PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid

twisterX
05-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Is Demonoid like a real private tracker. It just seems different from like the normal private trackers such as TB and FL. It doesn't have the same layout and the torrents usually go slow for me when I always max out on TB and FL.

Do they even have like the 28 days TTL limit. Demonoid seems like TorrentSpy to me becuase of the slow speeds and the large amounts of torrents they have which arent seeded well.

Do they have like signup limits. I like private trackers which you can always max out your speed and that have limited users so the bad ones don't come back. :lol:

berserk1980
05-04-2006, 05:47 AM
yeah, i have the same feeling. and some times, i found public torrents also use
demonoid's tracker.

sear
05-04-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah, i have the same feeling. and some times, i found public torrents also use
demonoid's tracker.

I found this as well. Though I think they have a signup limit because it seems to open up then close as users drop off. Still it's an ok site lots of torrents and you dont have too stress about ratio too much. Hey wait doesn't that make it a public tracker ;)

j0hn
05-04-2006, 04:32 PM
demonoid used to be closed most of the time, and require u to keep a good ratio, like other private torrent sites.
due to the high number of users, the load on their tracker gets really high, so the system they use to save resources could easily be cheated (it only records when u stop the torrent).
for whatever reason, they decided 1 day to no longer care about ur ratio.
they have 100% stopped banning/warning anyone for having a low ratio, or not sharing.

also, demonoid opens every other day for short periods of times.
essentially, demonoid is sitting on the fence between being public/private.
its leaning more to the public side though. the speeds i get on demonoid are terrible, to be generous to them.

saying that, i still like demonoid. theres a particular torrent thats uploaded exclusively there by 1 of the users that i download everytime they release an update, and its worth being a member just for that.

Circlecast
05-04-2006, 04:41 PM
What Program is that?

twisterX
05-04-2006, 06:19 PM
What Program is that?

Its a tracker/website