker
06-12-2006, 04:06 PM

Well Australia winning in the world cup and the English winning the ashes...its the same likelyhood!
:lol:

Barbarossa
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Here's the BBC link for all you lucky people who live in Wales - and the other UK folk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/sport/live/bb/wm/video/ukonly/sol_now6a_bb.asx

Nice one! ;)

Oh dear, USA are losing... :cool:

Chip Monk
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM

You're absolutely right ... if we were talking about tennis and not the group stage of a soccer competition.
:lol: :earl:

I particularly like the pausative use of the ellipsis.

Cheese
06-12-2006, 07:06 PM
1-3 Aus

next USA v CZE Why is it that the #5 world ranked team plays the number #3?

The FIFA rankings are kind of a joke, you can become one of the highest ranked teams just by beating Canada and Cuba lots. Fortunately the seeding system used for the World Cup(which decided the groups and thus the first round matches) is a bit more reflective of the performance of the teams on the world stage.

There is a nice explanation of how the seeding system works on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeding_for_2006_FIFA_World_Cup

Another important factor in how the games of the group stages are arranged is that FIFA likes to keep teams from the same continent relatively apart, so when the draw was made they had a complicated system set up so that two African teams weren't in the same group (for instance) and likewise with other continents. As Europe dominates soccer (we have about 14 teams out of 32 at this World Cup) they set it up so at maximum only two European teams could be in the same group.

dodgy368
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Ghana look a bit handy, apart from their keeper, just got a free in a dangerous position.:w00t:

pimiske
06-12-2006, 09:05 PM
apiah and esien were like lonely stars on the ground.Italy was same.There was nothing to watch.
g0 brazil....

Mr JP Fugley
06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
apiah and esien were like lonely stars on the ground..
That was kind of poetic. You could learn from that Chebus.

Adster
06-13-2006, 12:42 AM

hahah the ashes will be the most over hyped miss match series ever this year Gabba Wacc we never lose 2-0 up BOOM series over

Yes the rankings are bullshit Japon ranked 18 where ranked what 43?? so does that mean where ranked 18 now because we beat japon?? just a example of how fucked the rankings are

yes we had a public holuday on monday yesterday because of some woman they call a Queen that lives in England had a birthday (well wasnt it her real bday last month?)

worldpease
06-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Que Viva Mexico!
Jaaaaja jaaa ja.... im still happy.

BawA
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
June 13 2006

ITALY 2-0 GHANA

21. PIRLO Andrea (40')
15. IAQUINTA Vincenzo (83')

USA 0-3 CZECH REPUBLIC

9. KOLLER Jan (5')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (36')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (76')

AUSTRALIA 3-1 JAPAN

10. NAKAMURA Shunsuke (26')

4. CAHILL Tim (84')
4. CAHILL Tim (89')
15. ALOISI John (92+')
====================================================================================

Todays Matchs
KOR-TOG
FRA-SUI
BRA-CRO

Busyman™
06-13-2006, 05:35 AM
June 13 2006

ITALY 2-0 GHANA

21. PIRLO Andrea (40')

USA 0-3 CZECH REPUBLIC

9. KOLLER Jan (5')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (36')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (76')

AUSTRALIA 3-1 JAPAN

4. CAHILL Tim (84')
4. CAHILL Tim (89')
15. ALOISI John (92+')
Fuck off! :snooty: Update that.

manker
06-13-2006, 07:30 AM
June 13 2006

ITALY 2-0 GHANA

21. PIRLO Andrea (40')

USA 0-3 CZECH REPUBLIC

9. KOLLER Jan (5')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (36')
10. ROSICKY Tomas (76')

AUSTRALIA 3-1 JAPAN

4. CAHILL Tim (84')
4. CAHILL Tim (89')
15. ALOISI John (92+')
====================================================================================

Todays Matchs
KOR-TOG
FRA-SUI
BRA-CROThanks, BaWa. I'd looked everywhere for that :D

BaWa for Forum Star!1! :smilie4:

Edit: Not Forum Star, whatever the orange stars mean. Forum Cuntributor or whatever.

Forum Stars are just sacked mods. I always forget that.

BawA
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
smells fishy http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon2.gif

BawA
06-13-2006, 01:56 PM
KOR-TOG 0-1 end of 1st half

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Start a seperate thread for the scores BawA, they just get caught in amongst the general guddle in here.

It will stay at the top of the page because you are updating it at least 3 to 6 times a day.

Cheese
06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm going to the pub on Thursday night so will most likely miss the England game as they are unlikely to show the game on the big screen they use for showing sporting events. This thread will become invaluable for when I return and desire to know the England result.

Peerzy
06-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know the Togo Korea score? BawA posted the half time score but has left me in tears at not posting the full time. Also France are about to play, BawA, cna you post every 10 minutes to keep me up to date, as your posts are far better than my TV's.

DanB
06-13-2006, 04:39 PM
it was 2-1

DanB
06-13-2006, 04:41 PM
smells fishy http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon2.gif

Try washing it :blink:

Mr JP Fugley
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm going to the pub on Thursday night so will most likely miss the England game as they are unlikely to show the game on the big screen they use for showing sporting events. This thread will become invaluable for when I return and desire to know the England result.
Can't you get some sort of magical portable interweb machine. Then you can stay logged in and get the scores as they happen, from this thread. Think how impressed the camp lesbians you hang about with will be.

twisterX
06-14-2006, 02:28 AM
^ Yea its called google.

Read the red stuff on the first page.

UPDATE: Since everyone seems to ber asking for scores even though i posted this on the first page of the thread I will put it here so peope who just go to the last page can see it too.

To find out scores of any game passed or live use the wikipedia link on the first page or type it into google.

DanB
06-14-2006, 06:59 AM
^ Yea its called google.

Read the red stuff on the first page.

UPDATE: Since everyone seems to ber asking for scores even though i posted this on the first page of the thread I will put it here so peope who just go to the last page can see it too.

To find out scores of any game passed or live use the wikipedia link on the first page or type it into google.

or put the fucking telly on :frusty:

BawA
06-14-2006, 07:07 AM
Some of u may dont know but not every one get a chance to watch WorldCup, here in the MiddleEast a Evil company bought the rights and who ever wants to watch the cup must pay 300$ for the smartcard or pay 7$ to watch it at cafe.
so dont think that u have it ready at home so every must have them.

but i guess all u guys are europian so u dont have any problem watching the cup

manker
06-14-2006, 09:26 AM
not every one get a chance to watch WorldCup, here in the MiddleEast a Evil company bought the rightsWas it TheGreatSatan Inc.?

Barbarossa
06-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Meh, who would want to watch the footie anyway, without beer and pork scratchings? :blink:

ispartali
06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
ı want to win it germany because a lot of Turkish people live in there I LOVE U DEUTSHLAND!!!

dodgy368
06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
ı want to win it germany because a lot of Turkish people live in there I LOVE U DEUTSHLAND!!!
I want Turkey to win it.:P

manker
06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
http://192.20.225.55/tts/speech/78b739d0a154cab8b2cc0ba6df736290.wav

Chip Monk
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
^ Yea its called google.

There's a magical portable interweb machine called google. Where can I get me one of those well.

And also is it expensive to buy / use. I assume it's wireless, or else it wouldn't be very portable.

DanB
06-14-2006, 05:43 PM
good Saudi substiution there

dodgy368
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
The big shock is ON!!!
Tunisia 1 2 Saudi:w00t:
5 minutes to go.

Edit; It's off now. :(

DanB
06-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I think not.

Its now 2-2 :01: :lol:

maebach
06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Im sooooooooooooooooooooo happy. I started to scream and swear when Ballack and Klose hit the cross-bar so my parents arent too happy. I feel soooooo good right now. I kinda feel sorry for the polish fans though, rly. I mean they were so close to tieing. Now they have to beat Costa Rica, and hope that something happens to those 2 teams tommorrow (like a tie or costa rica winning), and then they have to beat CR, and hope that GD is on their side.

DanB
06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
fuck! myback has caught the peerzy abbreviation disease :ohmy:

Peerzy
06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
fuck! myback has caught the peerzy abbreviation disease :ohmy:

It's contagious. I really shouldn't post within about 3 posts of him.

worldpease
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Damn, poor Paraguay...
the WorldCup is really emotional, it really gets to me to see the players on the looser team when they've been disqualified.

Except when Mexico is the winner. Lol.
By the way, tomorow plays 'mi Raza'.
I won't make a special thread for it, cus whenever I do, we loose
and I get to swallow all my bragging about it.

DanB
06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
2-0 dodgy win

worldpease
06-15-2006, 10:11 PM
2-0 dodgy win
Dodgy being who?

DanB
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM
erm well who won 2-0?

worldpease
06-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Oooh! Dodgy. Ok...

and I didn't noticed the flag below you avatar,
sudently I dont like U that much.:P .

dodgy368
06-16-2006, 08:22 AM
I won I won!

Erm, what did I win?:huh:

BawA
06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Ar-gen-tina
Ar-gen-tina
Ar-gen-tina
Ar-gen-tina
Ar-gen-tina
6-frekin-0

Goodbye Engeland, Goodbye Brazil But not german

Cheese
06-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Nah, they're peaking too early. Something you defiently can't accuse England of.

Barbarossa
06-16-2006, 03:17 PM
To be fair, I think FST could put together a team that could knock 6 past Serbia & Montenegro... :dabs:

manker
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
To be fair, I think FST could put together a team that could knock 6 past Serbia & Montenegro... :dabs:
Holland, and their magnificent team of stars comprised almost entirely of players from their top notch domestic league, only managed to scrap a 1-0 spawny victory against them :dabs:

Barbarossa
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM

What a petulant post that is. :mellow:

I'm just pissed off because I haven't got any Argentinian attackers in my fantasy team. :(

dodgy368
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
The Dutch just scrapped through.:P

Why so many empty seats at this game?:huh:

BawA
06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
poor CIV, they didnt deserve to lose,they owned Ned after 2nd goal, they wasted too many chances.
the only problem they have is shooting in the penalty area.

anyway hard luck to CoastIvery and see you in next Mondial :wave::wave:

btw next is MEXico and i hope they lose big time http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon7.gif

worldpease
06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
btw next is MEXico and i hope they lose big time
Damn you man!:angry:

DanB
06-16-2006, 07:05 PM
btw next is MEXico and i hope they lose big time
Damn you man!:angry:

I'm behind Mexico for this game :01:

Omar Bravo is in my dream team for this stage

Mr JP Fugley
06-16-2006, 07:21 PM
If you check my list you will see that I will also be supporting Mexico, due to their primarilly Papish tradition.

BawA
06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
This year African are giving big teams realy hard time(btw snigal kicked france out in the 1st round at Korea Japan), mexico couldnt do anything even Angola played with 10 players.

Peerzy
06-16-2006, 09:13 PM
This year African are giving big teams realy hard time(btw snigal kicked france out in the 1st round at Korea Japan), mexico couldnt do anything even Angola played with 10 players.

snigal

Cool, new country.

(btw snigal kicked france out in the 1st round at Korea Japan),

Really, oh shit:O

worldpease
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, Its nice to see the suport,
but Damn, Mexico sucked... don't get me wrong, I love my team, loyal to death (figure speech),
but that was ugly, I mean, 'its angola you morons!'.
Now, as many times before, our qualification depends on the others,
Im runing the possible scenarios now on my dinamic chart.

Ooh, and if Angola had won, I would say they deserved it,
they overgrown us.

'morons' meaning the players

worldpease
06-16-2006, 09:16 PM
(btw snigal kicked france out in the 1st round at Korea Japan),
I remember that; hard to forget.

maebach
06-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I use to love senegal, or was it snigel?

BawA
06-17-2006, 05:15 AM
yeh senegal

Agrajag
06-17-2006, 08:52 AM
How many African teams, to date, have actually won a game? Other than Turkey.

manker
06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
The African teams have been shit this year.

The better teams failed to qualify in something of a quirk - the teams that did qualify are actually 6th, 8th, 12th and 14th ranked out of something like 50 African teams. The African footballing community are currently bemoaning their continent's showing in the World Cup finals.

I therefore conclude that BaWa is watching his younger brother play FM2006 and is getting all mixed up.

Agrajag
06-17-2006, 12:42 PM

The better teams failed to qualify in something of a quirk - the teams that did qualify are actually 6th, 8th, 12th and 14th ranked out of something like 50 African teams. The African footballing community are currently bemoaning their continent's showing in the World Cup finals.

I therefore conclude that BaWa is watching his younger brother play FM2006 and is getting all mixed up.
The scores however are amazingly similar. That, Sir is very spooky indeed.

manker
06-17-2006, 01:07 PM

The scores however are amazingly similar. That, Sir is very spooky indeed.It's the new technology, mate. Simulates real life almost flawlessly.

I was playing SuperMarioLand with the missus in bed the other day. Can you imagine my surprise when she got 2 up.

BawA
06-17-2006, 03:04 PM

Non but they sure kick some ass
edit: senegal did and am sure there are more but cant recall it
btw turkey is in Asia(soon to be Europ) not Africa http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon2.gif

Come on Dont lie to yourself, they realy owned POR and HOL, they dont have enough experience thats all.
and dont mix up yourself with me.

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 04:30 PM
The scores however are amazingly similar. That, Sir is very spooky indeed.It's the new technology, mate. Simulates real life almost flawlessly.

I was playing SuperMarioLand with the missus in bed the other day. Can you imagine my surprise when she got 2 up.
:glag: :earl:

I think I found that even funnier because I have no idea what it really means. A single entendre if you will.

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 04:32 PM

Non but they sure kick some ass
btw turkey is in Asia(soon to be Europ) not Africa http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon2.gif

Come on Dont lie to yourself, they realy owned POR and HOL, they dont have enough experience thats all.
and dont mix up yourself with me.

Thats could be my favourite post ever. Does anyone know the phrase "target rich environment"

{I}{K}{E}
06-17-2006, 05:54 PM

Ghana won from Czech Republic (Czech Republic is ranked nr. 2 of the world) :01:

I hope Ghana wins from the US and qualifies for the 1/8 final.

nanotek
06-17-2006, 06:26 PM
lol yeh what happened to those czechs hahaha

go germany

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 07:05 PM

Ghana won from Czech Republic (Czech Republic is ranked nr. 2 of the world) :01:

Last (or Final) 16, mate. The cognoscenti don't call it the 1/8 final.

peat moss
06-17-2006, 07:19 PM
It always happens in sport , an early shocker . Hope there's more to come , just wish I had watched the whole game tho . Tuned in at the 56 minuet mark and had a hard time hearing the announcers over the crowd cheering .

BawA
06-17-2006, 07:20 PM

i think thoes who say African "This" African "That" should get a listen;
In your Face's

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2006, 07:22 PM

i think thoes who say African "This" African "That" should get a listen;
In your Face's
Fair point, that's 1 game they've won. You certainly know your stuff.

dodgy368
06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Italy in big trouble now, really funny own goal and now down to 10 men!:w00t:

peat moss
06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Was hoping for something after that cheap elbow in Yanks face .

dodgy368
06-17-2006, 07:51 PM
1 red each now, and the American deserved it, could've broken the Italians leg.

Cheese
06-17-2006, 07:52 PM
1 red each now, and the American deserved it, could've broken the Italians leg.

He should get a medal for that.

BawA
06-17-2006, 07:56 PM
one thing i didnt get, why ghana Celebrate thier win with Israeili flag, dont they have thier own?
ist becuz 4/6 of thier players play in Israeili clubs?

and italian teams r looking broken, hopefully they will recover in 2nd half, i hate to see them tying with people who call "HAND-BALL" FootBall :lol:

BawA
06-17-2006, 09:07 PM
hmmm
am impressed by USA, they played very well even with 9 players, it will be hard for them to win Ghana with only 9 players after what we saw today.
if they win Ghana and either Italia or CZE wins they get to next round, i hope they do after todays proformence.

maebach
06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
I was wondering that too, the guy had the Isreali flag, why?

{I}{K}{E}
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I was wondering that too, the guy had the Isreali flag, why?

not sure why he had it with him, but i know he plays in Isreal

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
hmmm
am impressed by USA, they played very well even with 9 players, it will be hard for them to win Ghana with only 9 players after what we saw today.
if they win Ghana and either Italia or CZE wins they get to next round, i hope they do after todays proformence.
A fucking tie. Shit.:dry:

We play Ghana on the 22nd

Right now the US has the worst record in their group.

Busyman™
06-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Hmmm...I see for the US to advance they MUST beat Ghana and Italy MUST BEAT teh Shreks.

If teh Shreks and Italy tie, or teh Shreks win....they both are in.

Formula1
06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
one thing i didnt get, why ghana Celebrate thier win with Israeili flag, dont they have thier own?
ist becuz 4/6 of thier players play in Israeili clubs?

and italian teams r looking broken, hopefully they will recover in 2nd half, i hate to see them tying with people who call "HAND-BALL" FootBall :lol:

Yeah i read on another forum, that one of their players play for Tel-Aviv..

DanB
06-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Wasn't expecting the game to turn out li ke that :blink:

Cheese
06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Hmmm...I see for the US to advance they MUST beat Ghana and Italy MUST BEAT teh Shreks.

Technically, USA could get through on goal difference (assuming they win) if they score enough goals past Ghana and the Italians/Czechs draw or the Italians lose. I love close groups like USA's, all the teams have something to play for in the final group game.

Good luck to USA, I'd like to see them go through with the Czechs and the Italians to go home early again.

scribblec
06-17-2006, 11:44 PM
haha to the idiot who said turkey was an african team

Cheese
06-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, what an idiot. Everyone knows that they're a South American team.

Busyman™
06-18-2006, 01:51 AM

Technically, USA could get through on goal difference (assuming they win) if they score enough goals past Ghana and the Italians/Czechs draw or the Italians lose. I love close groups like USA's, all the teams have something to play for in the final group game.

Good luck to USA, I'd like to see them go through with the Czechs and the Italians to go home early again.
So in your scenario in red it would be:

Italy 5
Shreks 4
USA 4
Ghana 3

In blue

Italy 4
Shreks 6
USA 4
Ghana 3

right?

So far the Shreks have 3 goals, Italy has 3. The US has only 1 fucking goal. That goal is not to just beat Ghana but beat the shit out of'em.:angry:

Just to make sure I understand the goal difference tiebreak against the US is it:

Shreks are now +1, Italy is +2, and the US is -3?

That looks like a tall mountain climb....if it comes to a tiebreak. I'm rooting for the US and Italy. Fuck the Shreks of course.

Good for England with 2 shutouts so far. I see they are on to the tournament even if they lose.

scribblec
06-18-2006, 01:53 AM

clearly :ermm:

maebach
06-18-2006, 03:55 AM
I like the shreks, nedved is on my team in the pool. :lookaroun

dodgy368
06-18-2006, 08:06 AM
hmmm

I'm sure FIFA will be nice to the USA and let them field 11 players against Ghana:lol: .

@busyman
For the USA to go through they must win (oviously) against Ghana, that leaves only 2 scenarios.

If Italy draws then USA must win by 5 clear goals, equalling Czechs goal difference isn't good enough cos Czech beat USA in their game.

If Italy lose then how many goals USA need is determined by how many Italy lose by.
ie, Italy 0 3 Czech
USA would need to win by 2 clear goals.
Might sound strange but I think Italy losing is USA's easiest way through.
Hope that makes it easier for you.:)

Adster
06-18-2006, 08:27 AM
ahh the USA coach who said aust was the 2nd worst team in the wrold cup

I wanna see US miss the 2nd round and aust get in just coz of that

BawA
06-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Go soccero0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0s

Cheese
06-18-2006, 09:45 AM
If Italy draws then USA must win by 5 clear goals, equalling Czechs goal difference isn't good enough cos Czech beat USA in their game.

Are you sure? If goal difference is equal don't they decide the posions on goals scored. If so a 4-0 USA win and a 0-0 or 1-1 draw in the other game would be enough to see USA through. A 2-2 draw and 4-0 USA win would mean thy decide the postion by the result between the two teams.

An unlikely scenario granted.

I also have to disagree with Italy losing being USA's best chance of progressing, a Czech loss and a USA win would put USA through on points with no need to worry about complicated goal difference permutations.

Edit:
Point system

The system of play will be the league system, each team playing one match against each of the other teams in the same group, with three points for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat.
The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifa_world_cup_2006#_note-rules)
a) Greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) Goal difference in all group matches;
c) Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal based on the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) Drawing of lots by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup.

The two teams coming first and second in each group qualify for the second round.

Cheese
06-18-2006, 09:52 AM

Good luck to USA, I'd like to see them go through with the Czechs and the Italians to go home early again. So in your scenario in red it would be:

Italy 5
Shreks 4
USA 4
Ghana 3

In blue

Italy 4
Shreks 6
USA 4
Ghana 3

right?

So far the Shreks have 3 goals, Italy has 3. The US has only 1 fucking goal. That goal is not to just beat Ghana but beat the shit out of'em.:angry:

Just to make sure I understand the goal difference tiebreak against the US is it:

Shreks are now +1, Italy is +2, and the US is -3?

That looks like a tall mountain climb....if it comes to a tiebreak. I'm rooting for the US and Italy. Fuck the Shreks of course.

Good for England with 2 shutouts so far. I see they are on to the tournament even if they lose.

That's pretty much it, you're best off rooting for an Italian win so if USA beat Ghana they'll go through. Should be two tight games, I imagine the teams are going to be changing positions lots during the course of the two games (the matches are played at the same time).

England's shutouts (or clean-sheets) is about the only thing you can take from our performance, we've had a lacklustre start to this World Cup. :(

dodgy368
06-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Are you sure? If goal difference is equal don't they decide the posions on goals scored. If so a 4-0 USA win and a 0-0 or 1-1 draw in the other game would be enough to see USA through. A 2-2 draw and 4-0 USA win would mean thy decide the postion by the result between the two teams.

I also have to disagree with Italy losing being USA's best chance of progressing, a Czech loss and a USA win would put USA through on points with no need to worry about complicated goal difference permutations.

Edit:
Point system

The system of play will be the league system, each team playing one match against each of the other teams in the same group, with three points for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat.
The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifa_world_cup_2006#_note-rules)
a) Greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) Goal difference in all group matches;
c) Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal based on the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) Drawing of lots by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup.

The two teams coming first and second in each group qualify for the second round.

Yep, you're spot on with that, I should've posted after I'd woken up.:oops:

DorisInsinuate
06-18-2006, 10:11 AM

clearly :ermm:
Lol, just fucking lol.

Cheese
06-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Edit:
Yep, you're spot on with that, I should've posted after I'd woken up.:oops:

I play far too much Football Manager so am able to work out all the permutations in my sleep. I have also started using the word "permutation" far too much.

Chip Monk
06-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm taking that, even tho' it is shooting fish in a barrel.

DanB
06-18-2006, 12:57 PM

I have a feeling Australia are going to have their arses handed to them today by Brazil :ermm:

Adster
06-18-2006, 01:08 PM

I have a feeling Australia are going to have their arses handed to them today by Brazil :ermm:

yeah i dont think we will get up tonight hopefuly japon and croata grab a draw then we can force or win against coratia to get in 2nd round bout as far as we will go

then I have to get on the england bandwagon

DanB
06-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Judging by what I've seen of the Japan v Croatia game so far I say you havea good chance of that for sure

BawA
06-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Judging by what I've seen of the Japan v Croatia game so far I say you havea good chance of that for sure

i 2nd that, game is so boring that i felt a sleep on my couch twice.

Delorean
06-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Its Croatia Vs Japan what did you expect. both teams prefer defensive stradegies so they cancel each other out! This was the most boring game till now. I almost fell asleep too.

DorisInsinuate
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I'd have thought all teams like to use defensive strategies.

Skillian
06-18-2006, 04:47 PM
GO AUSSIES!

Looking nice so far :happy:

DanB
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
GO AUSSIES!

Looking nice so far :happy:

Apart from being 1-0 down :huh:

ofbz
06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
2-0 brazil... for a moment there i thought australia was gonna tie or even win...

Skillian
I think you'll find it's 2-0 :ermm:

Ah well, shame.

BawA
fuckin very bad day for Socceroos, But they played damn nice game. the bald guy who came as the injured person subsitud played very nice, if he was in sooner they m8 done something.
best luck on next game, they got good chance.

Delorean
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
fuckin very bad day for Socceroos, But they played damn nice game. the bald guy who came as the injured person subsitud played very nice, if he was in sooner they m8 done something.
best luck on next game, they got good chance.

I think he got in the game pretty soon. Before even the first half was over.

@ DorisInsinuate: Brazil goes for a more offensive stradegy, France the same, Netherlands and Argentina are offensive aswell.

Usually the teams that prefer the defensive gameplay is Italy and "weak" teams who prefer to hold on until they find an opportunity for goal on a counter attack.

DanB
06-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I think you'll find it's 2-0 :ermm:

Ah well, shame.

Not when I posted it wasn't ;)

dodgy368
06-18-2006, 06:57 PM
@ DorisInsinuate: Brazil goes for a more offensive stradegy, France the same, Netherlands and Argentina are offensive aswell.
Yeah, I find them offensive as well.:naughty:

Delorean
06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Goal for France! Henry open the score!

manker
06-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Have they scored since? What about South Korea, did they pull one back yet?

Mr JP Fugley
06-18-2006, 07:52 PM

Delorean
06-18-2006, 08:01 PM

They haven't score since Mundial of 98. Since in Mundial of 2002 they din't score a single goal! So i guess i got a bit excited! :)

dodgy368
06-18-2006, 08:43 PM

YES!!!:D :D :D

Barbarossa
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
What's the score? :ermm: Bawa?

Busyman™
06-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Why do people keep asking for the scores when are updated live on the INTERNET (http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/scoreboard?league=fifa.world&lpos=wcnav&lid=gn_sn_fifa.world+Scoreboard&cc=5901)?

manker
06-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Why do people keep asking for the scores when are updated live on the INTERNET (http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/scoreboard?league=fifa.world&lpos=wcnav&lid=gn_sn_fifa.world+Scoreboard&cc=5901)?
That's an American site. We're from the UK.

Who wants to wait five hours, til you catch up with our time zone, to find out the footie scores. Duh.

Busyman™
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
That's an American site. We're from the UK.

Who wants to wait five hours, til you catch up with our time zone, to find out the footie scores. Duh.
Hmm I thought it was live updates. It seemed to update as the scores happened. I think Google does the same thing.

Duh.

manker
06-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I had promised myself that I wouldn't rod the forum thickos.

Damn it. I've got no willpower :(

Busyman™
06-19-2006, 12:08 AM

Oh good, you did understand live.

manker
06-19-2006, 12:16 AM

Oh good, you did understand live.Eh? :blink:

What's that got to do with anything.

Adster
06-19-2006, 12:26 AM
well i watched the game at 2am and stayed up to 4am

socceroos played well could have got a draw had chances and blew them to level it at 1-1 good effort against the champtions

I just hope someoen knocks off brazil dont want this like cricket world cup where Australia cant be stopped

well all we need is a draw against croatia now to get into 1st round

Adster
06-19-2006, 12:29 AM
also Im sure Ranaldo now knows the Australian players names

and the ref was pathetic blew the pee out of teh whitle everytime brazil appeald the nazi pulled a penalty

Delorean
06-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Sure the ref did a lot of mistakes. However, Australia had a lot of chance to bring the game level or even get the lead after the first goal. Brazil barely made 2 chances which were actually good.
As for ronaldo.. well he is doing extremely bad in the field. If robinho wasn't subtitute him brazil might never scored the 2nd goal! :lol:

Adster
06-19-2006, 04:48 AM
yeah we had chances plenty but through it away whats scary is Brazil havnt even played good yet and havnt conceded a goal against them

I just cant see anyone getting past them yet again

as for France they are Gonskies

jounior
06-19-2006, 10:07 AM
i want brazil to win

BawA
06-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Spain Added to the collection of thoes team which i want them to be kicked out of the WC, along Brazil ofcorse